This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but does anyone have any numbers?

"Fools! Don't you realize yet, you're up against the Perfect weapon?!"-Perfect Cell

"Those wounds look painful...I'm sure this makes them BURN!"-Perfect Cell

Comment

I am sorry, since nothing was specifically mentioned in Stargate, I don't think we could come up with any. Sorry.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
        Well what if the energy was routed to the gun, that the Kull warrior has, that little finger thing
        that could work. Could it not?

Yes. Though it would mean that the operation of the weapon requires people to shoot it which, admittedly, is hardly significant, but when the storage capacity is almost exhausted it'd have to shoot at nothing for a while.
        Well, what could happen is the gun could also have a power source dedicated to it, and the energy input into the suit could just be extra, it could be routed into a buffer and then fed into the power source.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          Well, what could happen is the gun could also have a power source dedicated to it, and the energy input into the suit could just be extra, it could be routed into a buffer and then fed into the power source.

Owen Macri
          If you add a power source then you are in the same position you were to begin with.
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

True, but not completley. With a power source, yes the energy would remain within the suit but it would be converted then used to power the weapon that the kull warrior posses, so while the power won't immediatly leave the suit, it still will eventually, and if it is stored properly it is not a problem.

Owen Macri

Comment

That is precisely the the original position. Regardless of what form it's in, the energy is still in the system. I'll refer you to my initial posts for my reply.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't see your point. The energy is disapated, through the weapon, perhaps over a longer period of time, but still eventually dissapated.

Owen Macri

Comment

My point was always that obviously the energy must be dissapated but that it takes so long that over the time frames we're considering it may as well not even be considered. BTW, if there is a power source feeding the gun the reservoir holding the waste energy will never discharge.

Comment

Ok, you have good points, however, as we may as well not even consider it, it still is. And the power source will eventually lessen and die, which is when the back up power, or the resevoir of waste energy as you called it, will be used.

Owen Macri

Comment

So the point of having the power cell... is? The reservoir will only dischage when the battery is flat, in the meantime the Kull will have melted.

Comment

The point of having the power cell is so the Kull Warrior can still fire its' weapon without having to be fired on first.

Well, then instead whenever energy is stored in the resevoir, the power source for the weapon automatically switches to the resevoir, until there is no energy left in it. When the energy in the resevoir is depleted, it will switch back to the power cell.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well, then instead whenever energy is stored in the resevoir, the power source for the weapon automatically switches to the resevoir, until there is no energy left in it.
                          In which case the power cell is still reacting and contributing just as much energy to the system.

Comment

Perhaps the power cell could store energy like a battery, no so much "creating" it, but storing a limited amount and then using it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                            X