Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell me why are black circles around the active eventhorizont in Season 9? I have seen it first in Prototype, but this hasn't been in earlier seasons, if I know well.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Maybe this has been addressed, but...

Is it just me, or the the mechanics of the iris make no sense? It's inside the gate itself, yet "folds" in such a way that you can't see it when it's not activated. That alone doesn't make sense.

But then it goes from not being able to see it, to being able to cover the same wormhole. Again, no sense.

But then, the ENTIRE IRIS is only a few microns away from the wormhole. So close, that it's impossible for matter to intergrate. At all.

How in the world is it possible to physically design something with these properties?

Comment

mechanics of the iris make no sense
        Another thing we ignore inorder to enjoy stargate.

Comment

I have a question and it bears asking. Didn't know whether this belonged in Science and Tech or in General Discussion.

If the Antarctic Stargate wasn't buried, then why wasn't it working? Theoretically, wouldn't someone dialling Earth be taken to Antarctica instead of Egypt while the Egyptian gate was buried? And wouldn't the Antarctic gate still be the dominant gate since it was still active? It had a working DHD and everything. And as it was the original stargate, wouldn't it have precedence over Ra's?
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            I have a question and it bears asking. Didn't know whether this belonged in Science and Tech or in General Discussion.

If the Antarctic Stargate wasn't buried, then why wasn't it working? Theoretically, wouldn't someone dialling Earth be taken to Antarctica instead of Egypt while the Egyptian gate was buried? And wouldn't the Antarctic gate still be the dominant gate since it was still active? It had a working DHD and everything. And as it was the original stargate, wouldn't it have precedence over Ra's?
            It is possible that Goa'uld could have gated to earth and got trapped in the ice or drowned. It is also possible that they would have been unable to get to the DHD and wouldnt be able to gate home. The thing is if that had happened there would be bodies in the ice.
            It is possible that Ra's gate had precedence because it had the least wormhole resistance... Or it could be because Ra' used the gate often...
            Daniel - ...come on Teal'c's like the deepest person I know, come on Teal'c, tell 'em how deep you are, you'll be lucky if you even understand this
            Teal'c(pauses, raises eyebrow) - My depth is immaterial to this conversation
            Daniel - Ooooooh, see that

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
              Can you tell me why are black circles around the active eventhorizont in Season 9? I have seen it first in Prototype, but this hasn't been in earlier seasons, if I know well.
              That was just a shadow actually. I checked it.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

sorry if this has been asked but isnt keeping parts of your body in the gate while it is active and not going through it very dangerous? Say you put your finger into the event horizon, wouldnt your blood will flow into the finger which is dematierialized? and eventually you will lose a lot of blood? or at minute 37 you jump through and all the blood will be at your finger and it would blow up?
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                  sorry if this has been asked but isnt keeping parts of your body in the gate while it is active and not going through it very dangerous? Say you put your finger into the event horizon, wouldnt your blood will flow into the finger which is dematierialized? and eventually you will lose a lot of blood? or at minute 37 you jump through and all the blood will be at your finger and it would blow up?
                  Someone who finally makes me think... I dunno.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                  Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                  the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                  Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                  The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                    The gate must have an interactive buffer, allowing stuff to enter and exit. It has already been stated that the gate doesnt send information until the entire object has entered, this is how tealc managed to get trapped in a receiving buffer.

Comment

kind of defies what we know of an event horizon, because isnt it supposed to be the point of no return? but that maybe just only apply to black holes

Comment

Getting off of that note for a second.

Do you guys think it is possible to build a permanent 2-way stargate using two wormholes(one in-coming one out-going) to enact a sort of "two lane highway" system?

Comment

regarding the back of the stargate, watch "Stargate: Secrets Revealed" and Amanda Tapping part abot the back of the gate

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                            regarding the back of the stargate, watch "Stargate: Secrets Revealed" and Amanda Tapping part abot the back of the gate
                            Where do I find that? Is it on the DVD's or is it a show on television?

Comment

is that the one coming up before the season 10 premire?

Comment

I guess I have a question. What if there's an 'irregular' iris, like part of the wormhole was covered, or some kind of bar situated at neck level. Or maybe something like a chain link fence. And what would happen if someone came through that? Become a human jigsaw puzzle?
                                This is my signature. If you like it, good. If you don't, I don't care.
                                "The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn

Comment

Working...
                                X