Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just use your mouse to highlight the white box below 'SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):' and the text should show up.

Comment

McKay said the Daedalus is the sister ship of the Promethius.
      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
        just use your mouse to highlight the white box below 'SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):' and the text should show up.
        I don't have a mouse. I have MSNTV, aka WEBTV. If I click on the quote button it will let me read it sometimes in the response box. But it didn't this time and I want to know what you put. PM me or something.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Here is my 2 cents on this matter.

First, I know that the "X-303" is an experimental aircraft (because of the X).

Second, in Enemy Mine, the Prometheus aka X-303 was changed to the BC-303.

Third, I am well aware that the Daedelus has a different design structure than the BC-303... This includes an entire fighter bay, it's more sleek, and it also has a station for the Asgard, Hermiod, which the BC-303 does not.

This means I take it that the Daedelus is a different type of ship, and NOT a BC-303.

So what is the Daedelus and subsequent vessels of the same design?
          What's with the "02" part of this discussion?

How would this effect the Orion?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            Here is my 2 cents on this matter.

First, I know that the "X-303" is an experimental aircraft (because of the X).

Second, in Enemy Mine, the Prometheus aka X-303 was changed to the BC-303.

Third, I am well aware that the Daedelus has a different design structure than the BC-303... This includes an entire fighter bay, it's more sleek, and it also has a station for the Asgard, Hermiod, which the BC-303 does not.

This means I take it that the Daedelus is a different type of ship, and NOT a BC-303.

So what is the Daedelus and subsequent vessels of the same design?

How would this effect the Orion?

Mattathias

the Orion is not an Earthship, there was alot of debate about this, but the PTB didn't make any comments, the episode aired in canada Monday...

Comment

Well the consensus is (despite the discension over whether it's a BC-303 or not) is that the 02 refers to the ships serial number. So Prommie is 01, and Odyssey is 03. This is separate from the design number so it shouldn't change unless the mission changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
                the Orion is not an Earthship, there was alot of debate about this, but the PTB didn't make any comments, the episode aired in canada Monday...
                Yes, I found that part out after that post I made... although classification of the Orion is still a question I have. How would you classify it?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                  Well the consensus is (despite the discension over whether it's a BC-303 or not) is that the 02 refers to the ships serial number. So Prommie is 01, and Odyssey is 03. This is separate from the design number so it shouldn't change unless the mission changes.
                  I understand.

I watched Redemption this morning...

In that episode, in order for us to get their Stargate, we had to (quoting Gen. Hammond) give them:
                  - "Good 'ole American Dollars, Major"
                  - "the plans for the X-302 & X-303."
                  - "let one of their officers join SG-1."

So, infact, the Russains have had the plans for the Prometheus for quite some time now.

If the Kor-whatever is a Russain vessel, it would look like the Prometheus, but obviously a little different.

Mattathias

Comment

Yes, I found that part out after that post I made... although classification of the Orion is still a question I have. How would you classify it?

Mattathias
                    Spoiler Alert!!!-
                    Spoiler:
                    The Orion is a Warship of the Ancients, of the same type and class as the Aurora. It was damaged, but the Atlantis team was able to repair it. However, it belongs to the former inhabitants of Taranis, and not Earth. They agreed to allow us to use it, in exchange for help from Atlantis.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

knowing them they'll keep it

Comment

Working...
                      X