This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, well in that case,
    *going to the third floor fire escape to the roof of where I work and jumping off*
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

i think that the problem with super humans is controlling them look at ford no one can control him even when shep is trying to understand and talk to him ford just gets mad. if u made an entire race or army of superhumans there is probably a good chance that they would be consumed by their power and then try to take power by enslaving those that aren't super human.

Comment

Star Trek had the same problem with genetically enhanced people, i.e. Kahn.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
          It might not matter if your goal is to ascend. Who cares what damage is done to your body if you're going to leave it behind anyways.
          Last I checked, people who ascend don't leave a body behind.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

At least the ego can be understood. Ford, Khalek, Anubis, the Ori, the Ancients, when you have that much power, why should you have to listen to someone, especially if you think they're beneath you anyway. An army of Wraith enzyme hopped up soldiers, could take over a galaxy, if the enzyme not only increases physical, but also mental ability, a well hidden planet, and a plan could definitely get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              Okay, I did laugh, BUT ascending is more about the mind/spirituality...

I really like the steriods analogy, Jarnin, well done!

Comment

Until they take over the world. Super-humans would think that no one deserves to be their equal, so they would squash as many people as they can. Only one problem though, arrogance kicks in and the assumption that they can take over the whole world takes over and then the whole world retaliates and decimates them. Power in numbers can be just as effective as one super-human.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  Nice one. You know what I meant. They exist as energy, with no corporeal form.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

so ascended beings can not really manipulate anything in the physical sense.

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                      From what I gather, they can technically do whatever they want, but the Ancients may try to stop someone who tried this.
                      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                        No more than gravity can manipulate things with mass and electromagnetic fields can manipulate objects with charge or magnetism.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Lol. The Ascendeds can do anything [theory] effect the past [/theory] they just dont want to, but Daniel had it right, perhaps we need to work things out for ourselves. Some more super humans would be good, but only short term, nothing permanent.
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Don't ascended beings have ESP?

Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                            X