if u could name a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scout ship called 'Hermes'

A science vessel called 'The Tapping' Hotness!!

They should try to takeover the Goa'uld Station from 'Summit', turn it into a mobile battle platform and call it the 'The Abydos'

Comment

How about The Dominus, The Celox, The Aeneas and The Priam??

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
        The Asgard are Norse, the Goa'uld are ancient Egyptian,.
        I have to disagree with the whole goa'uld are Ancient Egyptian thing. What about Chronus (Greek) and Nirti (Indian - which I might add is supposed to be a bloke)

But if I could name a ship it would be
        Alexander as in "the Great"

Sorry to anyone who has posted this name already.

Comment

Atlas

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, if so forgive me, if not Atlas was the brother of Prometheus and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Okay another idea is the "Botany Bay" although many might recognise that one.

Another is Australis - why should all the ships be greek or American?

Aurora is the name of the ship used to start the Russian Revolution. The Aurora sailed up the river to the winter palace and laid seige on it with the Russian royal family inside. Of course Ausrora has been used already i think (haven't seen season 2 yet)

Another could be "Peace Maker" for semi-obvious reasons

Another - more a diplomatic ship I suppose could be called "Unity"
          Last edited by Nathan; 18 October 2005, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I still say the Hammond, He deserves it.
            I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
            so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
            But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
            Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
            GW My home away from home....
            My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
              Indeed! ... actually that (indeed) would be kind of a neat name.

Comment

i think we should name one "triakis" and atlas i think would be a good name cause the word on the street is were getting one called the
                Spoiler:
                ethon which is the bird that ate prommies liver
                hehehehehehehe i just did that so u guys would have to high light it mwahahahahahahah

Comment

Here are some names I quite fancy...
                  The Trust, the Euclidean, the Vengeance, the Redemption, the Richatov *<----Russian* More names to come eventually...

Edit:Keys, I added the Ethon as one of the Daedalus class ships in my fanfic, just for you I hope it might fill some kind of small void?
                  Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 19 October 2005, 04:08 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
                    Lol, I think everyone who has posted here agrees on that idea. Hammond should have a ship named after him! A really big one!

Comment

What about the "Janet Fraiser" or "Jacob Carter"? ... I could just keep going untill all the good characters that have been killed off have a ship named after them...

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
                        What about the "Janet Fraiser" or "Jacob Carter"? ... I could just keep going untill all the good characters that have been killed off have a ship named after them...
                        lol, characters that have been killed off, now that would be a big fleet!

Comment

Manwe
                          Ulmo
                          Aule
                          Orome
                          Mandos
                          Lorien
                          Tulkas
                          Varda
                          Yavanna
                          Nienna
                          Este
                          Vaire
                          Vana
                          Nessa

The Argo, The Juggernaught, The Kelas, The Cerberus, The Phalanx, The Furix, The Pheonix.

Carriers:
                          The Jormungand, Tiamat, The Fenris, The Baelrog, The Garm, The Surtur

Comment

Hey the storm weaver quite the list! The Baelrog, as in LotR fiery monster? And the Juggernaught, rings a bell and maybe it's obvious but I can't think of it.
                            I think Borealis would be cool. Or Corona, as in Corona Borealis the constelation. Means Northern Crown. (I don't mean name it after the beer!)
                            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2

Edit:Keys, I added the Ethon as one of the Daedalus class ships in my fanfic, just for you I hope it might fill some kind of small void?
                              yes its made my day .....lol

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
                                Hey the storm weaver quite the list! The Baelrog, as in LotR fiery monster? And the Juggernaught, rings a bell and maybe it's obvious but I can't think of it.
                                I think Borealis would be cool. Or Corona, as in Corona Borealis the constelation. Means Northern Crown. (I don't mean name it after the beer!)
                                No actually, but that would be a good one too. Bealrog is from norse mythology, all the ones listed as carriers are norse, except Tiamat, she's Babylonian. And the vertical list (from Manwe to Nessa) is LotR, they are the Valar. Juggernaught is kind of a term for anything really big and powerfull. But it was also a class of Orc Warship in WarCraft II.

Comment

Working...
                                X