Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it the mk9 or the mk4 cause IV stands for 4 if you want 9 then it will be eather VIIII or IX

Comment

It is the Mark 9 / IX Immhotep made a spelling mistake
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

ok just making shure

Comment

About F***ing time we got an energy weapon!!!!
          Geeze, and I was just wondering if they completely cancelled that project that felger was working on..I hope we see that strange guy again, i love the models he had in his house, i wouldn't mind some of my own...
          Anyway, hurray for new weapons!
          I wish that side-NID thing had stayed up, we could of had sooo muhc more technology by now. *Sigh* ooh well, the SGC (and now Atlantis) has done quite well technologicly so far

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

i thoght this was all a theory

Comment

The weapon appears in the next ep 'Beachhead'
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

ooooooooooh ok my bad

Comment

Felgar was working on a DEW, not a missile, the Mk9 could be Carter's handiwork.
                  Our missiles have the power, but need to get to the target to be effective, I hope a way has been found to facilitate that.
                  Personally, as the ship to ship battles seem to at distance of 10's of Km max, a railgun launched warhead traveling at 10Kps for a secondary weapon, or 100Kps for a primary weapon would do it. We need the flight time to be no more than a second to prevent countermeasures from stopping it. We can do this with todays tech, the current problem is severe wear of the rails and the large power requirements. With Naquagah power generation and Naquadah / Trinium rails that problem is history.
                  Bring on the BIG guns. Picture the Daedalus with multiple turreted 127mm RG's rapid firing (round per second) 50Kg HEAP shells with naquadah / potassium explosive cores containing about 10Kg of naquadah, about 7.5Mt yeild, at 10Kps. (I have worked out a naquadah yeild of about 750Kt per Kg, will put in another post) For a primary weapon, picture a spinal RG long enough to impart 100+Kps velocity to a HEAP 1000mm 3000Kg projectile with a W-88 nuclear core with 1500Kg of naquadah to enhance it, 1.2Gts. And for long range the new Mk9 missiles launched from their VLS by RG tech to give them the initial acceleration to at least 1Kps. Wonder if we can fit a Goa'uld or Asgard cloak as well
                  Felgars DEW would compliment the current RG CIWS with the advantage of not running out of projectiles. It would also make a suitable F302 primary cannon, even if we had to throw in a Mk2 generator to power it. If it can be sized up, then we have another capital ship weapon to add to our fleet.
                  Last edited by EnigmaNZ; 19 August 2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
                    Felgar was working on a DEW, not a missile, the Mk9 could be Carter's handiwork.
                    Our missiles have the power, but need to get to the target to be effective, I hope a way has been found to facilitate that.
                    Personally, as the ship to ship battles seem to at distance of 10's of Km max, a railgun launched warhead traveling at 10Kps for a secondary weapon, or 100Kps for a primary weapon would do it. We need the flight time to be no more than a second to prevent countermeasures from stopping it. We can do this with todays tech, the current problem is severe wear of the rails and the large power requirements. With Naquagah power generation and Naquadah / Trinium rails that problem is history.
                    Bring on the BIG guns. Picture the Daedalus with multiple turreted 127mm RG's rapid firing (round per second) 50Kg HEAP shells with naquadah / potassium explosive cores containing about 10Kg of naquadah, about 7.5Mt yeild, at 10Kps. (I have worked out a naquadah yeild of about 750Kt per Kg, will put in another post) For a primary weapon, picture a spinal RG long enough to impart 100+Kps velocity to a HEAP 1000mm 3000Kg projectile with a W-88 nuclear core with 1500Kg of naquadah to enhance it, 1.2Gts. And for long range the new Mk9 missiles launched from their VLS by RG tech to give them the initial acceleration to at least 1Kps. Wonder if we can fit a Goa'uld or Asgard cloak as well
                    With current real life technology the Navy is aiming for 3 Km/s, and that's the upper limit with current alloys.

My calculations of Naquadah puts its power at 80Kt/kg. 2-3Gt for a charged 30 metric tonne Stargate.

I can't remember at which speed a missile's warhead would become useless due to the kinetic energy. Perhaps Lord Sokar could provide this information, if he has it.

