This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TsukuYomi
    BSG uses bullets and has no shields. Why even start this thread?
    I dunno.

Why do people walk in front of busses?

Comment

10 battlestars vs 1 ori ship with no shield the battlestars might win

Comment

Originally posted by Ludofjn
        10 battlestars vs 1 ori ship with no shield the battlestars might win
        Six says, "God will protect us."
        And then something incredibly fortuitous happens that could be divine intervention but is probably just a coincidence.

Battlestar Galactica wins.

Comment

you know I am the biggest supporter of the Battlestars and the colonial fleeet (although dead now). I have even argued that I believe Battlestar Galactica would own the deadalus however.... i dont think a battlestar would last 1 death ray from an Ori ship

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            I dunno.

Why do people walk in front of busses?
            For one of the same reason they started this thread...To either
            A) Get attention.
            B) Commit suicide.
            C) To see what would happen.
            ...My money's on B... Equal chance in my opinion.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
              No chance for BSG, not if the Cylons send a whole stack of no. 6's to seduce the Ori.

that just might work...
              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

For now ignoring the issue of Colonial tech VS Ori tech, let's instead focus on what is probably a far more important deciding factor: the quality of a fleet's commander.

The Ori fleet, as we all know, is soon to be commanded by Vala's baby. Babies are not well known for their strategic acumen. In fact, their strategic acumen is generally on a level comparable to a wet kitten.

The Ragtag Fleet, on the other hand, is commanded by Admiral William Adama. Bill Adama is a strategic genius, but more important than even that are the following facts, taken from titans's 'Top 10 Random Bill Adama facts' thread over on the Battlestar Galactica board (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24396) (with all apologies to Chuck Norris).

---------------

10. Admiral Adama does not sleep...he waits.

9. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Admiral Adama.

8. Admiral Adama frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the tar out of little kids.

7. Admiral Adama's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

6. Superman owns a pair of Admiral Adama pajamas.

5. It was once believed that Admiral Adama actually lost a fight to a Cylon, but that is a lie, created by Admiral Adama himself to lure more Cylons to him. Cylons never were very smart.

4. Admiral Adama once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now just the Islands.

3. The chief export of Admiral Adama is pain.

2. If Admiral Adama is late, time better slow the hell down.

1. When Bill Adama was in the military acadamy, his instructor assigned an essay: "What is Courage?" Adama received an "A+" for writing only the words "Bill Adama" and promptly turning in the paper.

----------------

In light of this new information, I believe that I can conclusively say that Bill Adama by himself could defeat the Ori ships. It's a classic case of Baby VS Rhino. In the wild, Babies and Rhinos are natural enemies and fight until their last drop of blood. When Babies battle with Rhinos, everyone wins. When Bill Adama battles the Ori, Bill Adama wins.

I rest my case.

Comment

There is no question...
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

oh god, not the chuck norris crap, and BSG vs. whatever threads
                    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                      I think that the Cylons could beat the Ori, and I have several reasons:

1) The Ori, like the Replicators are machines that find their way around problems.
                      2) They could send a virus in the form of a transmission that could take the ship's systems out.
                      3) The Cylons reincarnate.
                      where should I begin?

1) The Ori are Ascended beings. Basically humans with vast knowledge and power(more than a match for the lowsy mechanical Cylons)
                      2) The only reason Cylons can hack into the rag tag fleets computers is because they were made by humans in the first place therefore are well versed in their systems. They weren't built by the Ori and have no clue how to interface with them transmission or no transmission.
                      3) They only reincarnate if the Cylons as a race still exist of you wipe out every single Cylon (or at least their construction facilities) they can't reincarnate. The Ori on the other hand don't have to reincarnate because the Cylons could never ever hurt them.

That is why I think that the Ori (and their warship) would decimate the entire BSG universe with time and energy to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                        I agree on that. The borg would try real hard but the Replicators would literally eat them for breakfast.
                        I agree in a quite literal sense as well. Both the Replicators and Borg have shielding fo individual shields protecting them from energy weapons but the Borg use only energy weapons therefore could not destroy even one spider type Replicator much less a human form. Once the Replicators get onto a Borg ship the entire collective is virtually doomed to become subserviant to the Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                          And a hot brunette Viper pilot named Shiva.
                          Sheba, actually

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                            oh god, not the chuck norris crap
                            Chuck Norris for the win!

Comment

It would be like trying to push someone over by blowing on them (without superpowers) and the other person has a nuke.
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X