This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LORD MONK
    They have already stated why advanced races don't share tech. with so called primative races. (not that we are primitive, but you get the point) Although the Asgard has advanced are battleship with hyperdrive engines, shielding and beaming tech. so what's the point?
    im pretty sure they gave us some sort of energy source for the daedalus's shield and hyperdrive

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      They have already stated why advanced races don't share tech. with so called primative races. (not that we are primitive, but you get the point) Although the Asgard has advanced are battleship with hyperdrive engines, shielding and beaming tech. so what's the point?
      The point is now we can protect ourselves, run away, live to advance another day.

We can now safely and speedily explore the galaxy, do the research to develop our own tech, and maintain our pride. And if ever they need a ship to come save their little grey butts they don't have to send a taxi to come pick us up. We can make the trip on our own. And if we ever get any wild ideas we can't blow them up with their own tech. If we ever have reason and ability to kick their butts it will be because we learned to do it ourselves.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

There's a more simple answer why the Asgard don't share tech: Most of their stuff is on Mac. SGC runs on XP.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

thats funny. but i think that after thor met senator kinsey he decieded that they needed to look at how they are advancing us. if the wrong people got in power then the weapons that they gave us to defend ourselves could be used in a way that is displeasing to the asgards like taking over worlds or something.

Comment

I'd probably agree that the Asgard would hold back despite trusting the SGC. I mean, after all, the Tau'ri don't even have a centralised government. How advanced can we be if our socio-political situation is so volatile?

Besides which, all their tech is for people with puppet hands. The only way we'd be able to run it would be if we got the Thunderbirds in.
            Last edited by Brigadier General Pants; 28 September 2005, 04:43 PM. Reason: mispelling *sic*

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

g0t Tollan?
              Last edited by CZA; 02 October 2005, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Hey Atlantis_Man was the name Atlantis Man taken when you signed up? if it was sry but i called first

Comment

Dosn't the prometheus use naquadah? That wasn't taught to us by the asgard, it was the race that had the nanites, sorry im bad with races that only appear once.
                  Also they use naquadriah for hyperspace propulsion, which we were the first to use, although the gould did expiriment with it long ago.

In regards to the tau'ri or asgard being the most helpful:
                  The asgard may not always do something, while the tau'ri are quick to step in. But the tau'ri have messed so many societies up, and they haven't always fixed them they could go into negative points. The asgard and their limited benevolence have never created an intergalactic power vacuum, or shifted the spectrum of a sun.
                  So there is a reason for the asgard limited benevolence, but the tau'ri won't stop breaking thing.
                  Its like a so called computer geek who tries to fix your computer without you asking him but instead messes everything up to the point you need to reformat.

Thats my opinion on the matter
                  -erik

Comment

Originally posted by Belerial
                    Dosn't the prometheus use naquadah? That wasn't taught to us by the asgard, it was the race that had the nanites, sorry im bad with races that only appear once.
                    Also they use naquadriah for hyperspace propulsion, which we were the first to use, although the gould did expiriment with it long ago.
                    i haven't found anything that says what the prometheus currently uses but i would assume that it would be powered by a couple of naq generators or a mark 2 generator.
                    the race that helped us learn how to make naq generators was the Orbanians from learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                    X