Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I phrased that wrong, I was going for sarcasm.
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

In that case let me wholeheartedly agree.
      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        Yes, they appear to use Quantum Mechanics, and they appear to exhibit properties of Quantum Mechanics, but that is only based on our limited knowledge. The properties they are exhibiting could be based on something completely different, and the devices could appear to be based off of quantum physics but be something a whole lot more complicated, and more advanced, more than we know right now.
        You may appear to be only a man, but you might actually be part of a larger superdimensional being, we just don't know!

I know and recognize the difference, we only think Quantum Physics is right because we have no evidence disproving it
        And there is all that other pesky evidence in support of it...

we only see it as a scientific impossibility because we can't accept that there is something out there that we don't know
        No no no no no. :'( When a theory is shown to be true and consistent, and tested and tried and shown to come up right every time, we accept that theory as true. When that same theory says in no uncertain terms that you just can't do something, accept that you just can't do it.

yes, it is entire possible that Quantum Mechanics is true, but we can't exclude the possibility that there is evidence against it.
        You speak of QM as though it were complete, when in truth it is far from it. What branches we know and apply in every day life we can assume to be true because they accurately predict all the phenomenom we use them for.

I am going to be very frank right now, and I mean no disrespect, but the only reason you cannot even consider my point of view is because can't open your mind.
        I believe it is you who cannot open their mind to the possibility that some things you just can't do. Wishing on a star for some future knowledge won't change what is and isn't possible.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

You may appear to be only a man, but you might actually be part of a larger superdimensional being, we just don't know!
          Exactly! Thank you.

And there is all that other pesky evidence in support of it...
          Yes, but that evidence supporting it could be inccorrect based on things that we don't know yet, or that could not be evidence at all, we could just think that it is evidence because we don't fully understand it.

No no no no no. :'( When a theory is shown to be true and consistent, and tested and tried and shown to come up right every time, we accept that theory as true. When that same theory says in no uncertain terms that you just can't do something, accept that you just can't do it.
          Yes, currently Quantum Physics is accepted as true for the most part, and I can accept that, what we also need to accept is the possibility that there is evidence that disproves it. That is all I am saying.

You speak of QM as though it were complete, when in truth it is far from it. What branches we know and apply in every day life we can assume to be true because they accurately predict all the phenomenom we use them for.
          No, I understand Quantum Physics is far from complete. Yes, I am not disagreeing, we can assume it to be true based on the evidence we have that is a perfectly logical assumption, but we also have to consider the possibility that it isn't.

I believe it is you who cannot open their mind to the possibility that some things you just can't do. Wishing on a star for some future knowledge won't change what is and isn't possible.
          I can fully accept that there are things that we can't do, I am just making the point that it is possible that Quantum Physics isn't right. Before I was making the point that it was more mathematically probable that the Tollan had disproved Quantum Physics, but I suppose we won't get back into that.

Owen Macri

Comment

To the writers defence.

A simply real world example. Long ago we thought that electrons flow from postive to neagtive in a Direct Current Circuit. We later learnt we were wrong, it in fact flows from negative to postive instead.

The ability to use the technology does not mean you have the correct observation of its operations. As such in the case of the ZPM, one possible reason why earth can't make their own, is because they have made an incorrect assumption or observation.

Comment

That is exactly my point, thank you, that is a great example.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yes, currently Quantum Physics is accepted as true for the most part, and I can accept that, what we also need to accept is the possibility that there is evidence that disproves it. That is all I am saying.
                You know about something that disproves QM? Go ahead, show it to the first physicist you'll see. Of course I mean some real evidence, not hydrinos or something alike.

I am going to be very frank right now, and I mean no disrespect, but the only reason you cannot even consider my point of view is because can't open your mind.
                Don't be so open-minded. Your brain may fall out.

Originally posted by Deckker
                Long ago we thought that electrons flow from postive to neagtive in a Direct Current Circuit. We later learnt we were wrong, it in fact flows from negative to postive instead.
                It is you who is wrong. People played with electricity long time before anyone knew electrons exist. So they could choose current direction arbitrarily at the time.
                Sorry for my bad english. I'm just a little post-communist building nuclear warheads in backyard.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA. Sig worthy.
                  Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                    HAHAHAHAHA. Sig worthy.
                    .....yes....im sure...hospital...yes he is presumed crazy...
                    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X