Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must admit the lack of tech progress over such long periods among the various races has always been curious to me as well. Especially when you take account of people from earth like the tollans who advanced reletively quickley in such a sort space of time to surpass the goauld who took them.

So for the ancients to use the same PJ as they did millions of years previous seems unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      Unless they were disguised as ancient Egyptians, and totally avoided SG-1 when they traveled back in time TWICE, I'd say you're wrong.
      Well of course they would have to be disguised and do what the people did in those days, but they don't have to avoid SG-1. They don't need to tell SG-1 that they're the Ancients.

Originally posted by Gate Master
      Must admit the lack of tech progress over such long periods among the various races has always been curious to me as well. Especially when you take account of people from earth like the tollans who advanced reletively quickley in such a sort space of time to surpass the goauld who took them.

So for the ancients to use the same PJ as they did millions of years previous seems unlikely
      The Tollans are advanced because they didn't have the dark ages like what happened on Earth. The Ancients didn't just have Puddle Jumpers, they had warships as well.
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker

The Tollans are advanced because they didn't have the dark ages like what happened on Earth. The Ancients didn't just have Puddle Jumpers, they had warships as well.
        Thats true but they were human and after a few million years you would thing the PJ would be more antiquated to them than horse and cart is to us.
        I can understand why the tollan surpassed us but the goauld who abducted them? The goauld were using the same ships when humans on earth thought the world was flat that they are today.
        The asgard appear to be using the same beaming tech that they were 5000years ago and even the same flagship till the replicators destroyed it.

Comment

Speaking of less powerful how come the one woman that was found buried in the ice was supposed to be on the path to ascention and taking account of the time scales involved had she not being fronzen would have ascended millions of years before the others, yet the ancients on atlantis were still researching it.
          She was left at the Ancient Outpost when the Atlantean Ancients left (meybe because of the plague), but what happened to her between the time she was left at the Outpost (from Lost City and Rising) to the time she became frozen. That is information we do not have, but we do know they have long lifespans and she could have lived a life much like the chich from Epiphany.

It's possible she could have gotten to the point where she was near ascension, but she can't self-heal either.

Rather, I ask this:
          (1) What happened between Rising and Frozen within her life?
          (2) What prevented her from ascending? Was it because she becme frozen? Or because she had the plague? Was she prevented from ascending?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            She was left at the Ancient Outpost when the Atlantean Ancients left (meybe because of the plague), but what happened to her between the time she was left at the Outpost (from Lost City and Rising) to the time she became frozen. That is information we do not have, but we do know they have long lifespans and she could have lived a life much like the chich from Epiphany.

It's possible she could have gotten to the point where she was near ascension, but she can't self-heal either.

Rather, I ask this:
            (1) What happened between Rising and Frozen within her life?
            (2) What prevented her from ascending? Was it because she becme frozen? Or because she had the plague? Was she prevented from ascending?

Mattathias
            From what we've learned from Atlantis tho the life spans of those not on the path to ascention seem to be close to ours with out tech aid so what ever happened to her must have happened relatively quickely.

Comment

Thats true but they were human and after a few million years you would thing the PJ would be more antiquated to them than horse and cart is to us.
              I can understand why the tollan surpassed us but the goauld who abducted them? The goauld were using the same ships when humans on earth thought the world was flat that they are today.
              The asgard appear to be using the same beaming tech that they were 5000years ago and even the same flagship till the replicators destroyed it.
              I guess they advanced when there was a need to advance.

Comment

Does any one know what actual differences there are between ancients not on the path to ascention and regular humans apart from the gene and altered brain waves? Were they more intelligent or is that again another ascention ability cause Jonas appeared to be more advanced than regular Humans. Before Atlantas I always assumed that they got various abilities along the evolutionary process, where now it appears they were like us unless on the path to ascention.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                  I guess they advanced when there was a need to advance.
                  Its possible although humans in particular dont usually wait for a reason to advance but I see where your coming from if it aint broke dont fix it sort of thing.
                  It could also be that tech at that level is far more difficult to advance than at our level.

Comment

Its possible although humans in particular dont usually wait for a reason to advance but I see where your coming from if it aint broke dont fix it sort of thing.
                    It could also be that tech at that level is far more difficult to advance than at our level.
                    Yeah, why advance when the technology you have now is the most powerful in the galaxy?

