This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avatar28
    well the ancients DID have a weapons system that took out 5/6 of a solar system when it overloaded. That's somewhat more than a planet. :-)
    not to mention anubis's super weapon, which took out abydos...that must of been ancinet based somewhere along the line.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

I guess you can count on us to vote stargate, we're pretty biased.
      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I would like to see a fight between an Ori and a Sith. I don't care who wins but it'll be an interesting fight to watch.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
          You can't take the force away from the jedi, that would worse than taking the stargate away from us. Sort of. Anyways, a jedi would own a jaffa, it would be no different than going against Stormtroopers. Though I'd say Jaffa could take out Stromtroopers.
          A Sith lord vs. a goa'uld system lord? goa'uld with personal shield, hand device, hey maybe the snake could jump hosts then what would happen?
          Sith lord with force abilities such as electrocuting, and strangle holding, and whatever it's called to cause objects to fly at their oponent.
          The personal shield could protect against the electricity, but not the other things. It would be hard to ever get close enough to the sith to use the hand device.
          Maybe a better battle would be Millenium Falcon vs. Daedalus!
          Well, I guess I'll start on the topic of taking the force away from a jedi or sith. It is possible to do so, though it is only used in rare and extreme circumstances, so it would be possible to take the force away from a jedi.
          In regards to the force powers- it is force storm or force lightning depending upon how strong the lord is, not electrocuting. It is not strangle holding but force choke. Making an object fly at an opponent is vague, you could be refering to force push, force wave or something upon those lines.
          Shields might not be able to hold against electricity as easily as you think.

Comment

Star Wars. But I wonder if a bullet can go through a lightsaber and kill the guy, then Stargate could possibly have a shot.
            sigpic

Comment

The Jedi and the Sith are not that powerful, just beam them into space or use chemical and biological weapons against them or just nuke them. Oh and the yield of the Mark IX is a lot more than 1 gigaton, it was a ground burst and it vaporized everything in a radius of 100 miles so it's yield was probably at least 10 gigatons.
              Last edited by Giantevilhead; 30 November 2005, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                Star Wars. But I wonder if a bullet can go through a lightsaber and kill the guy, then Stargate could possibly have a shot.
                nice pun.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
                  You can't take the force away from the jedi,
                  Maybe a better battle would be Millenium Falcon vs. Daedalus!

ever hear of ysalmiri spelling mite be a bit off small tree dwelling creatures that project bubbles in which the force cant exist, also the yuuzhan vong they diont exist in the force so you cant use mind tricks or other physic force powers against them

and millenium falcon versus daefdulus is silly the falcon is a cargo ship with two quad turbo lasers and concusion missiles, the daewdulus is a warship and could easily deal with the falcon

Comment

Ancients Weapon Satelite = Death Star. Oh yeah.

I also have little trouble believing Atlantis, when fully revived, could take loads of hits from the Death Star.

Comment

Ori = gods. one asended being brought thousands of people back to life including the buildings. then made them disappear in an instant

Replicators - infect 1 death star and the war is over. replicators integrate everything they learn into all of the other reps. asended beings have the knowledge of the universe so full knowledge given to replicators = ?

they would have all of the star wars tech PLUS everyone elses tech

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                        ever hear of ysalmiri spelling mite be a bit off small tree dwelling creatures that project bubbles in which the force cant exist, also the yuuzhan vong they diont exist in the force so you cant use mind tricks or other physic force powers against them

and millenium falcon versus daefdulus is silly the falcon is a cargo ship with two quad turbo lasers and concusion missiles, the daewdulus is a warship and could easily deal with the falcon
                        Not being able to read the Yuuzhan Vong through the force does not take away the force. To have it taken away, normally, another jedi, the masters of the council will strip the jedi or sith lord from the force. Although it is also possible to have the connection with the force lost through unique circumstances such as large scale battles-but that is complicated.

Comment

It's obvious that StarGate would win. One Asguard mothership could wipe out the entire Empire. The Star Destroyers have only lasers and no freaking shields.

Comment

I'd have to say I think Star Wars would win. After all no one in Stargate can use the Force to choke someone, or to use mind tricks, force lightning and all that other stuff. And their lightsabers deflect all stuff firing at them.

Comment

This is the truth, believe it or not, it is your choice:

On a physical level, Star Wars wins hands down. There is no gimping of the Jedi, a Jedi with his abilities can own any physical creature on Stargate. In space, Star Wars weapons would own Stargate weapons. I prefer watching Stargate, but looking at it from a neutral point of view and not as a fanboi, Stargate would get its ass handed to it.

Now, if you look further and take it beyond the physical plane... Stargate WILL win. The Ascended Beings are beyond any power level in the Star Wars universe. I have never read or seen any "Jedi ghost" be able to do the things an Ascended Being can do. The Ascended can re-take physical form - dead Jedi cannot. Ascended can take physical beings and teach them to Ascend/force Ascention (see Abydos), dead Jedi cannot. Jedi can use Force Lighting. Ascended beings can USE real lightning that can power cities and toss them at their enemies.

The Ascended do not interfere, in general, so that is where there is a major difference - the Jedi can act, the Ascended cannot. However, the Ori can, as can Ascended Begins like Anubis.

So, in conclusion...

"Conventional" weapons - Star Wars.
                              WMDs (Ascended powers vs. Force) - Stargate.
                              Coolest looking ships - Star Trek.

Comment

"On a physical level, Star Wars wins hands down. There is no gimping of the Jedi, a Jedi with his abilities can own any physical creature on Stargate. In space, Star Wars weapons would own Stargate weapons. I prefer watching Stargate, but looking at it from a neutral point of view and not as a fanboi, Stargate would get its ass handed to it."
                                I guess everything in this thread is nothign more than an informed opinion, but I have to disagree.

A jedi can deflect most of what is shot at him, because the force tells him where a shot is going to go before it goes there. Now say a jedi vs a Kull warrior. The thing fires like a machine gun. We've seen jedi overcome by rapid fire. So aside from the most powerful people like Yoda, I think a Kull would win.

Not the mention the fact that a large part of a battle is fought ship to ship, and I don't recall a situation where the force was used on that scale. In that case, unless starwars sheilds stop beaming, they're screwed. Even if they are, star destroyers seem to just shoot lasers. The asgard [seem]to have more powerful weapons.

Also
                                Spoiler:
                                we are going to see an ancient warship in action
                                in ep 219 of Atlantis, and I'd assume it would have had drones at some point, which own everything (when you have them).

As for the superweapon in the death star(s), Anubis has stuff like that, and that Dakara weapon is...well...a WMD on a galactic scale (that is of course, dependent on stargates being present).

So I'd say that Stargate has good chance of winning.

Also, do we really see any technological advancement in star wars? On the other hand, Stargate constantly shows races (mainly us) adapting and innovating.
                                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                                X