Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They usually carry P90 magazines in their pockets.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

The men and women in Stargate Atlantis wear Viper web-tex. I know this because I have a Vest exactly the same. This is better than the SG1 vests because you can carry more M16 magazines in it, thats the problem with the P90 it's magazines are too long to put them.
      "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Aegir
        The men and women in Stargate Atlantis wear Viper web-tex. I know this because I have a Vest exactly the same. This is better than the SG1 vests because you can carry more M16 magazines in it, thats the problem with the P90 it's magazines are too long to put them.
        IIRC, the last time this came up the vest was listed as a "modified Blackhawk Omega Tactical Vest." The modifications being to make it fit a P90. the modifications were that the lower pocket could hold a P90 clip(s) and there's like an inside pocket that can as well--you can't fully fasten the vest up when you're carrying a full load of ammo (or at least it's not comfortable), but that's ok because with the P90 straps on you cant fasten the vest all the way up anyway.

Course, this is all just off the top of my head from something I remember in passing some time ago, I could easily be wrong.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

some one at the sgc developed that new staff blast dissapating body armour i think they still use it...
          tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
          yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
          Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Hi all,

I recently got a Web Tex tac vest the same as the ones used in Atlantis, but I am now looking for a rucksack like the one McKay has in "Childhoods End", as well as the Fastex type buckes so I can easily clip it on and off the vest. (This is for hillwalking and camping trips.)

Can anyone help me find UK based companies / individuals who can supply such equipment, and can make the modifications to the vest and rucksack?

Any advice on whre I can buy tool boxes /pack boxes for the P90 Ammo pockets would be of great help too!

Andy.
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I can help you.

The web-tex/Viper vests are not designed for the rucksack add-on, This is a pain but you can just buy a black rucksack and use it as normal http://www.vestguard.co.uk I used to work for them and they might beable to get you a rucksack if you call them up.

The vest is most likly a Blackhawk vest as film companys like to spend lots of money but yes the Web-tex/Viper vest is basicly a cheaper one of 99% the same design.

I have been to the supplyer of Web-tex(The people who own them also own Viper too) and Its like walking into the store of the SGC lol

As for Spec ops they use all sorts of vest to meet the missions/roles they cover

For P-90 mags Viper and web-tex both make drop leg mag holders for them and also M16

I live for Tactical gear as i use it in my films

http://www.pdfilms.co.uk shameless plug but hey its relivent lol

Comment

Thanks for that Essex!

I have made a note of the details and will get in touch with them in due course.

I have also had a quick nosey at the vestguard and pd films websites, and when my home net service is back up will have a closer look at them.

Now I just need to worry about outdoor clothing, a tent, tools, torch, thermal blanket, ration packs, (wonders off, carrying a long list!!)
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                  I say they put on SuperSoldier armour and go own people. But then the show would suck.
                  I wonder if those vests do anything to protect against zats? Wouldn't it be cool if they reflected zat shots? You know, that's what we need: using your opponents attacks against them.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

They carry the P-90 clips in the Blackhawk Tactical Medic/Utility vest.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

It's a standard Kevlar vest with some anti-staff weapon inserts.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

im unsure if they have kevlar in them still, they might, but the what's his face(in heroes pt1 i beleive) said that the metal or w.e in standard kevlar vests traps the heat in the vest and makes a microwave sorta thingy, so the ceramic polymer deflect the heat, as well as the staff blast

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

What you folks all need bullet-proof vests for?

Comment

You guys should check this thread out.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11337
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                            X