Comment

The Atlantis survivors popped out into an already Goa'uld dominated Earth, in small numbers, and appear to have lived out the rest of their days as mortals

Ra discovered Earth 5,000 years ago, the Atlanteans supposedly left Pegasus and came to Earth 10,000 years ago. Merlin came back with the group from Atlantis. When was the time of King Arthur? I bought Daniel saying that perhaps they shared the story with early man in Greece, but they seemed to have hung around for a long time if they made it all the way to King Arthur's age, since they don't think it was an ascended being Merlin.

Before Atlantas I always assumed that they got various abilities along the evolutionary process, where now it appears they were like us unless on the path to ascention.

That's what I thought too. That it was part of the more advanced physiology that they had which allowed them things like healing. Also one might wonder why, if they knew about ascension millions of years ago, they would have even fought the war with the Wraith. To go through such a long war to protect the human cultures you seeded, then to ascend and simply (with a few exceptions) stop caring is odd in my opinion. I'll get back to you once I've ascended.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                        Ra discovered Earth 5,000 years ago, the Atlanteans supposedly left Pegasus and came to Earth 10,000 years ago.
                        Ra found earth 10,000 years ago, according to the Movie. He was still there until about 5000 years ago, when the uprising occured and he left.

I for one, am a strong believer that the Ancients had something to do with getting Ra to leave and not blow up Earth as he left. Maybe confronted him in orbit right before he was about to fire upon the world of slaves that revolted against him.

Steve

Comment

A couple of things I'll bring up from through out the thread

A) perhaps the plague was decimating the ancients so badly that they simply regressed somewhat, much like what you might expect to see in the case of a nuclear war or asteroid impact type of situation. It could also be due to losing some of that technology after being seperated. When it looked hopeless, some of the few ancients who were plague free set out for another galaxy. They couldn't safely stay in our galaxy since the gate network meant the plague could travel quickly and could reach them whereever they went (if they had a gate). So they went to a new galaxy and built a new gate network there and started over to wait for the plague in the MW to die out. If they knew about the plan to clean things up, that may have given them further reason to leave, to avoid being killed and to give life time to rebuild. They may not even have been sure the planets would be liveable afterwards. After they left, those left behind built the Dakarran device to stop the plague, though it likely would wipe out the other humanoid life in the galaxy as well, so those activating it knew they would not survive.

B) anyone else think that maybe the Asgard are ultimately descended from the Ancients? As in either they were a part of the Ancient civilization that DID regress, either from another ship that left in the same way as Atlantis did or even another Alteran ship that settled in a different galaxy. Either way, something happened to cause them to lose most or all of their technology such that 30,000 years ago they had only a very rudimentary, slow hyperdrive such that they had to use sleeper ships to cross the gulf between galaxies, implying that it would take years if not decades or centuries.

Comment

oki this is what i remember of what happened to the ancients , they lived in the milky way galaxy first , then they probably expanded to pegasus galaxy and other "galaxies" like pegasus and the one where the orai are living now , they then at one time moved atlantis the home base to pegasus at one time for a reason we dont know yet, then after some time they found out about the wraith and started battling them , after not being able to hold up against the wraith they decided to abandon atlantis and move back to milky way galaxy , and then they get that virus thing wich was killing alot of people , and then they found the way to accend over the next hundred years.... a few ancients stayed behind in the pegasus galaxy to protect some planets , while most of the ancients moved back to the milky way galaxy.....

since the mikly way galaxy has the largest amount of ancients , it is stronger then the pegasus and probably the small group called the orai , that need people to pray to them so that they can become stronger then the milky way galaxy ancients....

Comment

Morphi, they shared a galaxy with the Ori before coming the Milky Way to escape them.

Ra found earth 10,000 years ago, according to the Movie

You're right, I had the time he found it confused with the time of the revolt.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

btw what the hell does "on the path to ascention" mean? How do you difirentiate between your garden variety ancient and the one on the "path"? Furthermore, how do you get to go on the path? Is it like some weird level up thing:

"Yes, I'm lvl 20 ancient-I can ascend now!"

your thoughts?
                                Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                                +
                                Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Working...
                                X