X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith would kick ori ass, they kicked ancients ass, they're unstoppable
    Blam Forums - The Internet Has Landed

Comment

Wow... people who actually think the Wraith are "teh pwnage".

Not even Asgard weapons could dent an Ori ship's shields. What makes you think Hives could? Sure they have a fast rate of fire, but did you watch the secondary Pulse Weapons of the Ori ships shoot? Those things have an even faster rate of fire.

Check out the room Vala was standing in. The furniture didn't even topple, meaning that despite being hit with fast-missiles, Asgard ion pulses, and Ha'Tak pulse weapons.... the Ori ship didn't even shake. Meaning those are some really strong shields. Remember in Siege 3, when about 10 Hives pounded Atlantis' cityshields, the city wasn't even shaking from the energy impacts. Sure the ZPM could only hold out for 3 days of constant bombardment. But thats just 1 half-full ZPM.

Im beginning to wonder if those Ori ships have shields that are as strong as that of Atlantis.

The Ori unlike the Ancients appear to use numbers. The Ancients seem to like using 1 ship at a time, while the Ori sent in 4 ships as a mere scouting party. They're religiously fanatical, very aggressive, and are packing heavy firepower. I'd hate to see a large fleet of Ori warships.
      Last edited by Peoples_General; 11 April 2006, 02:31 PM.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

To be completely honest I think they'll either get lost along the way or will starve to death because not many of the planets they stop at have humans on.

Wraith 1: I'm starving.
        Wraith 2: We're lost aren't we?
        Wraith 3: I told you to shut up, that's it we're going home...
        Wraith 1 + 2: Aww...

Comment

I think people are forgetting, or maybe you didn't notice, that the Ori have more than one weapon on their ships, those blue things that from a distance resemble drones, were able to penetrate that Ha'taks shield with no problem. My vote is for the Ori, even if the Wraith brouth their entire fleet, those four Ori ships would be able to destroy most of the Wraith Hive ships.

Comment

Seriously doubt they were drones, it took a number of them to destroy a Ha'tak and they were deflected by the Asgard ships shields.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

Not even Asgard weapons could dent an Ori ship's shields. What makes you think Hives could? Sure they have a fast rate of fire, but did you watch the secondary Pulse Weapons of the Ori ships shoot? Those things have an even faster rate of fire.

Check out the room Vala was standing in. The furniture didn't even topple, meaning that despite being hit with fast-missiles, Asgard ion pulses, and Ha'Tak pulse weapons.... the Ori ship didn't even shake. Meaning those are some really strong shields. Remember in Siege 3, when about 10 Hives pounded Atlantis' cityshields, the city wasn't even shaking from the energy impacts. Sure the ZPM could only hold out for 3 days of constant bombardment. But thats just 1 half-full ZPM.

Im beginning to wonder if those Ori ships have shields that are as strong as that of Atlantis.

The Ori unlike the Ancients appear to use numbers. The Ancients seem to like using 1 ship at a time, while the Ori sent in 4 ships as a mere scouting party. They're religiously fanatical, very aggressive, and are packing heavy firepower. I'd hate to see a large fleet of Ori warships.
              too true indeed. Plus - 12 hives attacked the deady and it hung on for a good 5 mins or so. 12 hives against low powered asgard shields. Actual asgard shields are probably 20 times better than the deadys. Ori shields probably 20 times better than that. Do the math = 50 hives vs 4 ori ships, the wraith are toast

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

It wasnt 12 Hives...was 10 cos 2 were nuked before they attack the Daedalus.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                  It wasnt 12 Hives...was 10 cos 2 were nuked before they attack the Daedalus.
                  i say 12 simply because thats how many hives there were when they actually encountered them. Plus, 10 - 12, whats the difference, still a lot of ships

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I think that all of you are forgetting that ships are only as powerful as the story says they are. If the writers decide that Wraith technology has some funky side-effect that lets it punch through Ori shields, then the Ori are not going to be having fun. Also, Daedalus, which can stand up to ten hiveships simultaneously in one episode, has trouble against two hiveships in another one because it was dramatically appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      I think people are forgetting, or maybe you didn't notice, that the Ori have more than one weapon on their ships, those blue things that from a distance resemble drones, were able to penetrate that Ha'taks shield with no problem. My vote is for the Ori, even if the Wraith brouth their entire fleet, those four Ori ships would be able to destroy most of the Wraith Hive ships.
                      dude are you blind? those where not drones...they were energy cannons...as you can see when the asgard ship past it was hit by them it did not go there the sheild! also did you see teilk's ship? it wad danmage not destroyed so it could not be a drone...
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones
                        too true indeed. Plus - 12 hives attacked the deady and it hung on for a good 5 mins or so. 12 hives against low powered asgard shields. Actual asgard shields are probably 20 times better than the deadys. Ori shields probably 20 times better than that. Do the math = 50 hives vs 4 ori ships, the wraith are toast
                        fianly someone wo agrees that 50 vs 4 is good odds...
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

hell yeah dude!

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

didnt you here them they said when the wraith where attacking that they only had about 3 hrs till the sheilds breach...also the ori dont got zpms and the ancent city is way bigger thena ori ship so maybe there is more sheild genorators? but any way vala did say the ori had 1 big weakness...i wonder wut it is...

dude the ori sheilds r good but i dont think they got zmps...+ they did say when the wraith were attacking that they only had 3hrs till sheild breach..aslo vala did say that the ori have a weakness i wonder wut that is...
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                              I think that all of you are forgetting that ships are only as powerful as the story says they are. If the writers decide that Wraith technology has some funky side-effect that lets it punch through Ori shields, then the Ori are not going to be having fun. Also, Daedalus, which can stand up to ten hiveships simultaneously in one episode, has trouble against two hiveships in another one because it was dramatically appropriate.
                              ya the writers need 2 be more consistant...but if i was a writer i would make me have a huge ship and a race called the federations..and mai ship is the size of a sun n blow all the ori up n i rule the universe! but that wont happen...only in mai dreams lolz
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Please stop saying "mai", its mad! The Ori are too good to be beaten by even 100 Hive Ships. They can fire a shot which can punch through a ship(w/ shields) every few seconds...the Wraith dont even have shields! Plus the Wraith like flying in formation so its possible to use the whole "two birds with one stone" situation here.

Comment

Working...
                                X