Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think to a large degree it would come down to do the wraith have shields. If they do then the MW would be in for a heck of a fight. However if they don't, I think the superior numbers we could put up against them would prove victorious. Can you imagine an Alliance between the remaining goa'uld, the free Jaffa, the humans, and (hopefully) the Asgard. With any luck we MIGHT be able to get the hebredians (from Space Race) and a few of the other advanced races involved as well.

Comment

Assuming that the Wraith face the Goa'uld in their prime the Wraith would be obliderated.

This is the case for several reasons:

For some reason peopel keep saying that wraith technology is supperior. Now this is obviously BS as the Wraith have disguisting hyperdrive technology and no shields. They only defeated the Anceints due to numbers and they can't pull that trick on the Goa'uld as the Goa'uld (in their prime) could muster a fleet of at least 200 Ha'tak+ whatever Al'kesh, gliders and flagships they may have.

The Goa'uld would be able to utilise their technological advantage quite efectively. Their shields(which never seem to run out) will give them a critical edge over the wraith in ship to ship combat. Also, their supperior hyperdrive would allow them to make pinpoint tactical strikes against the Wraith, manoeuvre their forces efficently and also lay traps for the wraith at their pitstops.

Also, whoever remembers the episode in which Shi'fu gave Daniel the Goa'uld knowledge ina dream knows that if the Goa'uld set up AG systems over their planets then the Wraith have no chance of ever taking a key Goa'uld world.

LAst but not least we have the Kull warriors. Warking on the asumption that the System Lords are co-operating then there would be many Kull warriors. If deployed on a large scale they would mop the floor with Wraith infantry as they are impervious to wraith stunning technology and are at least as strong physically. That about sum it up?

P.S.- I pose this question the the forum. What would hapend if some replis survived and teamed up with the Wraith in a "You take the Humans, we'll take their metal" sort of alliance?
      Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
      +
      Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Welcome to the forum Publius Aemilius Aper
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        IMO the goa'uld dont stand a chance against the wraith even when they were at their peak, Would the goa'uld stand a chance in whiping out the ancients, the answer is no, the wraith would demolish everything gotta do with the goa'uld, the wraith do have shields, we just havent seen them yet on a hive ship or cruiser yet.
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Exactly, they likely just didn't use shields since against the ancients, they're useless. Drones go through them.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
            Exactly, they likely just didn't use shields since against the ancients, they're useless. Drones go through them.
            Crap i thought i mentioned the drone part, there is only two races that i can think of that could give the wraith a proper fight and their the Asgard and Nox, and the winner of that battle would still be uncertain

Comment

The Nox would have to be highly motivated to fight back. I guess the Wraith attacking them would do.
              302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                I guess the Wraith attacking them would do.
                LOL...Yeah, i'd say just about

Comment

Originally posted by the true apothis
                  who would win if the wraith came to our galaxy and picked a world which had a load of goauld on it i reckon the goauld would win what are your opinions
                  If the Goauld still had all their power... the wraith would definently win because they would eat the goauld. The need for food would overule the want for power and domination.

Comment

the problem with the goauld is that they only work togeather when it suits them i could see a couple of them backing out of big battles hoping that the others would take heavy losses so that they would be able to take them out later. this would become a huge flaw. but if the FJN were to fight them with a huge fleet that would rival what the goauld had at thier peak but with anubis's advanced tech. they would give the wraith a run for their money since they would stick togeather.

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
                      The Nox would have to be highly motivated to fight back. I guess the Wraith attacking them would do.
                      I doubt it. The wraith can't attack what they can't see. The Nox would just wave their hands and vanish. Still, I'd love to see what the Nox could do if they wanted to. Something tells me they coulud probably bust out a MAJOR can of whupass if they ever took a notion to do so.

Comment

the nox entering the situation would help a lot against any foe. however i think that you are right they would just stay hidden.

Comment

Although I'm sure they'd be more than happy to hide us and/or our planet from the Wraith if we wanted them to. Assuming it's within their capabilities, of course. It's entirely possible they just cloaked their city in the same way the SGA team cloaked Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                            I doubt it. The wraith can't attack what they can't see. The Nox would just wave their hands and vanish. Still, I'd love to see what the Nox could do if they wanted to. Something tells me they coulud probably bust out a MAJOR can of whupass if they ever took a notion to do so.
                            Who knows, if the Nox illusionary power is telepathically based (ie imposing thoughts on others that make them ignore certain things) then the Wraith might be able to resist, since they themselves are telepathic.

Im assuming that the Nox don't actually make things Disappear, cause as we all know, thats impossible
                            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

I suppose that it's possible that it's telepathically based, but if so they Nox are WAY more advanced than the wraith telepathically so I wouldn't count on their being able to resist. Besides, as I noted, I'm sure if they really wanted to the Nox could open up a can of major whupass if they really wanted to. Maybe that's why they're such pacifistic hippies now. At some point in the past they got into a fight with someone and obliterated them and due to that they now refuse to fight. It's sort of a classic plot device.

Comment

The Nox may have even caused the death of some of their own in the process, hence the peace loving attitude.
                                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                                Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X