Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least they know how to spell and use acceptable grammar.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

its called "slang" for words that u dont want to spell and if i dont spell it right i dont realy care as long as its close what i mean and if u have a problem with it try and make me stop,eh

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
        its called "slang" for words that u dont want to spell and if i dont spell it right i dont realy care as long as its close what i mean and if u have a problem with it try and make me stop,eh
        I just thought it comical you called someone stupid in a post with horrendous grammar. Delicious irony I thought.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Typical attitude of someone trying to justify his or her lazyness, most often a male in his early to mid teenage years. If you can't bother writing proper english why should anyone waste time trying to read it?

1 m34n 1f w3'23 0n 7h3 5ubj3c7 0f n07 w2171n6 1n 3n6115h why 5s0u1d 4ny f02m b3 d1ff323n7 f20m 4n07h32?

Comment

im 16 and yes i am lazzy i dont care if ppl can read wat i type so back and i didnt mean there stupid what i meant was that there to smart for there own good

Comment

im 16 and yes i am lazzy i dont care if ppl can read wat i type so back and i didnt mean there stupid what i meant was that there to smart for there own good
              If you are 16, you must be in high school. It's time to write/type with correct spelling and grammar.
              It's forgivable if you are 10.
              "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

for the last time i dont care what other ppl think i can spell just fine i just choose not how bot that you cant stop me from spelling wrong so how come
                you're making a big deal about this?????

ps im a senior

Comment

I'm not too smart for my own good, you're just too lazy for common courtesy. It's offensive.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

im not talking about u im talking about the asgard and i dont care about common curtisy

Comment

I started a thread long ago called "How long can ancients live" or somehting...

anyway in that thread somebody posted links to current real life attempts to cure ageing.
                      and there was an interesting discussion.
                      Ill see if i can locate it.

here:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6857

Comment

Thank you, I will check it out, it sounds very interesting.

As for the offtopic disscussion of proper spelling and grammar. Allthough it is easier to read, it is not a necesity on the GateWorld Forum. If Captain Keys chooses to write without proper spelling, grammar, or puncuation, he may.

Owen Macri

Comment

Absolutely he may And if, as he so eloquently said, he's too lazy and doesn't care what 'ppl" think of his spelling and grammar, well, I don't "care" to read his posts

On the subject of aging - interesting isn't it! I don't imagine using a transporter would be a great way to stay young - even without bringing this whole molecular vs quantum thing into it. I would think that by recreating yourself as an earlier version you'd lose all the changes since the last scan - including memories! Not an appealing thought to me

ETA: Oh, Three PhD's, in another post somwhere you were saying that the forum didn't mark what threads you'd posted in..... well, it does mark if you've posted in a specific thread - the envelope icon to the side of the thread title in the sub-forum list is marked with a small arrow - unfortunately it doesn't show you where your last post in that thread was (I've often thought that would be useful). Of course you've probably figured this out by now

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                            Absolutely he may And if, as he so eloquently said, he's too lazy and doesn't care what 'ppl" think of his spelling and grammar, well, I don't "care" to read his posts

On the subject of aging - interesting isn't it! I don't imagine using a transporter would be a great way to stay young - even without bringing this whole molecular vs quantum thing into it. I would think that by recreating yourself as an earlier version you'd lose all the changes since the last scan - including memories! Not an appealing thought to me

ETA: Oh, Three PhD's, in another post somwhere you were saying that the forum didn't mark what threads you'd posted in..... well, it does mark if you've posted in a specific thread - the envelope icon to the side of the thread title in the sub-forum list is marked with a small arrow - unfortunately it doesn't show you where your last post in that thread was (I've often thought that would be useful). Of course you've probably figured this out by now
                            Absolutely. There is a difference between occational mispell and just intentionally being lazy. The former is about making mistakes. The latter is about attitude. I quit reading his posts as well.
                            "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

yes i am lazzy i dont care if ppl can read wat i type
                              No offense to you, personally, here, but....
                              But if you really don't care if people can read what you type....then why type at all?

I ask this in all seriousness. If you want to communicate something to other people, then it's absolutely necessary that they be able to understand you. So why on Earth would you try to make it so that people have trouble understanding what you type....unless you really don't want them to understand you in the first place?

Anyway, I'm sorry. But that just happens to be the way I feel about it....What do you think? ....Subtle huh?
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

I typed 'immortality' into Ovid (university associated science paper search engine) and about 75% of the results were about telomeres. Seems like at the moment they're the way to go... as long as you can avoid the cancer of course .

In SG universe perhaps the best ways to achieve immortality would be 1) to reverse engineer sarcophagus technology and improve it. OR 2) genetically modify humans to have ancient genes (if you can find them) that allow long life spans.

Comment

Working...
                                X