Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear power plants are exactly what they say...power plants...ZPMs may last for millions of years but are ultimately jus batteries.

Not really. There's really no difference between a power plant and a battery. Both are simply converting potential energy into electricaly energy. In the case of a Nuclear plant they're using energy from radioactive elements to produce electricity. If they didn't supply new fuel, it would run out eventually just like a battery.

You could take a normal battery and if you constantly provided it with new chemicals it would run forever, just like a power plant.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaCelebration
      That's too bad, because why bother building something again if you can just recharge it. You would think the ancients would have at least thought of that. Then again, it would take massive amounts of power, like another ZPM, which kind of defeats the purpose.
      Because energy can not be created, it can only be converted from from to another. Matter is just energy.

Comment

please unspoil yr posts so that all of us can read and participate in this thread. thanks
        You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

That's too bad, because why bother building something again if you can just recharge it

Because somethings are easier to recreate than reuse. Paper for example. There's a huge recycling movement in the US, which is ignoring some simple facts. Recycling paper is an industrial process, it uses nasty chemicals to deink paper, shred it, and reassemble it into new paper. Also needs lots of electricity which usually means burning fossil fuels. Making paper from trees is far more efficient, and despite wild claims about deforestation, humans are kinda smart creatures. We use trees to make paper, so we GROW trees to make paper, same way we grow fruit to make jams and jellies.

Long story short, it would probably be a pain to recharge a ZPM versus making a new one.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Anyways I just wanted to know why with "all the knowledge" of the Ancients in the Atlantis database why they dont know where the ZPMs come from.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
            X