This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need some big honking space guns.

Those piddly rail guns and slow as a turtle missiles just don't do the job.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I think US should let other countries build ship in line with prometheus while they build ship in line with the daedauls...

Comment

I think in the real world IF ships like the Daedelus and Prometheus were built as rapidly and with as much advanced tech as they have, it would effectivly end terrorism and despotic regimes like North Korea and Iran...
        Just think about it... we could use the little asgard beamer to grab the entire Iranian islamic ruling council, bring them up to the prom and read them the riot act and send them back. right where they were sitting. If they even tried to say what happened to them people would think they were mad men. At the same time we could beam all their military harware and suicide bombers into space Ala 'ex dues machina'
        its interesting to think of the fun things you could do

Comment

Originally posted by ray245
          I think US should let other countries build ship in line with prometheus while they build ship in line with the daedauls...
          no, build ships for other countries, then sell them for a small porfit (say 100%), then use the money to build more ships of their own

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1
            a carrier ship?
            well something of that size will be difficult to create and difficult to hide (unless built offworld)
            but an asgard ship isnt actually that big

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
              but an asgard ship isnt actually that big
              R u kidding???? Asgard ships r huge at least 5 or 6 times bigger than any earth vessel and double the size of a ha'tak.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                R u kidding???? Asgard ships r huge at least 5 or 6 times bigger than any earth vessel and double the size of a ha'tak.
                not to meantion all that tech and weapons on them

Comment

Im interested in some sort of explaination as to how they are pumping out ships so fast, i mean we dont even make naval vessels that fast, so that leads me to beleive that there at least has to be some multinational cooperation to produce the ships this fast.

On another note im sure that they are concentrating on making battle cruisers now because of the multi-roles they can accomidate and are of a moderate size. Ill almost bet they make all out warships and even carrier type ships and even light cruisers. in essence an actual space navy. ill bet that for now though the current class is the most practical and only having 3 ships is pretty pathetic in comparison to other space faring races.

As far as naming ships for all i care they could name em BFS 1 BFS 2 and so on. however i can accept the debates into the meaning of a name of a ship and i know that sailors from way back have attached the fate of a certain ship to a name. bascially im saying i have no stand on names of a ship as long as it has one.

and as us having the onyl ones im almost fairly certain that there is a multi national crew on each of the ships, and that the stargate program, while being mainly a US led program, operates independently of the actual military. im sure if there were a war they wouldnt use any of the ships for any sort of attack, possibly may use for humanitarian reasons but surely not for a military purpose. though i love the image in my head of oh theres some terrorists lets beam em up. id love to see the look on their faces. can almost make a mastercard comercial out of that.

developing earths space battle ships $2 trillion
                  hiding development from the general public $1.5 billion
                  installing asguard tech 1 asguard onboard
                  to observe
                  the look on terrorists faces when beamed aboard said battle ship ....................... priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_traveler
                    Im interested in some sort of explaination as to how they are pumping out ships so fast, i mean we dont even make naval vessels that fast, so that leads me to beleive that there at least has to be some multinational cooperation to produce the ships this fast.

On another note im sure that they are concentrating on making battle cruisers now because of the multi-roles they can accomidate and are of a moderate size. Ill almost bet they make all out warships and even carrier type ships and even light cruisers. in essence an actual space navy. ill bet that for now though the current class is the most practical and only having 3 ships is pretty pathetic in comparison to other space faring races.

As far as naming ships for all i care they could name em BFS 1 BFS 2 and so on. however i can accept the debates into the meaning of a name of a ship and i know that sailors from way back have attached the fate of a certain ship to a name. bascially im saying i have no stand on names of a ship as long as it has one.

and as us having the onyl ones im almost fairly certain that there is a multi national crew on each of the ships, and that the stargate program, while being mainly a US led program, operates independently of the actual military. im sure if there were a war they wouldnt use any of the ships for any sort of attack, possibly may use for humanitarian reasons but surely not for a military purpose. though i love the image in my head of oh theres some terrorists lets beam em up. id love to see the look on their faces. can almost make a mastercard comercial out of that.

developing earths space battle ships $2 trillion
                    hiding development from the general public $1.5 billion
                    installing asguard tech 1 asguard onboard
                    to observe
                    the look on terrorists faces when beamed aboard said battle ship ....................... priceless!
                    Asgard probably have given us the tech they use to build their ships

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit

hes right, build a ship the size of an asgard ship and you got a mothership right there

can be used to carry BC-303s over great distances (galactic wise)

i would like to see variations of ships made, see what turns up

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1
                        hes right, build a ship the size of an asgard ship and you got a mothership right there

can be used to carry BC-303s over great distances (galactic wise)

i would like to see variations of ships made, see what turns up
                        i think cargo/people frieghters would be made next

Comment

Yes exactly, a tauri replica of the puddle jumper would be awesome to fit that role. However it would have to look like an industrialised version of the puddle jumper, sort of like how they reverse engineered the death glider to make the X-302 which made it into production as the F-302

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                            Yes exactly, a tauri replica of the puddle jumper would be awesome to fit that role. However it would have to look like an industrialised version of the puddle jumper, sort of like how they reverse engineered the death glider to make the X-302 which made it into production as the F-302
                            the only problem i can see is how they can replicate the technology in the PJ, maybe the asgard would help
                            BTW the tauri replica of the PJ would have to be named PJ-301, to give it the Shep effect

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              the only problem i can see is how they can replicate the technology in the PJ, maybe the asgard would help
                              BTW the tauri replica of the PJ would have to be named PJ-301, to give it the Shep effect
                              I don't think it should be too hard, I mean they've had a good year plus of playing with the puddle jumpers so they know how they tick.

Thats why they call it backwards engineering, you start with the end product... study it and then replicate the ideas with your own technology.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                                I don't think it should be too hard, I mean they've had a good year plus of playing with the puddle jumpers so they know how they tick.

Thats why they call it backwards engineering, you start with the end product... study it and then replicate the ideas with your own technology.
                                its reverse engineering
                                and we can't replicate the ancient stuff with our own technology, just like we cant back up the ancient database onto our harddrives

Comment

Working...
                                X