Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, let's assume that the Wraith dont understand Ancient technology. But surely after a MILLION years, the Wraith would be able to advance THEIR OWN technology to the point of travelling to other galaxies.

After all they've already exausted the resources of Pegasus. It would be in the collective interest of all the wraith to work together and research new technologies.
    ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by section31
      Wait a minute...the wraith has been in Pegasus for millions and millions of year and managed to defeat the Ancients. You're telling me that in that time the wraith have never captured Ancient ships and instalations?

Surely after several million years I would imagine that the Wraith would have been able to reverse engineer the ancient hyperdrive technology and other technologies.
      Where did you get the idea that the Wraith had millions of years? 10,000 years perhaps... but no more. It was around 8,000 BC that Atlantis was abandoned, and the war finally lost. The war itself had only lasted for 100 years, and the Ancients took steps to keep the Wraith from discovering any of their REALLY cool toys. For instance, the Atlantean warships had only regular hyperdrives, not the Intergalactic hyperdrives. The only vessel the Wraith might have retro-engineered to get its Intergalactic hyperdrive was the city of Atlantis itself, which they couldn't get to, because it had been sunk beneath the waves, and was shielded as well. In any case, they weren't looking for an Intergalactic hyperdrive because they didn't know that humans existed outside their own galaxy. Therefore they felt there was no reason to study hyperdrive technology capable of getting to other galaxies.

Originally posted by npattis
      Quite a good idea indeed. Though I see two problems with it, the first being already mentioned, the Wraith. The second would be the Milkyway outpost was on a far distant MW planet that needed the Stargate. And if we setup relays in the MW, we'd have to worry beings here taking advantage of it.
      Actually, the transmitter range is suffecient enough to simply build a relay well outside the galaxy, so that no one could mess with it. Virtually no race in the galaxy except the Asgard and Earth have intergalactic hyperdrives, so it would be well outside everyone elses range to get to. (And that is assuming they even know about it in the first place.) Also, the only reason they used that particular planet (which did have a stargate) was because it was an emergency and they don't actually have a Com-relay setup as yet.

Originally posted by beale947
      The wraith may discover the tranmissions and track them to the relay, and then the wraith destroy the Relay. They could use an Ancient Point defense sattlite as a relay, because it can defend itself.
      If you had read my earlier post, you'd know that it would take hundreds of years for them to reach any relay outside the Pegasus galaxy. The Wraith don't have the necessary intergalactic hyperdrive to reach those Com-relays.
      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

The Wraith don't have the necessary intergalactic hyperdrive to reach those Com-relays.

They don't have them yet. Besides, the Wraith seem to think LONG term. Didn't Tayla say hundreds of years pass between 'real' cullings like is happening now, instead of the periodic fear inspiring visits?
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Ok, let's assume that the Wraith dont understand Ancient technology. But surely after a MILLION years, the Wraith would be able to advance THEIR OWN technology to the point of travelling to other galaxies.

After all they've already exausted the resources of Pegasus. It would be in the collective interest of all the wraith to work together and research new technologies.
          The wraith never had to advance their tech. But there would be some technological advancements, so it strange they haven't any new stuff (what we know of).

Comment

The wraith never had to advance their tech. But there would be some technological advancements, so it strange they haven't any new stuff (what we know of).

Comment

You also forget that two things also slowed the Wraiths progress in technological development. One being that they are more focused on feeding and as such rarely produce scientists until needed. And second...being that they are in hibernation about half the time so difficult to think up new technologies when you are sleeping. And the Keepers dont count because their job is to make sure the Hives arnt disturbed.

Its a good idea though i can see some problems with it which could cause more problems for the SGC. Primarily being that their enemies finding the relay. The Goa'uld have set their sights on Atlantis and we now have the Ori to contend with and they really shouldnt know about Atlantis otherwise well....two galaxies under siege.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
              X