This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
    I dont know about the safety thing in our galaxy due to the Ori. They can still send information about new technology to Earth to help them

We're not talking about a few hundred people here, we are talking about thousands of worlds (not quite the same )

Thats true, the Ancients were severly outnumbered but there weapons are/will be effective if used in the correct way.

SPOILER***We will also be able to defeat more Wraith hive ships when we have new class ships like the Deadulus***

You are of course joking about a few hundred, the UN predicts 200k+ civilians have died in Iraq alone, and it is generally accepted that the CIA involvment in civil wars around the world has killed between 2-8 million (cambodia civil (i think, they all blur) war killed almost 1m, which was a result of the cia overthrowing a democratically elected government). That is only in the 20th century, the number would keep increasing if you looked at the old empires (Britains involvement in india, france in afgan, etc, etc).

Comment

If it was only energy reserves, why have 3 ZPM's, i can understand having 2 so you have a unbroken power when the first drains, but why 3.

I guess they are leaving the real cool stuff to later esp, but saying that we haven't seen anything new in series 2 so far.

Comment

zpm=micro univers having all its energy being sucked out...i think
        tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
        yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
        Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RA the sun god
          zpm=micro univers having all its energy being sucked out...i think
          zero point energy, funnily enough, is energy existing at zero point, it exisits in complete vaccuums. getting zero point energy isnt hard it is getting power from it thats proving to be difficult, although apperantly you can sap some at homw Zero point device you can build at home

Comment

Originally posted by Stevos
            You are of course joking about a few hundred, the UN predicts 200k+ civilians have died in Iraq alone, and it is generally accepted that the CIA involvment in civil wars around the world has killed between 2-8 million (cambodia civil (i think, they all blur) war killed almost 1m, which was a result of the cia overthrowing a democratically elected government). That is only in the 20th century, the number would keep increasing if you looked at the old empires (Britains involvement in india, france in afgan, etc, etc).
            I was under exagerating, but a few billion people then (and by that I mean about 8 or 9)

But you still know what I mean, Im sure the amount of inhabitants of Earth compared to the Pegasus galaxy is very small

Comment

i doubt there is any planet in the universe with as many humans on one planet as earth. 6-7billion on 1 world. even the tollan, hebriden, langaren, tagrean worlds only had a billion at the maximum.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                i doubt there is any planet in the universe with as many humans on one planet as earth. 6-7billion on 1 world. even the tollan, hebriden, langaren, tagrean worlds only had a billion at the maximum.
                I know that but we are talking about a galaxy full of planets with millions/billions humans on each planet

Comment

doubt that, were also talking 10000+ years of regular culls of several hundred people per hive happening all over the galaxy. if each hive ship took 1 generation out of the galaxy at every point the woke up and culled since the time of the ancient, then i cant do the maths but that would severely stunt the overall population increase of the galaxy.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

doubt that, were also talking 10000+ years of regular culls of several hundred people per hive happening all over the galaxy. if each hive ship took 1 generation out of the galaxy at every point the woke up and culled since the time of the ancient, then i cant do the maths but that would severely stunt the overall population increase of the galaxy.
                    about the maths

OK there may not be millions of people on planets, there may only be thousands (if that in case you say next ) but the point im trying to get across is that I dont know whether it would be better to leave a whole galaxy of thousands/millions/billions people and new undiscovered technology and take Atlantis to the MW galaxy because the fact that they have 3 ZPM's and they can fly.

Took me a while to write this because I had to read all of the posts in this thread again because I forgot why we were having this discussion at first, but oh yes its about Atlantis being able to fly if it had 3 ZPM's

Comment

well im thinking about this as well. if i had to make a call id leave it in the PG, but i would statino it on the outta reachs of the galaxy, cloaked on some desolute moon. where it can be an ____ site.
                      also in relation to planet population, a small town in england has the smae population as the average world in the PG or the MW...if theres say a million worlds in the PG then thats only 1billion people. earth has alot more peopel than youd imagine.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                        Can we use the Wraith attack on 1 zpm and a sheild as a gauge as to how much power 1 zpm has, Maybe under constant presure like an ocean the zpm drains much slower then unpridictable energy weapons attacking it. i dont know the theory or possible science but who knows maybe the city can't guess well and outputs heaps of energy to try and counteract the attack.
                        Thats a good and plausable explanation with regards the shields not lasting long. Another one I considered was that since the drones can penetrate shields, may be the wraith stole and incorperated part of this tech in to there own weapons so that it requires enormous amounts of power to stop them. It would also go some way to explaining why PJ dont have shields since they would be useless against such weapons. Of course then there is the question of why such weapons would be so ineffective against asgard shields and why they by comparison seem so superior to ancient shields.

On the matter of how much power one has, since a half charged ZPM going boom was suggested to be capable of wiping out our solar system that suggests its power is close to that of a dying star.

Comment

The way I see it, the reason the single ZPM was insufficient is a question of stress. The more stress that's put on the ZPM, the more the energy just bleeds out of it. Adding 2 more doesn't just increase the energy level, it distributes the overall stress that the individual modules endure, exponentially increasing it's ability to power the shield.

I like to use the heavy table analogy. Let's say you have a heavy table that you need to move to another building across town. You try to lift it yourself, but you can only hold it up for a minute. So, you call 2 friends to help you, and the three of you lift the table. With 3 of you lifting you can potentially hold it up for the entire journey, maybe hours if you had to. If adding 2 others only increased your time by 3 then you should only be able to hold it for 3 minutes, but because the strain is distributed, it means it can be maintained indefinitely.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                            The way I see it, the reason the single ZPM was insufficient is a question of stress. The more stress that's put on the ZPM, the more the energy just bleeds out of it. Adding 2 more doesn't just increase the energy level, it distributes the overall stress that the individual modules endure, exponentially increasing it's ability to power the shield.

I like to use the heavy table analogy. Let's say you have a heavy table that you need to move to another building across town. You try to lift it yourself, but you can only hold it up for a minute. So, you call 2 friends to help you, and the three of you lift the table. With 3 of you lifting you can potentially hold it up for the entire journey, maybe hours if you had to. If adding 2 others only increased your time by 3 then you should only be able to hold it for 3 minutes, but because the strain is distributed, it means it can be maintained indefinitely.

-IMF
                            Thats an interesting theory although in my experiance if some thing is that heavy adding two extra people doesn't allow for a large increase in time for being able to hold it although I can see where your coming from.
                            The analogy could also be reversed in that if a light object was to be held up for an indefinite period would it make much differance one person or three simultaniously as each would fall to fatigue eventually.

Comment

Mackay mentions something about a 2nd zpm in COUP D'ETAT
                              Earn Money For Clicking your Mouse
                              Advercash

Comment

but if it does leave it in pegasus on the dark side of a sun cloaked and just learn..
                                Ehh.. Does a sun have a dark side?

And as some have said if you have 3 zpm's they would probably share the stress. And does anyone know if the one they used was full? Because they did use it to open the gate to atlantis and fly there, plus who knows how much the ancients had used it.

Comment

Working...
                                X