Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the wormhole itself is completley capable of sending matter and energy both ways. If matter crosses the event horizon, it will be dematerialized, whether it will be transmitted through the wormhole depends on which Stargate is dematerializing the matter. Energy, however, can be sent both ways seeing as it is not dematerialized.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ok...

And?
      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

And what? That was it. lol. Is there something else you would like to know?

Owen Macri

Comment

No, why did you tell us that? I explained why the remote gates redem curtain (a coinage of mine that's now remarkably prolific in the fandom), they call it an event horizon but it's nothing of the sort, is impermeable to object on the receiving end.

Comment

It is not impermeable, you can pass through it, but it will not transmit you through the wormhole.

Owen Macri

Comment

Curses, yes you're right.

Comment

It is allright I know what you meant, it was just the wrong word.

Owen Macri

Comment

i think that it doesnt matter which side you go to shouldnt the acients thought of that and fixed the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                    No, I would tend to believe that the de and rematerialization is available for both event horizons, but only the dialing gate can send energy through the wormhole.
                    Owen Macri
                    I swear I said that...:

Originally posted by cozzerob
                    We know that when a connection has been established only one of the gates can send matter through the worm hole and one can receive. However, this doesn't mean that either end is excluded from de-matting or -re-matting matter. We've seen on countless occasions ppl put their hands through the gate and then take it out again. That hand doesn't come out of the other side so it must have been de-matted. however, when you pull it out again, it is re-matted. So both ends can perform both actions, but you can only send matter through the wormhole one way.
                    Basically, you would just pass through to the other side. the alternatives dont make sense, ie, death - the ancients were too advanced for that + it contradicts evidence from several episodes, and a forcefield would have been mentioned by now. Passing through ids the only logical explanation. If you disagree or don't see why then read my last two posts. Then ask questions. Thankyou, take care and goodnight (although it's still afternoon here...).
                    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                      Radio signals are bidirectional, both gates are clearly capable of sending things through what is clearly a bidirectional wormhole, for reasons unknown the Ancients prohibited matter travelling from the destination to the origin. It hardly makes sense that they'd allow people to step behind the redem curtain. I believe that it's impermeable.
                      It was more than likely a safety feature to stop lots of unpleasantness flying through into the dialing out location on a world they hadn't been to in a while.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

If it kills you when you walk through the wrong side why didn't the Ancients put a big wall or iris type thing to stop you from dieing?

Comment

While theories abound as to why the kawoosh fails completely to affect the iris yet forms a wormhole nonetheless, the reason it does not destroy the ramp is clear.

When one views the kawoosh from the side, it becomes clear that about a foot into the gate's diameter a jiggly (horrible word) sort of event horizon is formed (which stabilizes into its usual blue rippling state when the kawoosh flies back into the gate), and THEN the kawoosh flies out. In short, the vortex never touches the ramp.
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer
                            If it kills you when you walk through the wrong side why didn't the Ancients put a big wall or iris type thing to stop you from dieing?
                            It looks waaay cooler this way?
                            [email protected]
                            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                            One nation under dog
                            There of which I stand alone
                            A face in the crowd
                            Unsung, against the mold
                            Without a doubt
                            Singled out
                            The only way I know

Comment

That is actually a very good idea, instead of just a ring, a ring with a wall down the back. I guess they decided a ring looked coooler.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X