Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes so could this culminate in those power being able to be a manifestation of your brain and body, the energy within your body transformed by your own mind, which is in turn becoming self supporting through these abilities, this energy is on a frequency or wavlength that takes another plane to support it?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Ok so it was discussed before my question was why they keep saying "higher" this implies that there is some sort of difference to them to make one better than the other.

If this has already been answered then I have another question; Can ascended beings reproduce on their plane of existance or is it impossible?
      Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 24 May 2006, 01:15 PM.

Comment

because if you say paralell in science to describe one more thing ill need a thesaurus...paralell universes, paralell dimentions, paralell planes...i like stargate they keep it nice and simple, P. universes, Alternate dimentions, higher plane, levels/layers of space( hyper, sub, space/time)..its easier this way, its only a name!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          because if you say paralell in science to describe one more thing ill need a thesaurus...paralell universes, paralell dimentions, paralell planes...i like stargate they keep it nice and simple, P. universes, Alternate dimentions, higher plane, levels/layers of space( hyper, sub, space/time)..its easier this way, its only a name!
          Yeah but it gets confusing after awhile and you end up presuming that those who "ascend" will always know things before you do. but when in reality you may be able to think of something before they even consider it.

Comment

well actually, they might be able to detect your thinking and then speak it faster than you can!
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
              Yeah but it gets confusing after awhile and you end up presuming that those who "ascend" will always know things before you do. but when in reality you may be able to think of something before they even consider it.
              Well, it's all an issue of how we think. We get used to thinking and doing a certain way. There's a pattern about our thinking... so eventually, no matter ho genius we may be, we'll hit a dead end and won't be able to think our way out of it. The solution may be very simple if we only thought radically...

... hence the concept of fresh blood.

Also... this is what we offer to the ancients/alliance of four races.

As Thor said.. it was your stupid idea.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                well actually, they might be able to detect your thinking and then speak it faster than you can!
                While that may be true it would be you who thought of it not the ascended being, he just said it.

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                Well, it's all an issue of how we think. We get used to thinking and doing a certain way. There's a pattern about our thinking... so eventually, no matter ho genius we may be, we'll hit a dead end and won't be able to think our way out of it. The solution may be very simple if we only thought radically...

... hence the concept of fresh blood.

Also... this is what we offer to the ancients/alliance of four races.

As Thor said.. it was your stupid idea.
                Yes our way of thinking is different than many of those who are ascended and several unacended races but I still think that we have more to offer than our different way of thinking. If that were the only thing they wanted then the Goa'uld would have been part of the alliance already.

Comment

Well....
                  We could offer them fighter technolog.... nope nevermind...
                  We coudl offer them hyperspac....err... nevermind... hrm...
                  .... There's always cake.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                    Well....
                    We could offer them fighter technolog.... nope nevermind...
                    We coudl offer them hyperspac....err... nevermind... hrm...
                    .... There's always cake.
                    The Ancients like our food and wine!! The Ancient in Sanctuary certainly did on her picnic with Sheppard...thats what we have to offer!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                    Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                    the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                    Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                      The Ancients like our food and wine!! The Ancient in Sanctuary certainly did on her picnic with Sheppard...thats what we have to offer!
                      Yeah I'm sure that the Asgard and Nox would both love the taste of Hamburgers.

But getting off what we could offer other than a point of view(I don't know what it is I just think that we do).

Do you think that it would help Earth more if we get the Asgard to teach us more math and physical theories rather than jsut getting them to give us some nice shiny shields, weapons, and hyperdrives?

Any anwsers or comments on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                        Do you think that it would help Earth more if we get the Asgard to teach us more math and physical theories rather than jsut getting them to give us some nice shiny shields, weapons, and hyperdrives?
                        absolutely
                        you gotta wonder what the hell it is they research there in atlantis
                        I mean it's been two years and we haven't caught even a glimpse of a scientific/technological advancement
                        plus if we get more involved with math and science we'll probably evolve into hok'taur faster

Comment

Why hasnt anything been done with the DNA reseqencer? That obviously has the power to turn the human race into competitors to the Ancients!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Why hasnt anything been done with the DNA reseqencer? That obviously has the power to turn the human race into competitors to the Ancients!
                            We haven't the slightest clue how to make a normal human into an advanced human. Even Nirti didn't and she had a whole lot more experience with it than we do.

Plus, changing our DNA structure just to fend off a threat is incredibly dangerous. not only do you have the trial and error that you need to go through to get it right but you also have to have some guideing principle so that you don't go mad with power and try to change everyone in the world or something similarly cliche.

We know too little about the tech to attempt anything with it. I just don't see how this is a safe path to walk down at any point.

Comment

But surely Anubis left some notes behind after creating Khalek.

Comment

But surely Anubis left some notes behind after creating Khalek.
                                But do you really want to chance creating a new Khalek? Besides this would be experimentation on humans and as far as I know that's still illegal on Earth in the SG universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X