Goa'uld vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Destroyer View Post
    I'm not convinced that the Goa'uld would be able to take a Wraith as a host. For one the Gould cant take all types of creatures as hosts(proven by the episode "Deadman Switch" where an entire civilization was wiped out because they could not be taken as hosts). They might just not be compatible. Also Baal said that it was difficult to control a mind as powerful as Adria's. And the Wraith have different psychic abilities than Adria does and they are an entirely different type of species. Just because the Gould may be able to take control of Adria that doesn't mean they can take over a wraith mind especially one as powerful as a Queen's. As shown in Spoils of War even when their bodies are taken over they can still create manifestations of themselves in the minds of those controlling them and constantly fight for control of the body. But anyway, how would a Gould even get an opportunity to take over a Wraith Queen? And if he did how could he do it without any other wraith seeing it?
    1. Wraith DNA isnt too far away from human. In one episode a gould took over some creature wich would be much further from human DNA.
    2. Diffucult but he did it.
    3. The gould take some lower officers then they move on up of course they could still just let their troops onboard then take the ship. after they took over some of them.

Comment

I think physically the Goa'uld could probably assume control of any species they want, it's just whether they can maintain complete control over the host that matters to them.

There are two possible reasons I see why a species may not be usable as a host.

1. The host mind could be too powerful. (Ba'al may have been lying about Adria being hard to control, but when Anubis captured Thor he could have implanted him with a symbiote to gain the knowledge. He probably didn't as an Asgard would be too powerful to control.)

2. The host body is damaging to the symbiote. (Aris Boch's species may have naturally had something in their body that harmed or even killed the implanted symbiotes.)
      Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

well, i think the battle would be pretty much a stand of, but anubis (or even baal) is more ruthless then the wraith, he would just start wiping out the foodsource (in the pegasus galaxy, as he is surely able to deffend his planets in milkyway, if they would come here) and if anubis would have been on atlantis (or in pegasus in general) he would have been able to use more of his ascended knowledge (as he could have gained it from the city and the ancient outposts, stations and ships around in pegasus galaxy and would be therefore allowed to use it), this would make his hatak (which surely could take on a normal hive in single combat and even if not, if the wraith have say 200 hives around the galaxy (mckay once say they had around 50 per quadrant) and anubis has what? about 400 hatak? (it is an estimate as you have to subtract the fleet needed to control his terretory from the ships he actively used) and that would make the wraith outnumbered for starters, even more, someone said the goa'uld wouldn't help each other and/or trust each other...do you think the wraith factions trust each other? no, they do infight even more then the goa'uld and there are more of them (more factions) then systemlords and none of that factions could take on a single systemlord! even todds famous alliance (which seems really a big faction) does not stand a chance and they would also have to use some of their ships to hunt (food is needed in war, too, even more so) and control their terretories (there might be some space capable races in pegasus, other then the travellers that need to be confinced that the wraith are still a major player (might lead to a uprising otherwise, which would divide they wraith forces even more))

conclusion: it might be a hard fight, but in the end the wraith would loose, even more so as their tech is inferior to anubis (his hatak have beam tech, he could have cloaks installed in them (in one episode of SG-1...the one with the big minefield...there was a cloakable hatak featured, so that is possible), make their weapons better and such)) and he is much more ruthless then them (he might even take the dakara weapon to pegasus, place it on a planet with a stargate (one he brought, so that the wraith don't know it), place it their, dial the pegasus gates by remote and activate the weapon (either using a cypher that kills the wraith themselves or their ships (without them they would be royaly screwed) or even better: Kill their foodsource - after he has left the galaxy of course (waiting outside in the void between it and milkyway) in order not to harm his jaffa and/or super soldiers (as that would endanger his powerbase!)

greetings LAX
        ps: for anubis/baal

Comment

Nice job but i dont know about the wraith factions infighting more than gould bu tif you kill off more of the food source it would get worse so maybe

Comment

Everytime this scenario comes up it's never clairified under what circumstances the war started and what galaxy they're fighting in leading differant people to start with differant assumptions to make their conclusions.

In reality these two could never fight because neither of them has the tech to cross the intergalactic void between them. You need to decide then who suddenly gets it via magic of thread and then it's basically that party that ends up with the early advantage.

