This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoples_General
    The Korelev's first outting is against the Ori fleet. Im sure the Odyssey, and the Daedalous would get obliterated as well if their first action was against the Ori.

Please don't get into any retarded/racist nation bashing, its stupid.

I hope that we see more Earth ships being built by the US, Russia, China, and other nations.
    Lets hope the chinese don't go using it against Tiawan or the US then.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
      Lets hope the chinese don't go using it against Tiawan or the US then.

OMG...

I've spent the past 15mins writing, then editing, then deleting and writing something else to come up with a rebuttle against this most ludicrus statement.

But alas, why bother opening up his eyes. The attempt will be about as useful as when Cam, Landry, and co. were trying to tell the truth about the Ori to "cancer-man Prior".

CHINAAAAA!!!!
      Last edited by Peoples_General; 16 February 2006, 04:45 AM.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

OMG...

I've spent the past 15mins writing, then editing, then deleting and writing something else to come up with a rebuttle against this most ludicrus statement.

But alas, why bother opening up his eyes. The attempt will be about as useful as when Cam, Landry, and co. were trying to tell the truth about the Ori to "cancer-man Prior".

CHINAAAAA!!!!
        What's ludicrus about that then? The only thing that's keeping China in check for the moment it their technological inferiority of NATO and Russia.

Roll your eyes all you want but you might wanna open them before hand.....

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
          I thought the Russians stole the Antartica gate when it was sunk into the ocean.

When Anubis's weapon destroyed the Giza gate, SGC had to "borrow" the gate they got.
          No you are mistaken. See first they had the Giza stargate witch they beamed up aboard Thor's ship. They used it to dial out. The ship crashed in the ocean. Hammond ordered to unseal the Beta stargate (the one from Antartica) SG.1 was stuck for a time on a planet. I remember Gen Hammond giving O'Neill the order to take a shower. The Giza gate ended up in Russian hands. In Redemption part 2 the Antartica , Beta gate was destroyed by Anubis
          Lord Zedd

Comment

I just hope the Russians have the sense to put some actual weapons on theirs as opposed to the American approach of pretty lights intended to warm alien hearts with the magic of laughter.

Comment

Well the russians have some amazing missile systems, much better then their western counterparts. SAM-systems, extreme range air-to-air missiles, Shipwreck...

EDIT: So while these wouldn't be that good in space it shows that the Russians defense industry have the capability and knowledge to develop superior missile systems.

Comment

What's ludicrus about that then? The only thing that's keeping China in check for the moment it their technological inferiority of NATO and Russia.

Roll your eyes all you want but you might wanna open them before hand.....
                Whats ludicrus is that a person like you sucks up the sabre-rattling of some politicians namely Bush and Blair. Try to learn and understand something own your own before you start believing what they say. If you don't believe what Im gonna write here... time to head over the library as well as for you to start Googling.

China will only attack if the retarded Green Party in Taiwan declares for independence and thats something no one wants to happen. US has even stated that if war breaks out between the two Chinas and it was Taiwan that instigated it, there will be no military support for Taiwan. Again the threat of war itself is nothing but a tool to keep the status quo. Much like the whole "nuclear deterence" policy of many countries with nukes keeps them from being attacked by another nation.

Anyhow, it's an internal matter for China (both PRC and ROC) much like the American Civil War was for the US. But this something highly unlikely to happen as China has other tactics such as becoming far wealthier than Taiwan, that war is something that would be devastating to both their economies.

China is not the Soviet Union, China is not the US, and throughout their history the Chinese have generally kept to themselves. Most wars they conducted were internal for political power purposes or defensive against invading "barbarians" as well as fighting back and taking over the invader's land. Thats how China gained places like Xinjiang, Tibet, and Manchuria because in the past people from those regions invaded China only to be pushed back and have the favor returned to them. Not saying that the people from these regions are "barbarians" but they have been regarded as that in Chinese history. It's still something we ourselves do today in the West.

Even if China becomes a democracy, it will end up as being something different the same way communism was transformed. They like to take the parts of a concept thats most useful for their own purposes. If you look at China today their quite capitalistic in their marketing activities, yet authoritarian in their governance. IMO, the communist party which practices capitalism.... is nothing more than a party version of what would have been an imperial dynasty. However, this rise in weath, a growing middle class, and etc. will only create the general desire of all Chinese to have their say in how things are run or they can just join the party and become the ones actually running the country. The way I see it, much like other Asian countries they became authoritarian first then democratized later on after the authoritarian government has built up the economy. My own homeland the Philippines, took the opposite route... and well... go and compare it to others like China, S.Korea, Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia. Who is better off?

