This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
    Do you remember back in the days when Daniel barely knew how to use a handgun?
    I remember the days when Daniel, still really pathetic with a gun, used TWO pistols to John Woo some Jaffa. When can we get McKay doing that?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Well it looks like they have changed there weapons now. On Sg1 tonight Cameron Mitchel is carrying a CA36 and T'leac is carrying dual MP7s

Comment

If they're going to switch to the G36, then they might as well go to the XM8. It's actually designed for American use, and it's basically a G36 with as much metal replaced with composite as possible. Oh, and they match or exceed the P90 in coolness, but they're a bit bigger.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I think the XM-8 program was cancelled.....

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
            I think the XM-8 program was cancelled.....
            WHAT!? That gun absolutely looked awesome
            I thought the program had been finalised and they were mass-producing the things?
            Ah, Frak.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

According to Wikipedia the entire M8 program has been cancelled. However other parts of the OICW program (XM25 and XM29) appear to still be in development. Still I would have thought the team would start using the F2000 or even the FN SCAR which is currently issued to U.S. Special Forces. Also the MP-7 seems to be getting popular recently. Its made appearances in games like Half-life 2 and Rainbow Six not to mention the movie Stealth (yes, Stealth).

Comment

And Battlefield2 Special forces.
                I think That Stargate took a looked at battlefeild 2 Special forces and said "Holy mcfuggles, how outdated are we!"
                Actually, I really like how Staragate uses The P-90, I didn't even know it existed until Stargate.

Now my friends just glare at me every time it's mentioned.
                And despite how idiotic this may seem, my friend always uses the P-90 (very unrealisitic though) on Counter Strike.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

from world.guns.ru

XM8 status update (September 2005): Following several complains about non-competitive procurement of the XM8 system from Heckler-Koch USA, US Army first opened the bidding for contract to other companies, and then, in the July 2005, suddenly suspended the entire OICW Increment 1 program to re-think the entire set of requirements for the possible replacement of current M16 rifles and M4 carbines. These requirements will be re-viewed as Joint Services effort. At the present time, it seems that development of HK XM8 is suspended; it may be resumed if XM8 suit the new US Joint Service Requirements for a new assault rifle system; or, it may not. We will watch this process closely and update this article when new information will be available.

Comment

those look like the g36 family of weapons... except teal'c... his might be a MP7.

Comment

the p90 is a capable weapon witha 50 round mag that holds armour peircing rounds. It is of bullpup design so it can have a longer barrel in a body shorter than the mp5. this gives greater accuracy whilst being smaller and lighter.

The unique grip design means that you can hold it either way and fire, the rounds eject downwards, being able to change sides to shoot from it a very handy feature when fighting in CQB, something the SA80(Cadet GP version also) could have done with when i was in the cadets and training for CQB in gibralta. whilst the m4 carbine is a fine weapon its bigger and louder, for spec ops that not what u want all the time, it is used when u have teams covering the gate, the gate room guards and most other sg teams as it has a serious amount of firepower, i've had the pleasure of firing it with live rounds on the range along with the sa80, the m4 gets the nod. its light and accurate and powerful, just doesnt look half as cool as the p90
                      Good Evening, Good Nite, GOOD BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                        I remember the days when Daniel, still really pathetic with a gun, used TWO pistols to John Woo some Jaffa. When can we get McKay doing that?

I loved that scene!!! Daneil dualied those Jaffa Mofos!!!

Comment

OMG OMG OMG I just found a P90 in Ghost in the Shell. It was bigger though.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

wow. In three pages, NO ONE has mentioned that the P-90 is (besides all the other correct facts about the gun) also one of the most ergonomically designed personal weapons. It can be used equally well by Right or Left handed people. It can also be used in either a one or two handed configuration, as we've seen Teal'c do. (Teal'c with a P-90 in each hand going all commando on the bad guys... )

Pretty much everything else has been covered about it already.

Oh... and it REALLY is a VERY cool looking gun...!
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I think that the personal defense weapon concept is a good idea for a team that's primary mission is EXPLOREING. Think of it this way: all the off screen boring exploration missions that the team goes on in between the exciting stuff we see each week. They aren't organized for combat, but to make contact, and conduct initial manned exploration missions.

Thus, a compact weapon that is decent enough against the Jaffa hordes, and fairly light and follows the PDW concept.

Comment

The MP5's (that's the gun they used in the beginning, right?) were a bit too big and heavy. I think they switched to the P90's to make it easier for the actors.
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X