This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPMs or eyes?

As we know, a ZPM can output enourmous anmounts of energy. We also know that anubis used "eyes" such as the eye of Ra to power his ships weapons, and we also know that they were of ancient design.

So, heres the question:

WHat can output more energy, A ZPM or all 6 eyes?
    O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
    Baal: Impudence
    O'Neil:No, Tuna!

im guna go with ZPM, because of the fact that its atlantian design which beats most tech that the goauld have. Thing is the snakes stole tech of the ancients sooo , hmmm not sure. those eyes were indeed damn powerful.

my answer - *Shrugs* lol

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

i would say ZPMs
      Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

the eyes were not an anceint technology? they were a super weapon designed by the system lords, each got one of the control crystel so that it couldnt be used by just one of them, i assume they all got plans for it too just never had them put in to place because they wouldnt be able to use it. its wasnt alteran anceint it was just an anceint weapon - very old.
        so i would go for the ZPM because the eyes are not actually a power source the eyes are control crystels.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I would say a ZPM
          sigpic

Comment

i would have to say they are both very radically different technologies. The ZPM is an actual reactor providing power for systems including weapons for ancient ships (vast amount of energy), where as i believe that the eyes were used to channel or build up massive amounts of energy to a charge which could be released causing devastating effects. this would be backed up by the fact that the actual weapon seen on anubis' mothership wasnt 5 tiny eyes but rather a massive reactor. the eyes could have just stored a build up energy and released it when it got to a certain amount. thats why instead of seeing a directed energy beam or a pulse we saw lighting bolt's for example.

to answer the question i would have to say ZPMs because it is actually a power supply rather than just a channeling device

Comment

Ill have to agree, the eyes obviously werent a power source by themselves. You dont need to get 5 pieces of a ZPM to use it!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

zpms since they're geniuine alterran tech. the eyes are cheap knockoffs

Comment

I would say ZPMs, plain and simple. Though I dislike what the ZPM does.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

ZPM's anything that can destroy solar systems when detonated has gotta contain a lot of power and im not sure about whether the eyes provide power or not the fact that anubis seeks naquadriah when he loses the eyes suggest they provide the power for his weapon just my opinion
                    the very young do not always do as they are told...

you blow up one star and suddenly everyone expects you to be able to walk on water... next parting the red sea

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                      I would say ZPMs, plain and simple. Though I dislike what the ZPM does.
                      How do you dislike what it does?!! It produces power! Do you dislike powerstations here in RL too?

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                      Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                      the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                      Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

who doesnt? but i am intriged...is it the stealing of energy from anoter space time, the harmfully captivating glow, the sheer way they can trasform your entire outlook on the meaning of the word "power" or the simply all consuming lovelyness of their presense that you so hate, envy or dislike?
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

i would say ZPM

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

ZPM, no question about it.

Comment

I'd say ZPM. Just wanted to know what everybody thought.

I'd doubt an eye could power an ancient forcefield for 3333 years like the ZPM in atlantis did
                              O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
                              Baal: Impudence
                              O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Working...
                              X