Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I knew these two threads were very similar!

If the gates constantly energized neutrinos and stored them, I guarantee something would end up blowing up.

If you had been listening, nintendos pass through EVERYTHING. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      See, I knew these two threads were very similar!

If the gates constantly energized neutrinos and stored them, I guarantee something would end up blowing up.

If you had been listening, nintendos pass through EVERYTHING. lol.

Owen Macri
      I had thought before about how the gates might possibly be powered and them being powered by neutrinos was one of my ideas. No backing or reason to believe of course, it just seemed like an idea.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
        I had thought before about how the gates might possibly be powered and them being powered by neutrinos was one of my ideas. No backing or reason to believe of course, it just seemed like an idea.
        I have always thought that the gate could absorb any energy types that interact with it, so would a gate absorb solar radiation? Could the gate system be a massive solar array? The majority of gates appear to be outside. Perhaps this was so that the gates could supliment their power source. Just a thought.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see why not, but I don't see you getting past chevron one with even a year's solar energy...
          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

The gate can use electrons for a power supply as demonstrated by the SGC as they use basic power generation to power the gate and in the episonde, sorry i can't remember the name but they discovered that the original scientists had activated the gate and sent Ernest Littlefield through and SG-1 had to rescue him. They used a lightning bolt to power the gate demonstrating that it can use electrons as power.

It can also use other types of energy demonstrated when they dialed the blackhole planet. although they disabled the power to the gate through the SGC it was still able to be powered by the energy emmited by the blackhole.

Comment

i thought that the Atlantis is the lost city why was there only 3 ZPMS in Atlantis there should be back ups but no they seem to go and get them and like in the episode the brotherhood they find a zpm and the take it form them

Post By Pro_2.0 (01haileyg)

Comment

I still believe there are no backups because the Ancients were not wasteful. They simply "recharged" them by locking onto a diffrent region of subspacetime.

Owen Macri

Comment

if they simply locked onto a new part of subspacetime, shouldn't the atlantis expedition be able to so the same thing? They have all the same technology the ancients had when they left Atlantis so why can't the atlantis expedition do the same thing?

Comment

Because using a photocopier is easier than repairing one.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Star_Lord
                      if they simply locked onto a new part of subspacetime, shouldn't the atlantis expedition be able to so the same thing? They have all the same technology the ancients had when they left Atlantis so why can't the atlantis expedition do the same thing?
                      They probably can, especially, with the Ancient technology, which is readily available to them, in Atlantis. They probably just don't know how.

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                      Because using a photocopier is easier than repairing one.
                      Not necesarilly, the Ancients knew the devices would eventually reach maximum entropy, and it would be better, easier, and more conservant to simply reset a Zero Point Module, rather than throwing away a perfectly good shell that will hypothetically still work, while you can simply reset the ones that run out of power. You would not be wasting a Zero Point Module shell, and you would not have to make a whole knew one.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        Not necesarilly, the Ancients knew the devices would eventually reach maximum entropy, and it would be better, easier, and more conservant to simply reset a Zero Point Module, rather than throwing away a perfectly good shell that will hypothetically still work, while you can simply reset the ones that run out of power. You would not be wasting a Zero Point Module shell, and you would not have to make a whole knew one.

Owen Macri
                        Not really anything to do with what I said. I said it was easier to use a photocopier than to repair one. Implication: They know how to use the ZPM but haven't yet figured out how to repair/reset one. I was talking about the Atlantis crew, not the Ancients themselves.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                        X