No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then, what would you prefer to happen? I could have it make the ship bounce off like in the last game, or have it rotate 90 degrees... But sorry, the mouse click thing wouldn't make the ship as powerful as I'd like it to be- you'd have to press the mouse over and over to fire a single group of blasts. It's called a 'TURRET; for a reason. If not 'v' then what button (Other than space, or alt, or ctrl would you all prefer?
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

hold down a mouse button? that would work. just make the turrets stronger and i'm happy
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Ok now I have been doing some scaling on the Daedalus Class Battle Crusiers and here is what I have to show (note: the scale of pictures is kinda bad and I tried to make it better but couldn't, sorry):

In the picture it shows Sam right next to the Odyssey. Sam is about 6ft tall in the space suit and I compared that to the front of the ship and its roughly 16ft tall or 5 1/3 meters.

Here Im taking the front of the ship to the total size of the 'head' of the ship. It's about 10x the size of the front making it 160ft (53 1/3 meters) tall.

Now in the thrid picture I'm taking the size of the 'head' of the ship to the length. It's 11 4/5x the hieght, so 11.80 x 160 = 1888ft (630 meters or so) long. I took the height of the front and took it to the back of the Odyssey. It's 1 3/4x the front, 1.75 x 160 = 280ft (94 meters).

For the width I took the height at the back and compared it to the width at the back. the bottom of the back is 4 1/2x the height at the back making it 4.5 x 280 = 1280ft (420 meters). Then at the top of the of the Odyssey its 2 1/2x the height so 2.5 x 280 = 700 ft (233 1/3 meters).

To find the front width of the ship I took the hieght of the front section and compared it to the width. It's 9 3/4x the hieght- 9.75 x 16 = 156ft (52 meters) wide.

The dimensions of the Deadelus class ships are as follows:
        The lenght is: 1888ft (630 meters)
        The height at the front is: 160ft (53 1/3 meters)
        The height at the back is: 280ft (94 meters)
        The width at the front is: 156ft (52 meters)
        The width at the back w/ hangers is: 1280ft (420 meters)
        The width at the back w/o hangers is: 700 ft (233 1/3 meters)

Hope it helps a bit
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

...I thought it was established that Camelot cannot be used for scaling...

But... aren't people typically 7+ feet while in a space suit, including the added height from the boots, and the helmet? Given THAT, I estimate a length of about 511 meters. I'll make appropriate adjustments to all sprites.
          Please note, I will update the front page sprites in march, when the new episodes start airing again.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            Did you forget that it's WAY into the future? I really don't think railguns would be an acceptable weapons. I know it's hard to tell, but each turret blast's more than twice as strong as each railgun blast.

EDIT:

One of my collegues posted the second game at 64 digits, and it got rated 8/10!
            The thing is, the rail guns had infinite ammo and just kept firing. They would be useful when the nergy ran out.

Comment

Ok, I see where you're coming from. They still aren't going to be in the game.

As a little treat, I'm going to modify the Beta game a wee bit, and release it (along with a DRAMATIC spoiler for the fourth, and proposedly final installment in the SGB series, SGB IV-Omega Species).
              Last edited by Battera; 16 November 2006, 08:37 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

...I thought it was established that Camelot cannot be used for scaling...

But... aren't people typically 7+ feet while in a space suit, including the added height from the boots, and the helmet? Given THAT, I estimate a length of about 511 meters. I'll make appropriate adjustments to all sprites.
                Please note, I will update the front page sprites in march, when the new episodes start airing again.
                ummmm.. sorry I didnt hear the whole camelot cannot be trusted speech but I think that the dimensions would be the same contrary to the size of the ships so I'll try to find other clips outside of camelot to redo my scaling of the odyssey. With that I'll take the dimensions and adjust then to the new clips, like the lenght is 9.5x the height at the front and stuff like that.

Edit: Flesh and Blood has the only good human to ship scaling, let me know if the sam coming into the hangerbay is good
                Last edited by boberth2o; 16 November 2006, 11:58 AM.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

my god that ori ship is so hard to beat, i got bored so i let it kill me, there has to be an easier way to beat it instead of circling in and shooting it with turrets, even the QENS did frack all damage

Comment

Ok, I see where you're coming from. They still aren't going to be in the game.

As a little treat, I'm going to modify the Beta game a wee bit, and release it (along with a DRAMATIC spoiler for the fourth, and proposedly final installment in the SGB series, SGB IV-Omega Species).
                    I have a secondary idea then.
                    Could you add a few smaller energy cannons that are as powerful as those on the gliders or the Alkesh and have them be infinite ammo? They would be useful agains the gliders without wasting main gun energy.

Newer ships will be equiped with far stronger energy cannons though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      ummmm.. sorry I didnt hear the whole camelot cannot be trusted speech but I think that the dimensions would be the same contrary to the size of the ships so I'll try to find other clips outside of camelot to redo my scaling of the odyssey. With that I'll take the dimensions and adjust then to the new clips, like the lenght is 9.5x the height at the front and stuff like that.

Edit: Flesh and Blood has the only good human to ship scaling, let me know if the sam coming into the hangerbay is good
                      Use that Puddlejumer in the hanger that one time on the Daedalus. Scale the jmper to humans, and the Daedalus to the jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
                        my god that ori ship is so hard to beat, i got bored so i let it kill me, there has to be an easier way to beat it instead of circling in and shooting it with turrets, even the QENS did frack all damage
                        i beat it,
                        Spoiler:
                        what you need to do is this, when you fire the QENS shoot at it with your turrets and keep fireing, when the green particals disapear fire another QENS and repeat the progress over and over again(remember upgrade so you have 5 QENS or you cant beat it) you will like the message at the end lol.

PS: Great game I Beat It In Under 15min.
                        Last edited by Ancient665; 16 November 2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I have a new idea.

How about a game of Stargate ships versus the star trek ships?

You could have the original enterprise against the Prometheus and the next gen. enterprise against the Daedalus and such.

The story could be that the federation time traveled from an evil universe or something like that and tried to enslave Earth of the past or something rather?

Thanks,
                          AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                            I have a new idea.

How about a game of Stargate ships versus the star trek ships?

You could have the original enterprise against the Prometheus and the next gen. enterprise against the Daedalus and such.

The story could be that the federation time traveled from an evil universe or something like that and tried to enslave Earth of the past or something rather?

Thanks,
                            AGT58
                            WE WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH A GAME. END OF STORY. NO CROSS-OVERS.

-LGBT-

Comment

WE WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH A GAME. END OF STORY. NO CROSS-OVERS.
                              Why not exactly?

If we can have made up races in the games why not ones from other series? Or is it the thought of the Daedalus beating the enterprise too much for some people? I'm a fan of both series for the record.

Thanks,
                              AGTFB

Comment

Because, we find it un-ethical. The reason we use new races, is because we use the same Earth-Atlantis universe in the show (as of seasons 10 and three).

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X