No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we've cannabalized the game system-No more upgrades, no more map, no more bad human sprites. We will release a new Demo with all of the changes (and actually featuring a bit of the story), as well as the revised Beta game... when the topic has reached 82 pages.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

by revised Beta, do you mean the beta of the gamma? or the actual 2nd Stargate Battles?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

thats what i was wondering
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

...for future and past reference 'Beta' refers to the second game, 'Alpha' refers to the first, 'Gamma' refers to the third, 'Omega' refers to the fourth, and 'Delta'... will refer to the fifth.

OH! OH! And something very much worth mentioning, you will now hold down the left mouse button to fire weapons, and right click your ship itself to cycle through weapons.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

when the topic reaches 82 pages? i think thats the weirdest thing you've done since you started making the demo. why not jsut realize it once its ready lol
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

because this topic has lost its spark. I remember when I used to go do something else for a few hours, and three whole pages poped up! I've also figured out where the daedalus lands on Atlantis, and I will be able to properly scale it...

There's that reason, and the fact that both the demo, and the updated version of the Beta game are already ready to be released...

-LGBT-

Comment

Anywho, for the FINAL scalling on Atlantis, I will ust the Citricia picture (edited from Shane Benson's Atlantis Model), and select sceencaps from 'The Siege part 3'.

-LGBT-

Comment

wow thats pretty fricken huge. i'm glad its starting to look like Atlantis is a lot more impressive than we first believed. on another note we need people to start spamming this topic so we have less time to wait for the damn demo!
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

...about that... this topic is walking the line on breaking the rules already, as it's basically gone off topic (although one could argue that the games are a further example of the scales, and demonstrates a top-view, instead of a side-view...)

How about I just give you more of the story, and let you talk about that instead? This should give you all... plenty to talk about:

{the text posted here was in violation of 'Into the Void' agreements 1, and 7. It has been removed indefinately}
                    Last edited by Battera; 23 November 2006, 03:53 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

The Legion sounds cool, but why would it attack the earth ships, what did they do to get attacked?

Comment

He/it wanted them to leave the planet's orbit, and een after given a reasonable period of time, they didn't. He forewarned them, and they were ounished.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera, where did you get 510 meters for the Daedalus' size?

Also, that picture of Atlantis you posted was not accurately scaled.

To find the length one goes from farthest point to opposite side.

Using your picture, and the same sprite for Daedalus, I got one that was 44 and 3/8ths Daedalus class ships long from the topmost point in the image to the bottom most point.
                          Last edited by An-Alteran; 19 November 2006, 09:41 PM.

Comment

From the post posted a while back that scaled the Odessey to Carter in space.

-LGBT-

Comment

A bit more info on the demo:

I've (FINALLY!!!) been able to convert the game to GM v6.1, meaning better gameplay options (Such as shooting with the left mouse button, and cycling through weapons with the right), WAY better effects (namely the hyperspace effect which I am definately proud of).

The Ori Battlecruiser's shields have been lessened, but its weapons have been strengthened. The shield effect has been improved, as has the Ori ship's primary weapon effect... what am I forgetting... OH! The demo will also feature the first Enkyllian ships (so you can tell me how much stronger/weaker you think they need to be.) You will also get to fight the Ori ship (though without QENB's. The effect for them doesn't work well in the v.6, and I'm trying to tweak it.) I know what you're thinking-NO QENBS?!?!?!?! Well, sorry. The Epimetheus's turrets have been improved, and you won't be alone in the fight *hint*hint*

And a small additional note, I tried to replicate the Ori Beam's sound effect... and it isn't ba by anymeans-cool actually, but it doesn't sound much like the real thing.
                              Last edited by Battera; 20 November 2006, 11:21 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                                From the post posted a while back that scaled the Odessey to Carter in space.
                                You said that image was suspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X