Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think they would hit it and bounce backinto the event horizon and die.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

yeh they would probably just die

Comment

they should do these things in an episode just to satisfy our cruiosities

Comment

OK the Iris works by not allowing energy to reintergrate, or in the case of matter not allowing it to reform thus being destroyed. The expansion of the wornhole doesn't happen because the energy cannot form.

Ok with the event horrizon. The gate registers denisity, molecular formular and force excerted to determin whether an object is moving into the stargate, thus how you could have a finger in the stargate. It has not dematierialized because the stargate hasn't registered it as moving.

In the case of the wire, you would materialise as you travel through the wire, becomming a jig saw.

Comment

here's a question for you, why dont the windows in the control room get blown out? mad question i know but it makes sense, the kawoose destroys everything it comes into contact with, including the atmosphear inside the gate room, thus creating negative airpresure btween the gateroom and the control room, so wouldn't the windows blow out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonzest
              here's a question for you, why dont the windows in the control room get blown out? mad question i know but it makes sense, the kawoose destroys everything it comes into contact with, including the atmosphear inside the gate room, thus creating negative airpresure btween the gateroom and the control room, so wouldn't the windows blow out?
              The gate room has ventilation shafts running from the main ventilation chamber, when the pressure decreases more air is sucked into teh gate room, thus equalising the pressure.

Comment

why do you hear a sound of somthing hitting the iris if nothing materiallises??????????????????????????????????????
                <<<cyber killer>>>

Comment

there is a vent (the one used to lift out the gate) that leads to the surface of the base
                  <<<cyber killer>>>

Comment

and there isnt much air that is being destroyed it wouldnt make that much of a vacume.

Comment

Originally posted by mathew8009bf54270f
                      why do you hear a sound of somthing hitting the iris if nothing materiallises??????????????????????????????????????
                      It sends vibrations through the iris.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

As the gate is formed air particles are displaced, destroyed etc which causes fluxuations in the enviroment causing vibrations. Thus noise.

Comment

Originally posted by mathew8009bf54270f
                          in the begining we didnt hear anything hit the iris just a little beep on the computer. but when things enter, im guessing atoms rematierialize but not enough to be much of a threat. and we hear things hiting the iris at high velocities because things enter and exit at the same speed

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            Awh, there goes thoughts about icky special effects.

I know how you feel. I had always wondered or maybe hoped that there were huge puddles of goo. Just makes for good times.

Comment

hmmmm puddles of goo of purayed jaffa
                              SAVE SG-1
                              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

yum ...???

Comment

Working...
                                X