This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newtrekker
    Cough *They are from another galaxy. They only recently learnt about our galaxy and they would only use that kind of force if the planet's population say no. The Ori need time to build one. If they know the design* Cough
    Can you all stop coughing please?! My computer's starting to sniff.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
      Can you all stop coughing please?! My computer's starting to sniff.
      It was only 2 posts, plus I think it's stopped anyway.
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
        This facility would most likely be in the Pegasus galaxy, hence the ZPM's, off wherever the Asgard were then, hence ZPM's. The Nox are too peaceful for something like that. If the Furlings were in our galaxy we would have found them by now, at least I would think, so you would need ZPM's again to get to the galaxies quickly. After all the point in the SGC is the defense of Earth. However, as mentioned in the episode shades of gray, I guess we could set up a secondary SGC if the Pentagon approved. Hope that made some sense.
        What does ZPM's have to do with the facility. We discovered ZPM's in are galaxy. So why hence ZPM's. We also discovered that one facility that had the library. It didn't run on ZPM's.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          What does ZPM's have to do with the facility. We discovered ZPM's in are galaxy. So why hence ZPM's. We also discovered that one facility that had the library. It didn't run on ZPM's.
          Two things in particular. Firstly, the War room would most likely have been held on a planet of the Ancients, Asgard, or possibly Furlings. I would prefer to narrow the Furlings out as not much is known of them. I would assume the Ancients would have this facillity in Pegasus or the Asgard would have it in Ida.
          Either way to get to either galaxy quickly, a ZPM would be needed. More than likely, several. Secondly, the library would not require much in the way of power. Storing info is something my computer can do without a ZPM. Something like a war room would require vast amounts of it. To be able to track targets, lauch weapons, etc. w0uld be power consuming. Considering I only named two of potentially hundreds of things is proof. Plus you have a nice shield. Last time I checked, Atlantis needed ZPM's for a shield and other processes. I would bet it would run on ZPM's or some other power source we do not have.

Comment

Cough *They are from another galaxy. They only recently learnt about our galaxy and they would only use that kind of force if the planet's population say no. The Ori need time to build one. If they know the design* Cough
            You've missed the point by about a million miles.

You: The Ancients won't have more than one gate destroying weapon, they're a benevolent race.
            Me: Wait, what about the Ori, a branch of the Ancients with access to the same knowledge and technology, who quite clearly are not benevolent.
            You: They're from another galaxy!
            Me: Um, hasn't stopped them using the gate to destroy entire planets in our galaxy...

Winnar: Me.

Every point you come up with, I've been able to counter without even making an effort. The whole idea of having an SGC off Earth makes no sense and makes no difference to the safety of Earth.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
              You've missed the point by about a million miles.

You: The Ancients won't have more than one gate destroying weapon, they're a benevolent race.
              Me: Wait, what about the Ori, a branch of the Ancients with access to the same knowledge and technology, who quite clearly are not benevolent.
              You: They're from another galaxy!
              Me: Um, hasn't stopped them using the gate to destroy entire planets in our galaxy...

Winnar: Me.

Every point you come up with, I've been able to counter without even making an effort. The whole idea of having an SGC off Earth makes no sense and makes no difference to the safety of Earth.

Are you sure that the Ori are of the same race as the Ancients? Even if they are how would you know they have the designs for the gate destroying weapon? The Ancients could have designed it when they arrived in MW. The Ori could be the Ancients creation, they just advanced up to rival the Ancients and learnt how to ascend.

For the SGC off Earth idea, read the posts properly

Comment

We know from The Fourth Horseman Part 1 that the Ori and the Ancients (Alterans) are the same race that split off after they had a disagreement about beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  We know from The Fourth Horseman Part 1 that the Ori and the Ancients (Alterans) are the same race that split off after they had a disagreement about beliefs.
                  Okay, but still they mightn't even know how to build the gate destroying weapon. Being ascended doesn't mean you're all knowing.

Comment

Okay, but still they mightn't even know how to build the gate destroying weapon. Being ascended doesn't mean you're all knowing.
                    They're at least as old as the Ancients are, and have shown great technological ability, only a fool would rest their hopes on "Maybe they don't know how to build the weapon."

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

They're at least as old as the Ancients are, and have shown great technological ability, only a fool would rest their hopes on "Maybe they don't know how to build the weapon."
                      The Ancients could have built it when they arrived in MW. Which means the Ori wouldn't know anything about it. Think about it.

Comment

The Ancients could have built it when they arrived in MW. Which means the Ori wouldn't know anything about it. Think about it.
                        Yeah, and cause the Americans made nukes after emigrating from Europe, it's highly unlikely that Europeans will have nuclear technology.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Yeah, and cause the Americans made nukes after emigrating from Europe, it's highly unlikely that Europeans will have nuclear technology.
                          Are you reading it properly? The Ancients left the Ori galaxy for MW cause of war. They are not the Ancients, they are a different branch, you said so yourself. So how would you know that they do know how to build one when the Ancients most likely would have built the weapon when they are in MW.

Comment

Are you reading it properly? The Ancients left the Ori galaxy for MW cause of war. They are not the Ancients, they are a different branch, you said so yourself. So how would you know that they do know how to build one when the Ancients most likely would have built the weapon when they are in MW.
                            Since they probably have access to gate technology, they could probably guess the principles and apply them well.

Now, stop acting like fools!
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                              Since they probably have access to gate technology, they could probably guess the principles and apply them well.

Now, stop acting like fools!
                              I would be happy to stop, but I wasn't a fool. I was trying to prove a point.

Comment

Well, now that you've been countered, I think we end this.
                                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X