This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevos
    They had some ships as they used them to get from their old home world to their new one. They said there wasn't a stargate on their new homeworld.
    Yes, but didn't one of the Tollans send SGC a message and said something about there ships attacking Tanith's ship and failed? Been a long time since I've seen that episode.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
      Yes, but didn't one of the Tollans send SGC a message and said something about there ships attacking Tanith's ship and failed? Been a long time since I've seen that episode.
      i believe it was ships trying to leave the planet during an evacuation but being shot down and they couldn't leave through the stargate because it had been destroyed

sigpic

Comment

prolly some tollans who decided to stay with the nox, instead of going to their new planet.
        42'nd Street - Points of view

"Looking forward to season 38 of sg1"

Comment

I think the Tollan were content on their homeworld and did not survive the attack. If there are any Tollans left then they would be very very few in number and not enough to restart the civilisation. I know some people like the Tollans and all but it would suck if they just came back for no reason, it would ruin the dark atmosphere that was developed in that earlier episode.

Also you can only have one functional stargate on a planet so there would be no need for the Tollan to make another one because it wouldnt work while the primary one was operational.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well they could have built a second one in case the first one got blown up, but judging by Narrim's desperation in that episode I doubt it. We can say for sure that he ain't coming back, cos they gave the actor another role on Atlantis(Weir's husband(ex)) and some SG characters who have been killed off seem to appear on Atlantis.

I do however hope that someway somehow the Tollan survived cos they are cool. They could always do something like one Tollan ship got through and fled, restarted their civilisation in secret etc. At that point I would love it if we run into them and we have to protect them now. It would be a great role revearsal if we have the upper hand cos of our ships and Asgard Tech(which we can always pass off as our own cos I doubt the Asgard interacted with the Tollan much-that way we can take the p*ss even more lol) If that happens we can finally get that phase shift tech cos I reckon the Tollan would give anything for shields that work lol.
            Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
            +
            Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
              Well they could have built a second one in case the first one got blown up, but judging by Narrim's desperation in that episode I doubt it. We can say for sure that he ain't coming back, cos they gave the actor another role on Atlantis(Weir's husband(ex)) and some SG characters who have been killed off seem to appear on Atlantis.

I do however hope that someway somehow the Tollan survived cos they are cool. They could always do something like one Tollan ship got through and fled, restarted their civilisation in secret etc. At that point I would love it if we run into them and we have to protect them now. It would be a great role revearsal if we have the upper hand cos of our ships and Asgard Tech(which we can always pass off as our own cos I doubt the Asgard interacted with the Tollan much-that way we can take the p*ss even more lol) If that happens we can finally get that phase shift tech cos I reckon the Tollan would give anything for shields that work lol.
              It would feel good to have to help them and save there butt's with the Prometheus and the Daedalus. I wanna see them both helping the tollans (or some other advanced civilisation) but Daedalus was assigned to the Atlantis mission, however Atlantis can wait a few hours, when Daedalus and the Prometheus blast the hell out of someone.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

I personally think so far the Serrakin are the race which have replaced the Tollans as the modern advanced race in the galaxy.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

This has bugged me ever since the Tollan got wiped out by the goa'uld. Now we have seen on many instances that Goa'uld shields lose power after continuous bombardment. So are the writers trying to tell us that the ENTIRE Tollan defense network didn't pack enough punch to take down one single mothership??? How do you guys explain this? Plat device, brain fart...
                  The very same question has bugged me especially due to the whole Tolans being more advanced than the goauld thing. Tolan weapons failed where less advanced goauld weapons were at least able to weaken the more advanced shields. As suggested the only plausable explanation is that the ion cannons were designed to by pass the shields as squibs do. So once a shield was made that could stop it then no amount of firing could have done any damage.
                  Again as suggested they could tho have at least shot the gliders out of the sky and put up some sort of fight.
                  It should be noted tho that goauld shields have been portrayed inconsistenly through out the show. At the beginning they were more like a wall and you could either penertrate them or not. Yet in later seasons they spoke of shield power reserves etc.
                  Also even tho the shields on Anubis's ship were more advanced I dont think they were the best ancient stuff as thor said they couldn't guarentee victory when dealing with superior numbers infering that asgard ships were still slightly more advanced one on one.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                    the moment the Tollan knew they couldn't defeat a Goa'uld mothership, i do not think they would be dumb enough to just keep all their people on the planet. they built one gate, they could have created a second in secret and used it to send important people to their version of an Alpha or Beta site.
                    The failing of the Tollan was in their pride.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Their ships were also relatively slow. They mentioned in the first ep they appeared in that a ship couldn't reach them, I believe, during their life time. Now we cross the span between galaxies in days.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                        the moment the Tollan knew they couldn't defeat a Goa'uld mothership, i do not think they would be dumb enough to just keep all their people on the planet. they built one gate, they could have created a second in secret and used it to send important people to their version of an Alpha or Beta site.

when the chancellor said they people were growing to quickly, that could have just been a carefully placed comment to make it seem like the were growing and not sending people secretly offworld
                        it could take months to make another gate and for all we know the gate they had was made with the nox's help so they couldnt have made another even if they had wanted to <is that chewbaka???
                        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                          Think of the Ion Cannons like the flu vaccine, if you use it year after year it flu is going to find a way to beat it. I believe that the Goa'uld found a way of upgrading their shields to cancel the effect of the blast.
                          Ya, it was bound to happen.

Comment

This has bugged me ever since the Tollan got wiped out by the goa'uld. Now we have seen on many instances that Goa'uld shields lose power after continuous bombardment. So are the writers trying to tell us that the ENTIRE Tollan defense network didn't pack enough punch to take down one single mothership??? How do you guys explain this? Plat device, brain fart...
                            Not sure if its been said but wouldn't the goauld of taken out most if not all the ion cannons simultaneously?

Edit: anyway i liked the tollan and want to see them back!

Comment

Originally Posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                              The entire Tolan defense network would be unable to fire at a single gould mothership all at the same time. There would be a planet in the way...
                              "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

too bad thier goon...and the rest of the tollan technology...such a waste....
                                i loved those cannons...what a shame...a real shame...

Comment

Working...
                                X