Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much (/SARCASM) for ruining the second season.

Next time learn how to use the spoilers tag thing correctly.

Comment

oops forgot to put it in white
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Very easy to correct, just go and hit the edit button right next to your post and put it in white.

Comment

noob poster here plus didn't think people would view it that quickly i put it in white once i realized i hadn't

but ignoring the spoilers what do u people think about needing bigger ships all ships they face are superior in size.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Earth already has huge ships!
            http://b5tech.com/earthalliance/eart...k/warlock.html

However... those ships aren't in the StarGate universe at all.....
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
              Earth already has huge ships!
              http://b5tech.com/earthalliance/eart...k/warlock.html

However... those ships aren't in the StarGate universe at all.....
              Though I believe they most definitely should be.

Gosh I hadn't seen Babylon 5 in forever.

Comment

Size matters not. The only advantage a bigger ship would have would be the ability to house more fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                  Size matters not. The only advantage a bigger ship would have would be the ability to house more fighters.
                  Bigger size, more people, more weapons, and more fighters.

Size doesn't matter is a myth.

Comment

I don't think you should put a warhead into one of those missiles or onto an EM accelerator. (the latter would short it out) I'm saying that you put a naquadah-C4 sandwich (mmmmm, explsosion sandwich) in the warhead section of the missile and fire. The impact sets off the C4 and the naquaduh hits critical mass.
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

i agree

they should get asgard weapons or asgard assistance to deal with the wraith because the asgard owe earth big time for the replicator defence technology
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Orion
                        i agree

they should get asgard weapons or asgard assistance to deal with the wraith because the asgard owe earth big time for the replicator defence technology
                        Believe me, the Asgard are far from giving us their weapons. They're far grateful for what we did in fighting the Replicators, but we are far from being that cordial (and quite possibly, the Asgard never will: which would be smart of them). We have the Asgard hyperdrives (which helps us out a lot in transporting ships) and more than makes up for it (as well as Asgard transporter technology).

What I don't get is why don't we just nick/steal weapons from hataks? Sure the ships are weak, but aren't the weapons capable of taking out entire cities? Why not start making naquadria enhanced warheads (we are friends with Jonas Quinn, so why not go to Kelowna and make a treaty?)

Comment

We build what we need when we need it. When we have reason and ability to do long term exploration I'm sure we'll have bigger ships with better facilities but for the last few years we've been concerned mainly with survival and for that we need to blow things up and we don't need giant ships for that, we just need ships that work and that we won't cry too much about if and when they get blown up because we aren't at a technological level to build superior weapons to prevent that.

One big ship is also a greater risk since it requires more resources (which aren't unlimited) and therefore has more value. But one big ship has the same risk of being destroyed as one small one. So it's much better to build two or three smaller ones faster than one big one slower... especially since then you can be in more places.

The time will come for big ships but I don't think that time is now.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

warheads are destroyed long before they reach a target ship and with the wraith jamming their beaming technology its hard to get one near a hive ship if not the wraith then the Ori ships wich will probably come they will also be shot down

they need energy weapons like the wraith ones
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              We build what we need when we need it. When we have reason and ability to do long term exploration I'm sure we'll have bigger ships with better facilities but for the last few years we've been concerned mainly with survival and for that we need to blow things up and we don't need giant ships for that, we just need ships that work and that we won't cry too much about if and when they get blown up because we aren't at a technological level to build superior weapons to prevent that.

One big ship is also a greater risk since it requires more resources (which aren't unlimited) and therefore has more value. But one big ship has the same risk of being destroyed as one small one. So it's much better to build two or three smaller ones faster than one big one slower... especially since then you can be in more places.

The time will come for big ships but I don't think that time is now.
                              Yeah, but we need ships that have strong weapons.

From Siege:
                              Spoiler:
                              Though using the Asgard transporter technology to transport warheads aboard an enemy vessel is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by The Orion
                                warheads are destroyed long before they reach a target ship and with the wraith jamming their beaming technology its hard to get one near a hive ship if not the wraith then the Ori ships wich will probably come they will also be shot down

they need energy weapons like the wraith ones
                                The New Battlecruisers are Stargates answer for the ENTERPRISE
                                series NX-01 class vessel They are close in tech though even though they are larger and have a little more crew.despite lack of phase weapons ? and I feel adding those ships to the Stargate universe fills a void left by Treks demise for some fans?
                                I do think in the future we will see earth vessels and my favorites
                                the 302s armed with some very powerful laser type weapons? It is needed
                                believe me if you havent seen the current episodes?
                                NO spoliers here!
                                the Atlantian jumpers make me think of Treks Runabouts! I would love to see some EARTHFORCE vessels designs from B5 used in the future. the Destroyer class was so cool!!!! The biggest problem the Big cruisers have is
                                they are to larger get out of harms way ASAP! Not able to jump fast enough and the speed factor? In time that can be worked out. However the plus
                                side is like the GALACTICA they carry fighters which I like!!!!!!
                                I would love to see a small class combat vessel designed for the SG teams and would have a crew of about 30-50! The closest ship In any series I can think of the the Defiant from DS9!
                                Maybe some technology from Atlantis or elsewhere will make its way to earth and we will see improvements in the shipbuilding?

Comment

Working...
                                X