If the Goa'uld get to go to Pegasus then they can try to chip away at the Wraith without fear of their bases being attacked until the Wraith somehow discover a way to get whatever drive tech they did to get there, and also discover whee they came from in the first place. If on the other hand the Goa'uld are all just sitting around and the entire unified Wraith civilization just rolls in on them in one mega fleet of doom, now with new intergalactic class drives, any system lord in their path is going to just get utterly crushed while all the others all thank their lucky stars it's not them and try their best to fortify their own territory.

Comment

<snipped by Moderator> If you are talking about a war before the Atlantis expedition came, the wraith would have hundreds of hive ships that are dormant. They also can grow ships. THEY CAN GROW A ****ING SHIP!!! that means that they can plant hundreds of them on various worlds and cultivate them as needed. However, having shields is a disadvantage, there energy weapons will rape any kind of shield. The daedalus (pre Asgard beaming weapons) was only able to DISABLE a hive ship by launching 52 nukes and using up almost all of its ammunition. Granted, there shields weren't operating at a hundred present but it goes to show how powerful the wraith really are. Plus, as seen in Spoils of War, the wraith can grow troops with enough energy and if they could get their hungry little hands on enough naquadah from maybe four motherships, they could manufacture troops. Also the hive ships can regenerate and would <snipped by Moderator> the gould. also if they they used the culling beams on the darts, they could just pick up the gould soldiers or just deploy troops. overall, the wraith would kill the gould. plus the gould have no tactics and are too arrogant to try anything new.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 July 2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ekajjake07 View Post
                <snipped by Moderator> If you are talking about a war before the Atlantis expedition came, the wraith would have hundreds of hive ships that are dormant. They also can grow ships. THEY CAN GROW A ****ING SHIP!!! that means that they can plant hundreds of them on various worlds and cultivate them as needed. However, having shields is a disadvantage, there energy weapons will rape any kind of shield. The daedalus (pre Asgard beaming weapons) was only able to DISABLE a hive ship by launching 52 nukes and using up almost all of its ammunition. Granted, there shields weren't operating at a hundred present but it goes to show how powerful the wraith really are. Plus, as seen in Spoils of War, the wraith can grow troops with enough energy and if they could get their hungry little hands on enough naquadah from maybe four motherships, they could manufacture troops. Also the hive ships can regenerate and would <snipped by Moderator> the gould. also if they they used the culling beams on the darts, they could just pick up the gould soldiers or just deploy troops. overall, the wraith would kill the gould. plus the gould have no tactics and are too arrogant to try anything new.
                ummmmmmm the first time we see the deady in SGA is ep 1 of season 2 and they already have asgard beaming tech cuz thats how they get sheppard out of the jumper b4 the gennai nuke detonates and how they destroy another 2 hives.

unless of course you are talking about the Plasma BEAM(not beaming) weapons in that case yes it did take us a bit to kill a hive but if you recall the goa'uld had an unknown number of motherships, alkesh and gliders that they could call in if needed
                sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

It's pretty simple to me in this sitatution if the wraith had the numbers of ships and soldiers that were used to fight the ancients they would win, if they sent their current numbers in SGA then they would lose against the bulk of the System lords forces
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The real question is

Todd vs Ba'al who would win?
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Ba'al, he's got more power than Todd

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                        Ba'al, he's got more power than Todd
                        I really wish I could debate you but both of them are so cunning and intelligent with the tech that they have that this would be a hard fight to determine who would win in it

The way I see both of them think outside of the box so I guess who ever thinks more outside of the box wins

and my money is on Ba'al but Todd is damn smart wraith
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

gould? which one of these people do you mean, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gould_%28name%29
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

i think the wraith would win... all they need is a sufficient power supply and they could clone troops by the millions (as they did the ancients) and upgrade their ships (superhive)

though the goa'uld seem to have superior tech and matched numbers, they would eventually be overwhelmed by the wraith's seemingly infinite numbers (just as they did the ancients ) ***BTW the ancients DID attack and WERE aggressive ... .. thats how the wraith got their power source to clone in the first place. they didnt just sit and let the wraith beat them. the ancients were just over confident *** ...... but back to the point

i also think that there are hive-building facilities. if u r cloning millions of troops, u must have ships to put them in

if the goa'uld were still around, the tau'ri would be able to defeat the with ease .. and right now the wraith are giving us a fight .. soooo....

i think the wraith would defeat the goa'uld in an all out war .... but thats just my opinion
                            Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X