Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Earth could build ZPMs and ancient weapons?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
    I think the matter about being the 'Fifth Race' has more to do with a races maturity then technological capabilities. Anyway I think it would suck if Earth could build Ancient tech when Earth couldnt replicate or reverse engineer Tollan ion cannon technology which was so far ahead of Earth science that it was impossible to build. But anyway......
    i totaly agree mate, it would be fare to boring if we could build there tech, and Atlantis would be untoachable.
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

What if Earth could build ZPMs and ancient weapons?
      rofl...that's one big "if"...humans can't even handle most goauld tech, let alone ancient tech. also as said above it would be a major screw-up storywise anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron View Post
        No, not against the Ori. And the ancient did that, but still the Wraith managed to get them to leave that galaxy.
        The Ancients are peaceful, like the Nox and Asgard, thats why the Wraith kicked their butt, as the Ancients do not have the military minds like us for fighting as they were the most powerful race in the galaxy they did not have any enemies until the Wraith came, and they we totally unperpared for it.
        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

also they always say the goauld are scavengers we want to build our own not steal other peoples just use their ideas to extend our knowledge
          sigpic

Plz give me rep

Comment

Hm... let me think here...

If we could build ZPMs, it would greatly depend on how they were used and whether or not their construction was cost-effective. If it were reasonably so, here's one possibility:

-Use them as an alternate power source for certain facilities. Use money saved on power/fuel bills to fund further research and give troops better equipment.
            --Buy out some power companies and replace with ZPMs. Install research facilities; hire back as many of the original employees as possible. (I realize that they wouldn't be qualified to do a lot of the geekier stuff, but it's not like there aren't a lot of other things that don't exactly require PhDs.)

The plusses from the power bills saved would continue. For example:
            -ZPM powered schools could have more money for better education. If this money was actually put into science and math education (as opposed to sports), you'd have better-educated scientists in the future to continue future research and development.
            -Better education all around: military, science, history, language, politics, medicine... all very helpful.

Of course, these may be more cost-prohibitive than I realize; I'm not exactly an economist. And it would depend on a lot of factors - how easy they are to produce, and whether the people producing them are more interested in the wellfare of mankind or in the girth of their bankrolls.

I could probably go farther with this, but I have a bit of a bug right now, and so can't think particularly clearly at the moment.
            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
            X