Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just like travling faster then the speed of light so in theory you could end up in an alternet reality my fav movie on that thought of sapce travel is Event Horizons its a great Sci-fi movie
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
      ok lets see is Stephen Hawking enough of a leading physist for you
      Namedropping is pointless if you can't back it up. For the record though, I just googled Stephen Hawking +subspace and all I got were pages and pages of results about the time he appeared on Star Trek.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Well I havent read it in a few years but im pretty sure Universe in a Nutshell covers it but also i just reread hyperspace a month ago so i know that covers it so if oyu doubt Hawking then Kaku. Honestly i dont think you can contest subspace as a scientific theory
        My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Well I havent read it in a few years but im pretty sure Universe in a Nutshell covers it but also i just reread hyperspace a month ago so i know that covers it so if oyu doubt Hawking then Kaku
          Kaku's Hyperspace, if you had read it correctly, deals with the proposed microscopic dimensions of our own spacetime sometimes referred to as Kaluza-Klein space. Had you understood the book, you'd know that the same laws of physics that apply here, also apply there. They are not a magical and mystical place we can go to avoid the light speed limit. They are just very small regions of the same everyday space we occupy whilst going about our daily lives.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Yes but it does atleast breifly mention subspace when going into the whole infinite number of universes and wormholes part, and subspace isnt magical nor mystical it is merely the space between universe of which there are an infinite number

Comment

Yes but it does atleast breifly mention subspace when going into the whole infinite number of universes and wormholes part, and subspace isnt magical nor mystical it is merely the space between universe of which there are an infinite number
              And if it is not magical nor mystical, why is it bandied around like a place where one can travel faster than light?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

hmmm well i would hardly call it bandied and there are multiple theories on how subspace works but most dont imply that matter can travel faster than light there just happens to be less space between two points in the universe in subspace so oyu could get to the other side of a galaxy in seconds (the gate itself) if you had read hyperspace you would have heard the crumpled ball of paper explaination

Comment

hmmm well i would hardly call it bandied and there are multiple theories on how subspace works but most dont imply that matter can travel faster than light there just happens to be less space between two points in the universe in subspace so oyu could get to the other side of a galaxy in seconds (the gate itself) if you had read hyperspace you would have heard the crumpled ball of paper explaination
                  I read Hyperspace in 2001. My apologies if I was a little rude to you, you do appear to be smarter than I gave you credit for. My frustration is aimed at those who babble on using words like hyperspace and such with absolutely no scientific reason.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Yes, well with any show you will get people who tend to be much like trekkies that develop a science based on the show, but i recomend Hyperspace and Universe in a Nutshell to anyone who is interested in the real science stargate is based on. But there are changes the Stargate writers made to these theories such as the energy requirements to open a wormhole, earth couldn't power their gate with all all the power the entire planet produces. It would take the harnessed power of an entire universe, and some even say it would take the energy created by the collapse of a universe, please realize that there is a difference between SciFi and real science.

And phd you are one of the few people on here who pays any attention to the real science so i salute you.

Comment

Yes, well with any show you will get people who tend to be much like trekkies that develop a science based on the show, but i recomend Hyperspace and Universe in a Nutshell to anyone who is interested in the real science stargate is based on. But there are changes the Stargate writers made to these theories such as the energy requirements to open a wormhole, earth couldn't power their gate with all all the power the entire planet produces. It would take the harnessed power of an entire universe, and some even say it would take the energy created by the collapse of a universe, please realize that there is a difference between SciFi and real science.

And phd you are one of the few people on here who pays any attention to the real science so i salute you.
                      Just a small amount of negative energy would be required to inflate a naturally occurring wormhole to usable standards.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

but even that much negative energy would by hard to come by, but the plus side to negative enrgy is it would create a two way wormhole. But in the entire stargate negative energy hasnt been discuss so i doubt the ancients were even able to even create but i dont really know much about anti-matter anto-gravity or negative energy (there really isnt much to read on the subject)

Comment

ok science fiction shows did not create subspace it was fundimentally theorized by einstein when he theorized that there were an infinite number oh universe for every possible out come and everypossible moment in time
                          BZZZT. Subspace was, in fact, created by science fiction. Gene Roddenberry, to be precise. You will not find any references to subspace on any media but Trek and SG-1 websites. Look up the Wiki definition if you don't believe me.
                          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Ah yes so all of those books i read that i bought out of the physics section, were accidentally placed there when they should have been in the science fiction section. Subspace is simply the space betweem universes, and you cant deny that there multiple theories on multiple universes andmost of those include atleast a brief explanation of subspace.

[sarcasm]Ok and many sceintific theories get blown off at first so I dont mind, I mean look at what happen to that Darwin guy and that Bull**** he called evolution, i personally beleive the Orii created all life.[/sarcasm]
                            Last edited by Gargen; 22 August 2005, 05:58 PM.

Comment

[sarcasm]Ok and many sceintific theories get blown off at first so I dont mind, I mean look at what happen to that Darwin guy and that Bull**** he called evolution, i personally beleive the Orii created all life.[/sarcasm]
                              The wit in that statement was positively palpable. I prostrate myself before the worlds' greatest living satirist. I'm still smarting from the deftly delivered, wickedly derisive, multi-faceted, cuttingly acerbic... mmm I'm done now.

Ah yes so all of those books i read that i bought out of the physics section, were accidentally placed there when they should have been in the science fiction section. Subspace is simply the space betweem universes, and you cant deny that there multiple theories on multiple universes andmost of those include atleast a brief explanation of subspace.
                              "All those books?" Can you name one of them or quote page, paragraph and passage where the word "subspace" is contained, not to mention any reference to the "space between infinite universes"?
                              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                                Is subspace real or fiction?
                                If so what is it? how does it work?
                                A solid answer is, within the Stargate universe, subspace is real.

Basically, (please not from here on I refer to events within the Stargate universe) subspace is... very very difficult to explain. Subspace is basically, here, all around us, if you reach your arm out infront of you, your arm is both above, below, infront, behind, subspace, as well subspace continues right into your arm. Subspace is basically, inside, normal space. Hypothetically you can cut the fabric of space time and have a "portal" to subspace.

We have many ideas on how subspace works. If you would like to know more, just ask.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X