No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your good words everyone. A little heads up on the demo. It will not actually feature a chuck of the story like the demo(s) for the first two games. Actually, it will feature its own short custom story, demostrating the new features of the game.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Here's a map of the Milky way that I edited to use in the game (Picture was made by NASA):

Every point I named will be the site for atleast one mission:

Please note, the game will take place in a total of three galaxies-Milky Way, Pegasus, and Spindle (which is the galaxy of the Ori).

And an update on the demo:
      The story will take place before the game, as the player needs to mop up the remnants of the long-lived Lucian Alliance. Any player who actually gets to the end, will get the very first ever spoilers for the fourth, and final installment in the SGB quadrilogy, SGB: The Omega.
      Last edited by Battera; 07 November 2006, 05:07 PM.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of detail to be put in a game! However, isn't Abydos really close to Earth in galactic terms according to the show?

Also, the Daedalus class ships have blue shields, not yellow like on the Prometheus, just throwing it out there since in the first complete game, the Odyssey had yellow shields.

How will there be Ori galaxy events? We don't know anything about their galaxy except for 2 or 3 planets. Sounds cool though.

Thanks,
        AGT58

Comment

Because, according to the story we sort of sent something over to their galaxy, and due to the events that occur in the game, we need to get it back.

And to comment on the location of Abydos, th movie stated that it wasn't even in our galaxy...

-LGBT-

Comment

And to comment on the location of Abydos, th movie stated that it wasn't even in our galaxy...
            Well in the series it is and the series is what the game is based upon.

PS it was also stated in an episode (moebius i think) that chulak is only 6000ly from earth so you may wish to move it a little

Comment

The movie is pretty much wrong for all the scientific data about Stargate.

Abydos is actually the CLOSEST planet with a Stargate to Earth, as stated by Carter.

Game sounds awesome Battera I can't wait.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

...whatever...

Anyway, the ESW-306 has been renamed 'Athena'. The reason is symbolic, and will play a part in the final parts of the game.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by tsjr View Post
                  Well in the series it is and the series is what the game is based upon.

PS it was also stated in an episode (moebius i think) that chulak is only 6000ly from earth so you may wish to move it a little
                  Actually, 2000 LY.

AGT58

Comment

Something I've been getting alot of heat for on other sites is not having dogfights (fighters going at it). This game will feature a few enemies with which your weapons are too big and sluggish to kill usually, so the player will be able to launch F-302's to take on gliders, al'kesh, and enkyllian warships. Af course they're all only a pixel big...

And the QENB's will be in the game. I'm utilizing a particle system for the explosion effect.

-LGBT-

Comment

I love the demo I am playing now. But I am maybe 20 minutes into it and as soon as I destroy one of the B ships on a certain level, the game just shuts down. No errors or lockups, as soon as I railgun it to death the game just stops. Any advice?

Comment

Well, I have one. If you're playing a demo, please realize that the game ends short of the full thing...

-LGBT-

Comment

I see. I thought my computer was messing up. Guess I played the whole thing.

Comment

I am really looking forward to the new game!

So, have you decided if you are going to do any Ancient ships in any of your games?

PS: I really like the sprites you did on the first page. They are really cool.

It would be awesome if you made Aurora class and Atlantis ones.

Comment

Well... I'm glad I could help.

Anywho..................

Time to announce the first of the new features in the game:

the 'great' ability to know just how close you are to kicking your enemy's ass-hold the cursor over an enemy to see how much shield power is has left, or how strong its hull is.

EDIT: I have finally deduced how to make only a small chuck of the shield visible at a time, like in the show (how the only part of the shield that's visible is an area that's been hit with a weapon)

EDIT (Again):An-Alteran-There is a city-ship, and an Aurora-class warship in the Beta version.
                              Last edited by Battera; 10 November 2006, 06:46 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera your on a role man keep it up! These games really have been immensly fun and were all eagerly awaiting the next installment!
                                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                                X