This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
    I totally came on to this thread about to say, "No, they're Dell Inspiron 8600s, just like I'm using now!"
    i was gonna do the same thing.....
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      It just sounds like a giant railgun.
      thats what i was gonna say

anyway, the problem with the nukes at the minute is that they are too slow and can be intercepted by darts. The railguins have more than enough force to destroy darts, but as far as we can see, do very little to enemy cap ship hulls, why not just fire a nuke at a few kms/sec, it would do alot more damage (for energy needed) than a railgun takin up an entire ship!

Comment

Like I said, send a stearable torpedo with a nuke on it. Just set up some sorta proximity trigger and the least you'll do is take out enough darts to clear a path for another nuke.
        Last edited by Laros; 12 January 2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laros
          Like I said, send a stearable torpedo with a nuke on it. Just set up some sorta proximity trigger and the leasy you'll do is take out enough darts to clear a path for another nuke.
          i think that a fighter deploying a mine field, or a proximity mine before entering combat would do the job much better, the only problem is if the darts dont hit the mine and the daedalus is forced to go through it.

Comment

Well yes I am aware that a MAC is a giant rail gun which is my point. Since a nuke is too slow to hit without being intercepted and a standard rail gun does little damage to a hive ship, a MAC might do better. It will deliver enough force to do significant damage to a HIve ship, while at the same time the projectile can't be inercepted sucessfully by darts-it will just keep on going. I don't think that the power requirements are impossible for the SG universe as they seem to be able to generate improbable amounts of power from those Mk II NAquadah GEnerators.

Of course I don't see y they can't just beam a nuke in the middle of a dart swarm and take them all out at the same time, but I guess that would be too easy.
            Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
            +
            Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
              i was gonna do the same thing.....
              Great geeks think alike, I guess!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
              ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Working...
              X