This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spg_1983
    Actually I my uncle is a Navy guy and he watches 'Gate and I asked him about that and he said often times the "class" designation takes its name from the first production model ship, but that doesnt affect the numeric designation of BC-303, it remains the same.
    By that logic, if they are BC-303s, shouldn't they be called Prometheus-class though?
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      npattis it's hard not to put it bluntly but you're wrong. The Prometheus was finished in season 6. Enemy Mine was a season 7 episode. The BC-303 was mentioned, if you dont believe me just look at the episode transcript, hence every ship that comes of the line from here on out until they change the class will be Daedalus class BC-303.

As I said, I believe the Daedy and Odd are BC-303. But nowhere in the show have they specifically said the "The Daedalus class is BC-303." All you are is making an assumption, which I presume is correct, but no direct evidence calling the Daedalus-class is a BC-303.

Comment

Dude, what evidence? there has never been any reference or indication of a new class. Even in their design they are basically exactly the same, the Daedalus is just a more refined version of Prometheus but is the exact same overall design.
        Thus far SG has endeavored to use real-life Air Force equipment, procedures, and nomenclature. Therefore it is logical to assume that they would continue to use this process for the Air Force vessels of stargate. Based on Air Force nomenclature, these ships would not be BC-303's. This is fact, so the only way that these ships could be BC-303's is if TPTB have abandoned using the USAF as a reference. But if that's the case, and TPTB has abandoned that consistency, then there's no reason to assume that they would be consistent to their own nomenclature either, meaning they could toss out the whole BC-303 idea. In either case, there's no reason to think that the ships are BC-303's.

I also presented earlier evidence to show why the ship is not simply a modified design of the Prometheus class, but simply a whole new design. Here is where I explained it:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51#post4851951

The only evidence you guys have that the Daedalus is a BC-303 is the Enemy Mine quotes, which don't even mention the Daedalus. So it's hardly evidence at all.

I should also point out spg_1983 that your two earlier points are void. First, in "The Ties that Bind" the chairman said "Daedalus class", not BC-303. Second, Naval nomenclature is irrelevant since these are not Navy vessels.

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm being mean to you guys, but the fact is this is a Science thread. Therefore the Scientific Method should be used in answering questions. This is not a place for "guesses" and theories based on sketchy, circumstancial evidence. This is a place where we look at the evidence and draw a conclusion. You guys are starting with a conclusion (that you think its a BC303) and trying to work backwards to make evidence.

Comment

Yes they have, they refer to the BC-303's all the time and specifically when Daniel and Landry were in front of the Senate finace comitee about stargate funding the chairman wanted to cut their funding to focus on BC-303 production.

The Senator said the "Daedalus-class", not BC-303.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
            Thus far SG has endeavored to use real-life Air Force equipment, procedures, and nomenclature. Therefore it is logical to assume that they would continue to use this process for the Air Force vessels of stargate. Based on Air Force nomenclature, these ships would not be BC-303's. This is fact, so the only way that these ships could be BC-303's is if TPTB have abandoned using the USAF as a reference. But if that's the case, and TPTB has abandoned that consistency, then there's no reason to assume that they would be consistent to their own nomenclature either, meaning they could toss out the whole BC-303 idea. In either case, there's no reason to think that the ships are BC-303's.

I also presented earlier evidence to show why the ship is not simply a modified design of the Prometheus class, but simply a whole new design. Here is where I explained it:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51#post4851951

The only evidence you guys have that the Daedalus is a BC-303 is the Enemy Mine quotes, which don't even mention the Daedalus. So it's hardly evidence at all.

I should also point out spg_1983 that your two earlier points are void. First, in "The Ties that Bind" the chairman said "Daedalus class", not BC-303. Second, Naval nomenclature is irrelevant since these are not Navy vessels.

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm being mean to you guys, but the fact is this is a Science thread. Therefore the Scientific Method should be used in answering questions. This is not a place for "guesses" and theories based on sketchy, circumstancial evidence. This is a place where we look at the evidence and draw a conclusion. You guys are starting with a conclusion (that you think its a BC303) and trying to work backwards to make evidence.

Agreed most of your post. There has been no direct quote saying "The Daedalus class is a BC-303." But until said otherwise, I ASSUME the Daedalus class is a BC-303.

Comment

I just used this analogy in a PM and I thought it would be relevant to this discussion. Believing the Daedalus is a BC303 is one thing, but it's not a belief based on evidence so it should not be in the Science Forum. The analogy is to Creation being taught in science classes. I have no problem with people believing in Creation, but it's not science so it shouldn't be taught in science class.

Comment

ust cuz we don't believe in your theory doesn't make us wrong. only to you. if ya don't have COCK SOLID PROOF don't post

Comment

Where do you think they got all of the resources for the odessy and daedalus?

They didn't mine all the resources for a ship we haven't and never will see.

/roll eyes

Such a sad discussion, but people will believe what they will.
                  I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    ust cuz we don't believe in your theory doesn't make us wrong. only to you. if ya don't have COCK SOLID PROOF don't post
                    See and this is the problem you have. You think this is a matter of believing in theories. It has nothing whatsoever to do with beliefs. Do not post in the Science Forum if you do not intend to use logic and evidence. What I am doing is looking at the evidence and drawing a conclusion. What you are doing is deciding what you think the answer is, then trying to work backwards to manufacture proof.

