This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
    It would not be done probably for the same reason they don't make tanks out of diamond.
    Probably should point out here that diamond would be horrible for armor. Yeah, it's hard but it's also quite brittle. Any significant impact would shatter it. The depleted uranium composite armor used by the Abrams tanks works quite well though.

Comment

The hive ships are organic so a kull-warrior armor is not likely. And from what i got from the last episode
      Spoiler:
      the wraith can not make adjustments or upgrades to hive ships (they need to grow a new one)

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
        The hive ships are organic so a kull-warrior armor is not likely. And from what i got from the last episode
        Spoiler:
        the wraith can not make adjustments or upgrades to hive ships (they need to grow a new one)

You have no evidence that the Wraith grow their ships, or that they are organic in nature. For all you know its an architectural/art style utillised as more of a terror aspect than anything else. State your evidence before stating it as fact. Untill Joe M. says it or its a direct qoute from the show I won't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
          You have no evidence that the Wraith grow their ships, or that they are organic in nature. For all you know its an architectural/art style utillised as more of a terror aspect than anything else. State your evidence before stating it as fact. Untill Joe M. says it or its a direct qoute from the show I won't believe it.
          in 220 is statet by mckay thad wiart ships are organic in nature
          sorry cant spell

Comment

I have a feeling that the kull armor is already diamond. Anybody who has seen Fullmetal Alchemist episodes with Greed (so just me), knows that he turns his skin into a black diamond or carbon nanotube material. I'd bet that the kull armor is the same, but with some heat dissipating improvements, to deal with energy weapons.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

If Wraith Hive Ships have energy absorbing properties than how come one got taken out so easily by a laser satelite powered by a Naquada generator. And its true that they dont have shields either and these are the guys who stopped an ancient expedition in its tracks which is quite mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
                If Wraith Hive Ships have energy absorbing properties than how come one got taken out so easily by a laser satelite powered by a Naquada generator. And its true that they dont have shields either and these are the guys who stopped an ancient expedition in its tracks which is quite mysterious.
                Hull could still be energy absorbing but the ancient built the weapon to counter the absorbing poperties.

Comment

Originally posted by RoMUS
                  Kull warrios have been hit by P90's.m16's,heavy machine guns,C4,shields,staff weapons,zats and rockets and nothin has penetrated there armor
                  A trinium tipped dart perforated the Kull's suit in the soft section (of the torso I think).

When you look at the effects of the dissipation of energy due to the impact of energy weapons, the wave of energy spreads over the softest parts of the suit, even if the point of impact is located on the plate.

It seems that some sort of field is created around the suit.

A very thin, solid and pointy projectile, like a trinum tipped dart for example, can succeed where even armor piercing bullets fail.

In terms of DET and even advanced forms of destruction (zat guns), the kull armor has absolutely nothing to fear for.

Obviously, a ship protected by such a plating, plus shields, would be a weapon of terror.
                  In fact, it could spare energy by not having shield, and use that energy for weapons, FTL, sensors and other systems.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                  X