Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In space??

Comment

I still think that the Camelot Supergate is bigger than the Beachhead supergate. For instance, with the first page sprites, how can an Ori Warship be able to pass through the Supergate in the third image?

Comment

It's possible that they were two different Supergate designs. On the Sprites page, you could have a "Camelot Supergate" with the 90 segments and sized to accomodate an Ori Warship, right next to the "Beachead Supergate" with the 80 Segments in a tighter circle formation.

Comment

There isn't anything that really points to the supergates being different. We'll have to wait for Season 10.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

It has to pick up a certain amount of friction dosent it?? And it is a harder target to hit if it is thiner.
            sigpic

Comment

80 meters for the Wraith Scout ship? are you sure? it didnt look that big

Comment

If you just look at the previously posted screencaps from Beachhead and Camelot, the Beachhead gate looks smaller than the Camelot one so personally I think that the Beachhead gate is smaller.
                Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The pieces also expand after they have left the gate, because even in beach head, they were bigger then a Tel'tec after, and Tel'tec > gate!
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
                    The pieces also expand after they have left the gate, because even in beach head, they were bigger then a Tel'tec after, and Tel'tec > gate!
                    The expansion theory is just that - a theory. There has been no canon explanation for the size differences between the segments leaving the gate and when we see them with the Tel'tac. And there's also the Camelot issues, but I`ve just about given up trying to come up with a scale for anything in that episode!
                    At the moment we have:
                    1. Expansion
                    2. Fusion (the pieces join together to make one larger piece)
                    3. Screw a canon explanation. They just screwed up!

Any other ideas?

Comment

The fusion assembly idea really seems feasible. Components that make up the Supergate segments can be sent through the Stargate and automatically assemble together on the other side.

Comment

I just updated the arrangement of the sprites, Anubis's ship, and I added the 'Camelot' Version of the supergate.

Now, as far as I know, I have covered every Major Ship in the Stargate Universe. If you know of a ship that appeared in atleast two episodes, or has had an important and pivotal roll in the Show, that I haven't added to the scale, please tell me.

Also, if you see any major errors, or sprites you think were poorly made, please inform me, and I will fix the problem.
                        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

How about the Replicator ship which appeared in both 'Enemies' and 'Unnatural Selection'
                          And Apophis' ship from 'Exodus' and 'Enemies'. Be interesting to see where this scales with the Hatak and Anubis' Mothership.
                          And the Aurora class Ancient ship.

Think thats about it

Edited to add: great work you`re doing here. You are a hero to modellers everywhere!

Comment

Lantean Warship

Comment

Does anyone know the dimensions of the hostile alien ship in "Grace?"

Comment

Amazing work as usual. Anyway, does anyone here play a computer game called Star Trek: Bridge Commander? I have been able to download a number of mods off of the Internet, that allow one to play with STARGATE ships. I have been able to fly around in a Death Glider, Needle Threader, F-302, BC-303, BC-304, Wraith Dart, multiple Ha'tak versions, and two Asgard ships. If you thought seeing the sprites were a good perspective, try playing the game I mentioned.

I also think that the Supergate segments are still slightly too close together. I think that in the "Camelot" Supergate, the segments could be a few pixels more further apart, and then the gate would be perfect for the Ori ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X