Either way I personally don't like warheads in space. Same goes for nukes. I'd much rather have that nuclear material providing additional power to the vessel.

EDIT: Found an interesting link reg. current thinking about space defense
                    EDIT2: Might help if I include the link: http://www.fas.org/spp/eprint/article05.html
                    Last edited by aAnubiSs; 19 August 2005, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Played with this for another forum.

In a perfect reaction (with in reality is not achieved)
                      1Kg of uranium fissions and loses about 0.1% of it's mass to produce a 19.8Kt (of TNT) explosion,
                      1Kg of deuterium and tritium fusions and loses about 0.5% of it's mass to produce a 58Kt explosion.
                      1Kg of matter/antimatter annihilates 100% of it's mass to produce a 22Mt explosion.

When the statement was made in the show that naquada would increase the explosive yeild 100 fold, was that referring to all weapons, or that particular weapon. It seems strange that the increase was 100 X regardless of the ammount used, personally I think it was referring to a particular weapon type, which used X mass of naquada to increase yield 100 fold. After all, if we added 1 Kg to enhance the yield, it is going to produce less bang than if we added 100 Kg.

Naquada is more powerful than fusion, but less so than M/AM, I would hazard a guess that the 1.2Gt mine shown in Atlantis weighed several tons at the most, if the nuclear core was a multimegaton device, then that alone is going to weigh about 4 to 6 tons, plus the naquada makes for a heavy device, that they were pushing around relatively easy on trollies. That really rules out a big nuke, a 0.5Mt nuke weighs about 800 pounds and is about 21 inches in diameter and about 68 inches long, which seems more likely, the warhead on the lastest US missiles, W-88. (The B-83 bomb has a max yield of 1.2Mt and is 18 inches in diameter, 145 inches long and weighs 2400 pound, over a ton, and it is 12 feet long! The 20 Mt warhead on the Russian Satan missile had a 20 Gt yield, was about 5 meters long and weighed about 7 tons) Add the naquada, say 1500Kg at the most, to make the bomb as mobile as it was shown to be in SG Atlantis.

That would make;
                      1Kg of naquada discharges/disrupts to produce about a 750Kt yeild. That probably works in seeing the yeild of the overloaded generator in Atlantis which probably contains 50 - 100 grams of the stuff at the most, plus all the wizardry necessary to turn it into usable energy. Using the above guess, 50 grams equals a 38Kt blast, which looks about right, certainly no more, though I'm no expert. And as always, purely speculative. But it gives a rough and ready basis.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa...s/Allbombs.html

Comment

The question is however, should we use all the scetchy information about naquadah, or should we use the only real numbers we've gotten. The only time the power of a pure naquadah source exploding has been stated was in Redemption, which was 2-3Gt for a 30 tonne gate. AFAIK these are the only cannon numbers we've gotten that doesn't include any other explosive.

Comment

Ok, but SG's have shown themselves to be very resilent when targeted, weapons grade naquadah would prosumably be more energetic. The big problem with 80Kt to the Kg is the ammount required for the 1.2Gt mines, and the missile warheads, about 15 tons of naquadah. They were not half the size of the gate, and no US missile can lift that kind of mass. Even the giant Russian Satan ICBM, had a throw weight of about 9 tons.

Comment

Bugger, just rewatched Seige 2, those 1200Mt enhanced nukes were small, perhaps 0.75m wide and 1 to 1.5m long. That ups the yield per Kg of weapon's grade naquadah well above what I thought.
                            Just looked at a W-88 cutaway, the RV is 68 x 21 inches, but the bomb core is much smaller, about 23 x 11 inches for 475Kt. We need to boost it's yeild 3000 times to make up our 1.2Gt, and it looks like no more than maybe a few hundred Kg of naquadah are involved. That makes weapon's grade naquadah more like 3.750Mt yield per Kg minimum.
                            http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/w88.htm

Comment

im confused it says mark iv which is 4 but people are calling it a mark 9 which would be ix

Comment

yeah i already stated that its a type o

Comment

Working...
                                X