No announcement yet.

Sheilds on the Daedalus and Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could be some sort of power related issue.

Daed is way bigger then prom.
    DanielJ is way bigger/advanced then the original asgard ships

Would be logical to assume there are 2 different types of shieldgenerators wich would mean there were 2 different powerrequirements. Quite possible, it isnt possible to make a smaller version of the new shieldgenerator, just because of its energy consumption.

Its like fitting a nuclear reactor in a tin can, it aint possible. Would explain the different colors.
    42'nd Street - Points of view

"Looking forward to season 38 of sg1"

Comment

Originally posted by Stampie
      c
      Its like fitting a nuclear reactor in a tin can, it aint possible. Would explain the different colors.
      illogical, not impossible. You could prob put a nuclear reactor in a tin can, but it would produce hardly any electricity

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        well that dont make sense as the prommie woz upgraded with newer shields
        It was upgraded. They didn't replace the shield with a new one.

Comment

maybe they have different sheilds
          jaw dropping since 1996

Comment

Originally posted by uss apollo View Post
            maybe they have different sheilds
            well, obviously Welcome to gateworld, i suppose, since it's your first post

I think i'll have to concur with one of the previous posters, Prommy had an old asgard shield or something goa'uld based, which was slaped on as a last minute add, while the 304s, which have more intergrated tech, have the latest asgard shields, for maximum protection and comfort

color is probably a side effect of them working on different frequencys, which could be a sign of how much power is going in - more juice, higher frequency.
            Last edited by tjoflojt; 12 July 2009, 08:01 AM.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

wasn't the Prometheus constructed (retro-fitted) from the ship in 'Nightwalkers' and a Al'Kesh?

Comment

eum... no?
                it was 100% man-made, in Area 51.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  I think i'll have to concur with one of the previous posters, Prommy had an old asgard shield or something goa'uld based, which was slaped on as a last minute add, while the 304s, which have more intergrated tech, have the latest asgard shields, for maximus protection and comfort

color is probably a side effect of them working on different frequencys, which could be a sign of how much power is going in - more juice, higher frequency.

I agree. The change in tech. between the 303 and the 304 is a major thing.
                  Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Was the Prommie not a crazy mixture of Asgard and Goa'uld tech with something human tossed in, and the 304's are basically Asgard tech (shields, weapons, hyperdrive).

Or perhaps it's to show shield strengh to the viewers. Asgard, Ori and 304 are sort of bluey white and are super strong. Goa'uld and Prommie shields are sort of orangey and aren't that strong in comparison.

Comment

is there any evidence to show that shield color represents the shield strength? because Atlantis has orange tinted shields and it is quite possible the strongest shield we've seen so far...

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
                        i think they change colour depending what hits it and the force behind it and the strain the shield has on it after an impact
                        Incorrect ancient shields were a reddish colur (on there warships) and they were facing off with wraith ships

It is the peoples favourite colur lol i liked the red colur more

Comment

Shield color is most likely just for looks, asgards are blue-ish, ori are white, ancient ships are usualy orange, like the gould ones, but atlantis ranges from white-ish to blue, puddle jumpers are blue-ish too, IIRC.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                            is there any evidence to show that shield color represents the shield strength? because Atlantis has orange tinted shields and it is quite possible the strongest shield we've seen so far...
                            No there is no evidence I was just tossing some suggestions out

Originally posted by oniel193 View Post
                            It is the peoples favourite colur lol i liked the red colur more
                            I prefer blue like the 304/Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                            X