This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainpash
    Korelev is probably the name of the first astronut that went to space for the russians, but he didn't make it back alive.*

*opps soviet conspiracy theroy.

Here's all i could find in World Book:

During the 1930's, rocket research advanced in Germany, the Soviet Union, and the United States. Hermann Oberth led a small group of German engineers and scientists that experimented with rockets. Leading Soviet rocket scientists included Fridrikh A. Tsander and Sergei P. Korolev. Goddard remained the most prominent rocket researcher in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
      imo it'll survive and be salvaged by the US and used under name kratos
      funny

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
        imo it'll survive and be salvaged by the US and used under name kratos
        Very Funny

Comment

So this ship is a year away from completion without a name? I can't remember... was this the only thing they wanted?

I can only imagine the kind of stink China will let loose when they find out about the Russians making this deal. We might be getting an episode next season where we have to rush to make sure China doesn't blab the Stargate secret to the general public.

Comment

kratos = protaganist from ps2 game god of war

Comment

The Russians rush the next BC304 out of the production line, in part to be an ally for the 'Crusade' pt2. The ship is renamed 'Korolev', in honor of a former Soviet scientist. It is one part of a trade with the US, for the US to maintain control of the stargate.

Ironically, the US has over 40 spare Stargates, courtesy of Ba'al (last episode). Wonder why they negotiated with the Russians, at all?

SPOILER (invisotext):

The ship is ill-prepared, and is destroyed by the ORI toilet seat battlecruiser. Our favourite Russian, gets flushed. And the chinese are, well , we don't know.

END SPOILER

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by Antimatter Sam
                Still think Gagarin is a better name, stupid script writers.
                That name has been used extensively elsewhere in Star Trek (3 ships have carried the name), so they went back to one of the fathers of Soviet Rocket Science.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

I don't think that the Russians are actually going to get their hands on an actual BC-304, just the plans, i think the ship that we will see in Camelot will be a BC-303 that the Russians got their hands on earlier in the series, back when the original gate treaty was signed. Any thoughts?

Comment

Nope it says that they were getting the actual ship. They relise their mistake from last time they did a deal, even with the plans they do not have materials to create a ship, basically the anmericans con them last time they were not about to let them do that again, so this time they wanted a ship and nothingless. I think that the ship is complete ship, because I believe Daniel said the next one would not be ready for a year. As for the ship being a bc304 or BC303, I the personally think they need to make up their minds, when I first heard bc304 thought they already building vessel which a different design, but then daniel said the bc304 would not be of the production line until next year.

Comment

I think the BC-303 is a prometheus class ship, and a BC-304 is a Daedulus class ship. And when did they actually say they were getting an actual ship, all i remember them saying was they got the BC-304, which could imply plans.

Comment

Originally posted by riddermark
                        I think the BC-303 is a prometheus class ship, and a BC-304 is a Daedulus class ship. And when did they actually say they were getting an actual ship, all i remember them saying was they got the BC-304, which could imply plans.
                        Oh s***, not this again!

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie
                          That name has been used extensively elsewhere in Star Trek (3 ships have carried the name), so they went back to one of the fathers of Soviet Rocket Science.
                          Please give episodes, cuz a search of startrek.com turned up absolutely nothing. Gagarin is a better name, I believe they used that name in StarLancer IIRC.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

not helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by riddermark
                              They got the ship. There is no way around it, they have already shot the ep. where they use it. It's over all we can do is sit back and let the Ori destroy it.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Like someone said. its NOT the F-304. Its actually the new designation for Daedalus class ships.
                                Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Working...
                                X