Another helpful way to learn and understand China aside from going there and experiencing it yourself, is to read up on things like Confucianism, Legalism, Buddhism, and IMO the biggest influence in Chinese philosophy especially in mordern China... Sun Tzu: Bing Fa (The Art of War).

End of understanding the Chinese mindset and history.

---------------

Another thing you should keep in mind that this is the STARGATE universe we're talking about. So keep the real-world politics out of this "BC-303 built by other countries" discussion as the ships don't even exist in real life. PLEASE, go back on topic!
                Last edited by Peoples_General; 16 February 2006, 10:33 PM.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                  I can't help but feel offended by this. Know the facts before you post.
                  yes i do
                  by corpsion in ther on goverment, the only one wit the rael mony ar the russian elite
                  a middel class russian man/womon will agree wit that.
                  Last edited by kefke20; 17 February 2006, 11:56 AM.
                  sorry cant spell

Comment

and i have the out most respect for the russian war machien
                    if there ware no a-boms and the cold war became hot we wil be defetet

to date the russian warships admiraal nachimov, admiraal lazarev and 2 oter of the kirivo clas are the most powerfull ships on the sea
                    1 ship of this class can thak on a us carriar groep by him self
                    sorry cant spell

Comment

I bet it's the next ship to get blown up, if there is one thing consistent in the Stargate universe Russian things either fall apart (the mini submarine,despite it being swiss built!), or the soldiers get killed in a far greater number compared to any U.S forces like SG1 around.
                      Russian people or property is like the red jumper of Stargate.
                      Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20
                        and i have the out most respect for the russian war machien
                        if there ware no a-boms and the cold war became hot we wil be defetet

to date the russian warships admiraal nachimov, admiraal lazarev and 2 oter of the kirivo clas are the most powerfull ships on the sea
                        1 ship of this class can thak on a us carriar groep by him self
                        Oh do behave, it would be raped by a barrage of missiles from over the horizon. Modern naval warfare comes down to how far you can project force, with a US carrier group that's limited to the range of it's aircraft and the range of it's radar on the Hawkeyes. How's a Kirov battle group gonna match that? The Soviet counter to US carrier groups was always the Backfires, in typical Russian fashion they countered something a different way (airforce vs naval force instead of naval force vs naval force) and did it much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyStargateUK
                          I bet it's the next ship to get blown up, if there is one thing consistent in the Stargate universe Russian things either fall apart (the mini submarine,despite it being swiss built!), or the soldiers get killed in a far greater number compared to any U.S forces like SG1 around.
                          Russian people or property is like the red jumper of Stargate.
                          Yup lol if they ain't american in shows like stargate expect them to foul up in some way and have to be rescued by their more competant american collegues or they just get wasted.

And yes the new russian ship get's blown to bits in it's first outing.

Comment

Oh do behave, it would be raped by a barrage of missiles from over the horizon. Modern naval warfare comes down to how far you can project force, with a US carrier group that's limited to the range of it's aircraft and the range of it's radar on the Hawkeyes. How's a Kirov battle group gonna match that? The Soviet counter to US carrier groups was always the Backfires, in typical Russian fashion they countered something a different way (airforce vs naval force instead of naval force vs naval force) and did it much cheaper.
                            The russian strategy would've been to launch a massive amount of shipwreck missiles. These puppies are extremely good at their job, which is 'hinted' by their name.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              The russian strategy would've been to launch a massive amount of shipwreck missiles. These puppies are extremely good at their job, which is 'hinted' by their name.
                              You can't shoot at what you can't see and a US carrier group will see any other battle group 1st because of the hawkeye sentry aircraft. Americans never feared Soviet naval battle groups but they sure as hell feared the Backfires, they had the ability to get in close launch their massive barrage of missiles then get out again at over Mach 2.

I've seen one of these beauties up close and they are mighty impressive, it's almost the size of a passenger plane

The Americans hated this plane so much they wanted it's reduction under the SALT negotiations where they tried to argue that it was an intercontinental bomber.

Comment

Holy Hell, you people are pathetic, how did this get from a talk of the new Russian ship, to who would win in a war againts the nations on our world. Has it occured to you that the nations on our world might finally be setting their petty differences aside and are going to fight the real threat, ya know, the Ori, maybe youve heard of them, they are the big bad guys the come from space, not on our own world. Rest assured, there are still some things that are unsettled between the nations of Earth, but come on, think a bit, we are talking about the stargate universe, not the real world, the things that are being brought up are relivent for our world, but this is a forum for stargate, not international polotics, so maybe we can get back to the russian ship and other nations ships, what they will look like and how effective they will be with the enemies elswhere in the galaxy. thats what i want to be discussing in a forum for SG1 and SGA

Comment

Working...
                                X