I do have SOLID PROOF. READ my information. Like I said, unless in the unlikely event that TPTB are abandoning their consistency to follow Air Force procedure, the Daedalus and Odyssey are NOT BC-303's.

Also it's interesting that you say an individual needs solid proof, yet you started a thread stating that they are BC-303's as fact when you don't have solid proof.

And you're not just wrong to me, you're wrong to any logical person that has examined the evidence. Again I point out that this is just like the Creation vs Evolution. You are arguing what you believe. I am arguing what the evidence suggests. As long as you continue to base your beliefs on your opinions instead of on the evidence, then this thread is not Science it is Fantasy and is Off-Topic for this forum. I will remind you that posting Off-Topic is against forum rules.
                    Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 23 February 2006, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                      This thread is basically a joke. I have shown many times, with REAL evidence (not circumstancial like in Enemy Mine) that the Daedalus is NOT a BC-303. Feel free to run search for my posts because I am too lazy to do it right now. Those of you that keep saying they are BC-303's have no evidence. It's like you're stuck in an audio loop. I read all these threads and it's the same thing over and over "Prometheus prototype X303, Daedalus production BC303". But you DON'T LISTEN. There is concrete evidence to suggest it's not a BC303. Every time I presented that evidence those present in the other threads (including this thread's starter) would not be able to refute my evidence, so they simply kept repeating the same thing over and over. This is the SCIENCE forum. That means here we LOOK AT EVIDENCE. If you are going to continue to not look at EVIDENCE then this thread belongs in the FANTASY forum.
                      !!geek patrol alert!!!!geek patrol alert!!

neway {Mod Snip}
                      stargate is fanasty, and this is a FANASTY FORUM!!!

hence, {Mod Snip}
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2006, 06:49 AM. Reason: personal attacks are not allowed

Comment

ok, 1
                        at the current moment. we have 2 ships. the daedalus, and the oydessy, Prometheus was destroyed. no more protype. porblem solved. and btw, with every new ship built something on the ship will change from a simple briefing room to the engine control room, just depends.
                        btw, siege pt. 2, mckay- sister ship to the Prometheus. in response to how will we defend atlantis against 2 hives without the zpm.
                        col. - as we speak the zpm is being beamed aboard the daedalus.
                        mckay, "daedalus, uh never knew that it would have been done by know, mckay explains to Wier that the daedalus is a sister ship to the Prometheus.
                        end of discussion ladies and gents.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                        pps = power per second
                        The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                        xfire = zpm
                        [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                        http://m2kclan.com
                        vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                        port: 3785
                        P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                        halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                        Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by zpm!!
                          ok, 1
                          at the current moment. we have 2 ships. the daedalus, and the oydessy, Prometheus was destroyed. no more protype. porblem solved. and btw, with every new ship built something on the ship will change from a simple briefing room to the engine control room, just depends.
                          btw, siege pt. 2, mckay- sister ship to the Prometheus. in response to how will we defend atlantis against 2 hives without the zpm.
                          col. - as we speak the zpm is being beamed aboard the daedalus.
                          mckay, "daedalus, uh never knew that it would have been done by know, mckay explains to Wier that the daedalus is a sister ship to the Prometheus.
                          end of discussion ladies and gents.
                          you beat me to posting that i rembered it today have some green

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                          O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

My God not THIS again! i have seen so many posts on this round here I actually forgot my own oppinion on the matter. I don't see y people are arguing so much, as no one has any proof. A stray and vague quote from season 7 doesn't count, but neither does Walter's "evidence". I put the speechmarks because ur logic relies on the consistency of the writers, which is a joke since that's the one thing they are not good at. REal evidence for a sci-fi show is something that is CAnnon-the best logic counts for nothing if you have nothing from the show to back it up with. DOes anyone here have anything Cannon?Didn't think so!

P.S. yes Walter you do in fact come off as an {MOD SNIP}, you might want to tone it down a little-you can't shout at people cos they don't agree with you-besides, whats logical to u may not be logical to everybody and vice versa. ALthough I share ur frustration at the reemergence of this thread. I {Mod Snip} hate it!
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2006, 08:15 AM. Reason: inappropriate language, No- name calling no matter how it is phrased
                            Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                            +
                            Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

First, my logic, does make sense. I even accounted for the writers' possible choice to be inconsistent in my logic. I said that if they are not consistent, we cannot assume they would make it a BC-303 anymore than another designation. Therefore in either case stating that they are in fact BC-303's is wrong.

Second, maybe I do come off as mean. I'm sure evolution scientists come off as mean to creationists. I'm sure anyone with common sense comes off as mean to someone who believes the Earth is flat. I'm just another logical person who is getting "burned at the stake" for using science instead of personal beliefs.

Third, throwing childish insults at me and calling me {Mod Snip}clearly demonstrates that none of you have the maturity to handle this discussion. Regardless of what you may or may not think of my statements, you have no right to behave the way you all are. It is against the forum rules and it is immature.

{Mod Snip}
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 February 2006, 08:17 AM. Reason: inappropriate language removed

Comment

I raised a similar point to zmp!!'s about McKay in Seige and got no reply...
                                I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Working...
                                X