This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOKI LOKI
    Ive been giving some thought as to why the shields failed so spectacularly against the satellite and i think it was a design flaw due to a lack of forward thinking. When we look at most of the energy based weapons used in the MW galaxy and in pegasus we can see they are pulse based. That is to say the energy is fired in pulses and not a continuous beam (orange gould, blue wraith and asgard etc..) the asgard may well have noticed this and had the shields designred for this type of weapon so they can dissipate the energy in pulses across the shield very quickly meaning less damage. the dwell time of the energy on the shields is very low and there are also small periods of time between the blasts for the shield to reform itself. However with the ethon weapon satellite it was a continuous beam giving no time for reformation of the shield (ive only seen the episode once but im sure the shield holds for a fraction of a second or so before the beam goes through like it does when pulses hit it). this type of weapon wasnt forseen by the asgard and so the shield doesnt counter it. If this is the case then there may not be too much problem modifying the shield to resist the weapon next time

oh and carter was having a bad day in this episode
    1) she seems shocked that someone punched through asgard shields HELLO what did she think happened to thors ship when anubis took him prisoner he lowered them and beamed over to anubis ship for a commando raid?
    2) She thinks the fact that the weapon takes time to build energy in capacitors makes it primitive. Dime Bar! the ancient satellite weapon does this and hell its still a better damn weapon than the stupid rail guns grrrr!!!
    Thats an interesting theory. Shields are drained by weapons and need time to recharge back to full strength. If in fact that is what writers were up to then I would take back [some] of the words I said eariler about the episode.
    sigpic

Comment

if the asgard were firing on it the satelite would've been ownd immediately

Comment

Working...
      X