This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
    The stargate disassembles you when you go through and there is a wormhole present. The only difference is that with an incoming wormhole the gate doesn't transmit you.
    Source please

Comment

Have to agree with Col. Newman I highly doubt it would disassemble you. More likely you suffer the same fate as those that step in to the kawoosh of a worm hole only there entire body is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Siler View Post
        What I'm curious about is what would happen if you tried to walk through an incoming wormhole, since matter can only travel 1 way. I guess you would just like, pass through it?

why dont you check out this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35997

it talks about that question.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
          Source please
          Well it's well known cannon that with an outgoing wormhole you get disassembled and transmitted safely through the wormhole as energy and reassembled by the other gate. Now wormholes are proven to be two way by the fact that radio waves can pass through them from either side. So when you step into an incoming wormhole you either:
          A) Get disassembled by the gate but not transmitted.
          or
          B) Get ripped to shreds because you stepped into a wormhole unprotected.
          Originally posted by Craig Charles
          "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Well it's well known cannon that with an outgoing wormhole you get disassembled and transmitted safely through the wormhole as energy and reassembled by the other gate. Now wormholes are proven to be two way by the fact that radio waves can pass through them from either side. So when you step into an incoming wormhole you either:
            A) Get disassembled by the gate but not transmitted.
            or
            B) Get ripped to shreds because you stepped into a wormhole unprotected.
            or the gate doesn't let you step through it or you just end up behind the gate or etc. etc.

Comment

or the gate doesn't let you step through it or you just end up behind the gate or etc. etc.
              what you mean when you step through it from the front to the back on an incoming wormhole?

if so? then you will be disintegrated which means you will die, your molecules will be no longer.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!:!.1.1.1:1.!:.:1:!.

oh and your right, its not disassemble, you just get disintegrated.
              "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Disassemble - to take apart
                Disintegrate - brake down
                Same thing
                "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

disintegrated often means molecule level dissassembly. wheras dissasemble is rather in rough parts

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    disintegrated often means molecule level dissassembly. wheras dissasemble is rather in rough parts

So true =)

good work dude lol

K_ot_W
                    ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

FTR the gate doesn't send matter into the wormhole, it converts matter to energy and then the other gate converts it back.

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                      what you mean when you step through it from the front to the back on an incoming wormhole?
                      I mean you just end up behind it. However in an SG-1 ep O'Neill did come though a worm hole and then stick his hand back in to keep it open. But that was probably just and over cite on the writers part.

Comment

FTR the gate doesn't send matter into the wormhole, it converts matter to energy and then the other gate converts it back.

I mean you just end up behind it. However in an SG-1 ep O'Neill did come though a worm hole and then stick his hand back in to keep it open. But that was probably just and over cite on the writers part.

OK, if you're saying gates only convert matter into energy, where does the wormhole part come into it? LOL! either you forgot to mention that bit or there is a serious flaw in your theory...=S

A stargate does convert an object/body into energy and then transports it into the wormhole, which then sends you to the other stargate which re-molecularises you, as we all know. =)

But umm also, if you stepped through an open stargate of an incoming wormhole, you would NOT end up on the other side. It would still convert you into energy (as stargates are programmed to do) but the program to send you across the wormhole is not active as wormholes are only one way! if the stargate were to have turned off when jack had his hand in it (not that it could've but IF it did, his hand would have simply vanished from his arm, leaving a cauterised wound, and the hand would not been seen falling to the ground as it was energy at the time....

hope that makes sense to you =D

K_ot_W

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
                          OK, if you're saying gates only convert matter into energy, where does the wormhole part come into it? LOL! either you forgot to mention that bit or there is a serious flaw in your theory...=S

A stargate does convert an object/body into energy and then transports it into the wormhole, which then sends you to the other stargate which re-molecularises you, as we all know.=)
                          A DUH, I figured everyone already new that... Also it was kinda of implied in my statement anyways.

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
                          But umm also, if you stepped through an open stargate of an incoming wormhole, you would NOT end up on the other side. It would still convert you into energy (as stargates are programmed to do) but the program to send you across the wormhole is not active as wormholes are only one way! if the stargate were to have turned off when jack had his hand in it (not that it could've but IF it did, his hand would have simply vanished from his arm, leaving a cauterised wound, and the hand would not been seen falling to the ground as it was energy at the time....

hope that makes sense to you =D

K_ot_W
                          You are stating opinion as fact, where is your evidence?

Comment

well theres that episode where a guy runs into an incoming wormhole, the fact Sam has metioned it several times, the fact various other characters have mentioned it...

Comment

well theres that episode where a guy runs into an incoming wormhole, the fact Sam has metioned it several times, the fact various other characters have mentioned it...
                              I don't remember them ever saying or showing what would happen.

Comment

Why thank you Guest750 =D

you actually helped to prove my point, now i don't need to write it all out!

@ Col. Newman, the guy who runs through the incoming wormhole does NOT appear on the other side, proving my point!

K_ot_W

on another note, can you please explain to me in what way, IF ANY, is America UNITED? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X