Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tollan rubbed me the wrong way, kindof like the Tokra. I admit, it would be fun to be the ones to save them from some new enemy, like a Prior? The Tollan would be the VERY LAST to ever submit to the Orii, and the Orii would not appreciate it. But to bring them back for this purpose only would seem, well lame.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
      The Tollan rubbed me the wrong way, kindof like the Tokra. I admit, it would be fun to be the ones to save them from some new enemy, like a Prior? The Tollan would be the VERY LAST to ever submit to the Orii, and the Orii would not appreciate it. But to bring them back for this purpose only would seem, well lame.
      lame?! their technology is very strong! maybe not weapons....
      but medicine and stuff!!
      if they change the "no shering weapons" rule they can be great allies!

Comment

Seems to me that the Tollan only really concentrated on advancing their infrastructure instead of industry.

I'll give an example. There are thousands of computer programmers out there doing wonderful things with computers. Databases seem to be a big thing these days but in the real world, does a database really have any influence over the shuttle?

No. You see we're in a similar situation ourselves. Many of our tech pro's concentrate on the IT field developing new software and applications and yet the industrial side of technology is starting to slow down and get forgotten about (Hence the reason that Japan/China are taking the lead with development).

Seems to me that the Tollan were more interested in building their impressive little gizmo's and gadgets that advancing their space exploration abilities.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
          Seems to me that the Tollan only really concentrated on advancing their infrastructure instead of industry.

I'll give an example. There are thousands of computer programmers out there doing wonderful things with computers. Databases seem to be a big thing these days but in the real world, does a database really have any influence over the shuttle?

No. You see we're in a similar situation ourselves. Many of our tech pro's concentrate on the IT field developing new software and applications and yet the industrial side of technology is starting to slow down and get forgotten about (Hence the reason that Japan/China are taking the lead with development).

Seems to me that the Tollan were more interested in building their impressive little gizmo's and gadgets that advancing their space exploration abilities.

-Turboz
          you are definitly right abouth the last paragraph...the tollan should have built speace shipd and get better at space exploration...

Comment

How do we know that the tollans are really all dead. They might have manage to fight off the gould, but their gate and city were destroyed so they need time to rebuild before they can contact us again.

Comment

Yeah i like to believe theres some left alive, seems silly to presume they all died even if the writers say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                Well technically the Tolaln claim to be more advanced than us was false. They were more advanced technologically. We were more advanced than them in several fields- Politics, strategic thinking and common sense among the list of many.

I can't seem to agree that by being conniving, paranoid, and constantly being at war with other nations makes us more advanced.

Comment

If you look at the negatives in every quality you can make anyone bad. When used for good our supperior abilities in those fields can be much more useful than a few Ion Cannons. Thats the moral of what happened to the Tollans anyway.
                  Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                  +
                  Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

The tollans lost as like the plannet with that massive minefield they only had one defence against their enemies and were not working on newer weapons to replace the ion cannon, so the gou'ald simply over came the ion cannon and they were screwd. where as here as soon as somethings built some one tries to build either a better version or something better. As for being at war helping us it simply that war forces people to think outside the box in order to fight and accedents are more expceptable allowing greater risks, from the internet for communication to the space shutles for stealing russian stalites most tech that comes in originally was pionered by the military.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                    O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Even if the Tollan had survived the 1st strike, there'd be more to keep on going 'til they were all eradicated. Now, some of them might have escaped to another world, yes, but the Tollan as people were destroyed that day.

Comment

That mothership was Anubis'.

It took the Drones to take it out.

Tollan Ion Cannon < Drones.

Comment

Working...
                        X