Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the dominant-because-of-DHD thing was a deduction of the Russian to explain what happened, but I don't believe the Ancient didn't think two gates could be used on one planet when they design the Stargates. Maybe there is a device in the DHD which can choose between two gates with the same address, like a sort of "multiplex" system.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

I have another theory (I post a second message to differentiate it better):
      The Antarctic gate is the first used on Earth. When the Ancients leave the Earth, the gate is given up. With the time, the cave where it remains is buried. Thousands of years later, Ra arrive on Earth with the Gizeh gate. The artarctic one is still dominant, but sealed, so the Gizeh gate works as if it was alone. But one day, an earthquake clear the artarctic gate and two Jaffa coming back to the Tauri are send in Antarctica instead of Egypt, because the Antarctic gate become working again. The jolts caused by the gate collapse the cave and seal again the Gate. So the Gizeh gate become the working (but not dominant) gate again. Thousands of years later, the cave is partially cleared (because maybe a local reheating), and when SG-1 come back to Earth the vibration caused by the Antarctic gate (maybe caused by the fact two gates are "on the same line") clear entirely the cave. So the Antarctic gate become working and the energy flow is directed into it. But because the DHD are "intelligent", they cut the energy flow between two energetic signatures to reconstitute entire people (and maybe the energy flow was cut instead of being entirely discharged in the SGC gate because SGC doesn't have a DHD which can communicate with the dominant one to decide what to do).
      But I can't explain how the Ancients returned to Earth without interfering with Goaul'd.
      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

I have a totally different theory people.

Quit simply really. Ancient's gate was dominant until the Giza gate was installed. When the Giza gate was installed, the Ancient gate detected it and put itself into a kind of safe mode where it would refuse incoming wormholes.

Either that or the Giza gate broadcast a signal across the planet for any other gates to shutdown - If the other gate does not have detection.

I prefer method A; that the gates automatically detect another gate being installed.

Presumably when the wormhole was forced to jump, the 2nd gate went into emergency receiving mode or something - I assume it would have this facility as the ancients seemed very good at planning and wouldn't want their own kind going to random planets.

When the russians re-activated their gate, the Giza gate @ the SGC would detect the other gate being installed/activated and put itself into safe mode.

Any comments?

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
          please forgive me if im wrong, but isnt anartica at the bottom of the globe?
          just making sure you wern't sleeping

but north, south it's all cold!

maybe chev9 switchs between local gates?
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
            I have a totally different theory people.

Quit simply really. Ancient's gate was dominant until the Giza gate was installed. When the Giza gate was installed, the Ancient gate detected it and put itself into a kind of safe mode where it would refuse incoming wormholes.

Either that or the Giza gate broadcast a signal across the planet for any other gates to shutdown - If the other gate does not have detection.

I prefer method A; that the gates automatically detect another gate being installed.

Presumably when the wormhole was forced to jump, the 2nd gate went into emergency receiving mode or something - I assume it would have this facility as the ancients seemed very good at planning and wouldn't want their own kind going to random planets.

When the russians re-activated their gate, the Giza gate @ the SGC would detect the other gate being installed/activated and put itself into safe mode.

Any comments?

-Turboz
            There's some Atlantis gate theory to back it up. McKay mentioned in the mist alien episode that gates can pull energy when dialing to other systems into them. So when the Giza gate was installed and dialled out, it was getting the energy feed from the gate network while the Antarctic gate remained dormant. The gate system also probably updated itself to acknowledge the Giza gate.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii
              There's some Atlantis gate theory to back it up. McKay mentioned in the mist alien episode that gates can pull energy when dialing to other systems into them. So when the Giza gate was installed and dialled out, it was getting the energy feed from the gate network while the Antarctic gate remained dormant. The gate system also probably updated itself to acknowledge the Giza gate.
              Glad you agree!

Seems to be the most logical thought really.

Any other thoughts out there?

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                The Giza gate's DHD has more power, so it was dominant. The DHD in Antarctica was very week, and stopped working altogether shortly after it was recovered by the SGC, IIRC.

And of course the Giza DHD was destroyed, making the Earth DHD-less.
                really when did it say the ant dhd was weak???
                tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                X