Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600 percent, oh, damn memory, wonder where I got 200X from.
    A CVN is one of the USN's carriers, but they are not turbo electric, the main turbines are connected to the propellers through gearboxes, only the power from the generators would be available, and thats a lot less than a typical civilian power station, 10's of megawatts versus gigawatts. A general lost enough naquada to make a BC, in order to make the superconducting cable from the nearest naval base, San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      A "ZPM Type" power source would probably still use ZPE and therefore be a ZPM=))
      ahwell, no harm in theorising , its all just speculation anyway
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

In what episode did they use a CVN to power the gate?

Sure you didn't read this in a fanfic, because I usually remember all these things, and I have no idea what you're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
          A general lost enough naquada to make a BC, in order to make the superconducting cable from the nearest naval base, San Diego?
          ???, im lost (which is not unusual for me, lol)

Comment

Just reread the transcript for Letters from Pegasus.
            Theye never used the ZPM.

FORD: No, ma'am. I'm suggesting we take their Z.P.M.

WEIR: Their only means of protection from the Wraith? A planet populated mostly by children?

McKAY: He raises a valid point. We've already established that the ZedPM is nearly depleted, but it could be of some limited use to us.

FORD: You asked for suggestions. It's a matter of survival.

WEIR: I see. Well, we're not quite there yet, and as long as I'm in charge, we will never be there.

They used the naquadah generators.

McKAY: I think we can send a message back to Earth through the Stargate.

BECKETT: Excuse me?!

WEIR: I thought we didn't have enough power.

McKAY: Not to send a person, no. We'd never be able to maintain the wormhole long enough. But I think if we were able to tie together all of our power-generating capabilities, we might -- and I emphasise might -- be able to establish a wormhole long enough to send a message.

SHEPPARD: How much time are we talking about?

McKAY: Well, approximately, uh, one point three seconds, give or take.

BECKETT: That's not much time.

FORD: Time enough to say, "S.O.S."!

McKAY: Don't be so analogue! One point three seconds is more than enough time to send a message if it's in the form of a high compression data burst. Now, I helped refine the encoding for the US Air Force a few years back. Colonel Carter should be able to, uh, decipher it on the other side.

SHEPPARD: You're suggesting this now?

McKAY: Because it probably won't work, and there's a very good chance it could overload our naqahdah generators in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
              Just reread the transcript for Letters from Pegasus.
              Theye never used the ZPM.

FORD: No, ma'am. I'm suggesting we take their Z.P.M.

WEIR: Their only means of protection from the Wraith? A planet populated mostly by children?

McKAY: He raises a valid point. We've already established that the ZedPM is nearly depleted, but it could be of some limited use to us.

FORD: You asked for suggestions. It's a matter of survival.

WEIR: I see. Well, we're not quite there yet, and as long as I'm in charge, we will never be there.

They used the naquadah generators.

McKAY: I think we can send a message back to Earth through the Stargate.

BECKETT: Excuse me?!

WEIR: I thought we didn't have enough power.

McKAY: Not to send a person, no. We'd never be able to maintain the wormhole long enough. But I think if we were able to tie together all of our power-generating capabilities, we might -- and I emphasise might -- be able to establish a wormhole long enough to send a message.

SHEPPARD: How much time are we talking about?

McKAY: Well, approximately, uh, one point three seconds, give or take.

BECKETT: That's not much time.

FORD: Time enough to say, "S.O.S."!

McKAY: Don't be so analogue! One point three seconds is more than enough time to send a message if it's in the form of a high compression data burst. Now, I helped refine the encoding for the US Air Force a few years back. Colonel Carter should be able to, uh, decipher it on the other side.

SHEPPARD: You're suggesting this now?

McKAY: Because it probably won't work, and there's a very good chance it could overload our naqahdah generators in the process.
              Im pretty sure they used the ZPM, not the one from childhoods end, they wouldnt take that one, the ZPM that was there from the beggining had a little bit of juice left over which let them open the wormhole to earth for 1.5 seconds, if possible could you send me the transcript in a pm, well im gona watch that ep now, cause this will annoy me unless i find out which is right... lol

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                ok we ships that can power sheilds weaponsand a hole bunch of other stuff
                so y cant we make another one of the power sorcies that power the ships and use it to power the gate for dialing to peagisis
                Yes, the power required to make an eight chevron lock is much more than we use to power our ships.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X