This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhkplaya888
    dude the ori sheilds r good but i dont think they got zmps...+ they did say when the wraith were attacking that they only had 3hrs till sheild breach..aslo vala did say that the ori have a weakness i wonder wut that is...
    Did you notice that glowing sphere in that ring-device inside the Ori ship? That can be either of 2 things. A singularity or the Ori told their Priors how to stabilize that ZPM type device that the Pegasus Ancients were experimenting on.

If it's a singularity, then maybe its not as powerful as a ZPM. If it's that "giant ZPM" type of device... then its more powerful. Meaning that the Wraith are SCREWED.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Is it just me who thinks that the Wraith can take down the Ori, due to sheer numbers?

Edit: Those blue things on the toilet seat part of the Ori ships could well be a stargate connected to a black hole, thus powering the ship?
      Blam Forums - The Internet Has Landed

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
        Did you notice that glowing sphere in that ring-device inside the Ori ship? That can be either of 2 things. A singularity or the Ori told their Priors how to stabilize that ZPM type device that the Pegasus Ancients were experimenting on.

If it's a singularity, then maybe its not as powerful as a ZPM. If it's that "giant ZPM" type of device... then its more powerful. Meaning that the Wraith are SCREWED.
        u got a point...but that might be a huge ori weakness like vala said...if it is like the one the anceints were expirimenting on then it is unstable...fine a way 2 make it unstable n for it 2 go over..n boom no more ori!
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Did anyone but me happen to see "Lost City?" How many drones it took to destroy one Ha'tak. Yes, yes, those were Anubis' Ha'tak's, enhanced with Ancient knowledge, all those Ha'tak's were Anubis', the Jaffa got them from Ba'al, who served anubis. I just watched the episode "Camelot" again, and you're right, it took two burst from those canons to destroy a ha'tak, it took about 60 drones to destroy Anubis's motherships, 20 for his normal ha'tak's, I'm being conservative, it took a great many more to destroy Anubis' ship, the Asgard ship was hit what 4 times, I just watched this episode again as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
            Did anyone but me happen to see "Lost City?" How many drones it took to destroy one Ha'tak. Yes, yes, those were Anubis' Ha'tak's, enhanced with Ancient knowledge, all those Ha'tak's were Anubis', the Jaffa got them from Ba'al, who served anubis. I just watched the episode "Camelot" again, and you're right, it took two burst from those canons to destroy a ha'tak, it took about 60 drones to destroy Anubis's motherships, 20 for his normal ha'tak's, I'm being conservative, it took a great many more to destroy Anubis' ship, the Asgard ship was hit what 4 times, I just watched this episode again as well.
            2? I only counted one burst.

Anyway, we know from "It's Good to be King" that it only takes 2 drones to blow up a Hatak if hit in the right place.

Comment

hmmm did you see that one episode where they got the time machine jumper? they used 2 drones n destroyed a hatak....the writers are so inconsistant
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

it was a lucky shot, I think they even said so in the episode.

Comment

Just because thats how many drones Jack used to destroy Anubis' fleet doesn't thats how many drones it would take...

Comment

I only read the first page so :-P I may have missed it if this was already said but:

The Wraith are going straight for Earth. So unless the Ori go straight to us in their campaign of total destruction, the Wraith won't have any problems. Also, remember that the Wraith have Ancient level HyperDrives now. They took the data from the Aurora mission reports.

Comment

Personally I don`t think the Wraith will even make it as far as the Milky Way. Both shows have far too much going on atm for them to be crossing over in such a manner.
                      The occasional visit is fine. But crossing the Wraith into the Milky Way would make them SG-1s problem aswell, whereas atm they are Atlantis' problem.
                      Having SG-1 worrying about Ori AND Wraith would just be too much and as we haven`t heard anything regarding crossovers in the first episode (unless I`ve missed a spoiler) then I don`t think they`d want to make a galaxy crossover just for the sake of it without including atleast one major character.
                      So my personal opinion is that they`ll never make it as far as the MW. Atlantis 1 will find a way to stop them before that.

Can anyone say McKay to the rescue...again?
                      Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                      Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                        too true indeed. Plus - 12 hives attacked the deady and it hung on for a good 5 mins or so. 12 hives against low powered asgard shields. Actual asgard shields are probably 20 times better than the deadys. Ori shields probably 20 times better than that. Do the math = 50 hives vs 4 ori ships, the wraith are toast
                        Actually it was more like less then two minutes against 3 hive ships and a few cruisers. Also the hive ships weren't using the big guns because they wanted to capture the Daedalus.

I'm not sure how you arrived at Ori shields being 400 times stronger then the Daedalus'. Do you have anything to back that up?

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        Maybe it is a giant heat sink? That could be the Ori's secret to powerful shield technology ie don't channel energy from enemy weapons into your own ships system (which is what every other race likes to do - including Earth) and instead send it back into space.

One on one the battle would go to the Ori but if the Wraith had a large enough numerical advantage then they would probably win.

I watched the Ori battle sequence again and I noticed that the Ori beams are extremely slow and they are also quite inaccurate. They missed a Hatak several times while it was less then 3 km away! The Wraith could just engage them at long range which would greatly reduce the effectivness of the Ori's beam.
                        "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

doesn't anyone notice that if the 2 hives are destroyed for w/e reason, that
                          our beloved McKay and Ronon are toast?

Comment

I suspect the Wraith have some weapon that is devistating to Ancient Warships. Hive ships don't seem to powerful. But what if there is some flaw in the tech used in ships like the Aurora and the Orion that the Wraith can exploit? Could Ori tech carry the same flaw?
                            sigpic
                            I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMarioMan
                              I suspect the Wraith have some weapon that is devistating to Ancient Warships. Hive ships don't seem to powerful. But what if there is some flaw in the tech used in ships like the Aurora and the Orion that the Wraith can exploit? Could Ori tech carry the same flaw?
                              It's possible that the writers of each show have different opinions of the power of Earth ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                                It's possible that the writers of each show have different opinions of the power of Earth ships.
                                true
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X