Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really we already our a Galactic power no one is going to come after us really we don't need to conquer any planets maybe set up more out posts make colonies on uninhabited planets our goal was to make friends not enemy’s
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

ditto which makes cells perfect! and we can have heb and asgard cell of earth and it would make us learn much faster.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

I mean salvaged Goa'uld mothership weapons would be better then railgun's.
        sigpic
        I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
        'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
        'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

This has been talked about already...You can do a search on it and find some posts regarding this issue....

Comment

Okay, we know that the earth ships are useless against the wraith, but how about against other species.

How would the daedalus class ship compare with a Goa'uld. From the fight over the north pole, i am guessing badly.

Are the daedalus ships only good for transport.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevos
              Okay, we know that the earth ships are useless against the wraith, but how about against other species.

How would the daedalus class ship compare with a Goa'uld. From the fight over the north pole, i am guessing badly.

The daedulas seemed to put up a good fight against the wraith to me, i think the Big D would do ok against the goa'uld and other races like the hebridians in a one on one face off
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The daedalus shields did fairly well, but it couldn't actually hit anything, which for a warship is a major problem.

Comment

The daedalus shields did fairly well, but it couldn't actually hit anything, which for a warship is a major problem.
                  The shields done great, it was hitting the wraith, it was destroying darts and hitting the hive ships, we just dont know how much damage was actually caused to the hives by the railguns
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

ok firstly the deadalus did ok, it took out a twelve of the entire wraith fleet in 2 days, in 8 years SG1 took out about 30%, if the deadalus hadnt been stopped and the beam kept working, the wraith would be gone.
                    us vs the goauld/jaffa sure we can do that fine ( we jsut beam a nuke in)
                    us vs the asgard, ha!
                    us vs the orii, HAHAHAHA!!!

basicly were royally screwed!
                    also it was the south pole not the north.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

The daedalus was designed with the gou'ald in mind, so it problely do quite well aganst them, now if we can get some better weapons then we could hurt the other too. Remember what one 303 did to anubis ship in the frist eps of season 7
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        ok firstly the deadalus did ok, it took out a twelve of the entire wraith fleet in 2 days, in 8 years SG1 took out about 30%,
                        Not sure what you mean by 30% or that SG1 has fought the Wraith...

But the Daedelus did ok given that the convinced the Asgard to allow for site-to-site transport of nuclear warheads... but as soon as the Wraith activated anti-beaming countermeasures, the Earthings and their pet Asgard entered "We're Screwed" land.

Comment

The Daedalus' main problem is that its missiles are so slow they get shot down before they can actually hit the other guy and damage his ship. The Wraith can shoot them down and I don't see any reason to suspect that the Goa'uld wouldn't be able to do the same thing with deathgliders or the numerous smaller guns a Ha'tak has.

It would probably do better against a Ha'Tak than it did against hiveships because the Ha'tak seems to have less overall firepower. Then again though it also has shields so the beaming trick might not work on it at all even without the special countermeasures.

If the beaming thing works the D wins otherwise I'm picking the Ha'tak in a 1on1 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                            The Daedalus' main problem is that its missiles are so slow they get shot down before they can actually hit the other guy and damage his ship. The Wraith can shoot them down and I don't see any reason to suspect that the Goa'uld wouldn't be able to do the same thing with deathgliders or the numerous smaller guns a Ha'tak has.

It would probably do better against a Ha'Tak than it did against hiveships because the Ha'tak seems to have less overall firepower. Then again though it also has shields so the beaming trick might not work on it at all even without the special countermeasures.

If the beaming thing works the D wins otherwise I'm picking the Ha'tak in a 1on1 fight.
                            I think the basic philosophy of Stargate is that the Tau'ri are advancing at a very fast pace technologically, but they're still a step behind vs. the more developed intergalactic races. Though going from a regular military to the Daedelus in 9 seasons (9 years), proves that the Tau'ri are really on the ball when it comes to advancing (at least militarily).

But yeah... the defensive shields, etc. have been modified from Asgard tech, which means in a defensive role, the Tau'ri ships rock - even without a Zero Point Module.... with a ZPM they are like Sherman tanks in the revolutionary war lol.

In terms of weaponry, though - the Tau'ri is still FAR behind on the intergalactic scale...

Missiles, Rail Guns, etc. even their fighter ships use missiles instead of lasers - it's very obvious that's what the creators are doing. I like it, though... keeps the suspense up.

Comment

actually i think the deddy wuld be worse off against a ha'tak than a hive ship. Ha'taks have shields (hive ships dont) and energy weapons, if they can block the beaming aswell the deddy wuldn't stand a chance against a ha'tak imo.

Comment

Thing is though the Earth ships don't have to suck like they've been doing. With the tech they're already using they could make some nasty stuff just by shuffling things around a bit and applying some brainpower.

They've got engines that can accel a ship the size of a prommie to .99c for example. They should be able to make some damn good missiles with engine tech like that.

The railguns are another point. They suck for only one reason, they're too small. Ok it's fine to have a few of the small fast firing ones to shoot down deathgliders and stuff but watching the Daedalus trying to use them against 4km Wraith hiveships is just a head scratcher. Now if the D used some of that empty flat space on its back to mount a few turretted railguns of anti-capship size it would have a decent weapon at it's disposal.

You just take the nukes it's already using for its missiles and fire them out of the railgun instead. You don't get homing ability but you do get a much faster projectile the snakeheads or space vamps can't just shoot down while laughing at you.

The Wraith don't even have shields so you could blast through their bare hulls with time delay fused nukes and start one shot killing their ships with the resulting internal nuke explosions.

If that doesn't work because the nukes aren't big enough or the guns aren't fast enough then just build the whole ship as a flying gun. Run one giant railgun all the way from the prow to almost the stern, then drop a giant naquadria "gatebuster" nuke into the breach, line up one of the sluggish ships of our rivals and let them eat it.

It might not be pretty but that'll get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X