Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-302 have four missiles and some kind of machine guns mounted near the nose.
    These weapons are a recent addition, since they were not present in the whole SG-1 7th season.

AscendedTimes2.0 says that there's also a naqahdriah based hyperdrive there.
    Well, I doubt it. It has never worked properly and proved utterly useless safe for very specific missions.
    There's therefore no reason why the hyperdrive would still be there, though I guess it still can be mounted. However, they probably kept their payload of naqahdriah.
    Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 14 December 2005, 08:31 AM.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      Uh, IR = Light. You need a material that is transparent to IR, which is usually glass.
      Have a look at the motion detectors on your lights or alarm systems...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by MarineCorp
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ANT%5F566.html

Anyones know what those things sticking out of the F302 are?
        Most likely they're air data sensors...most military aircraft are fly-by-wire (i.e. highly computerised), as their designs are extremely unstable which improves manueverability--they can only be controlled with a high degree of computer intervention. The computers use the ADS's to help determine atmospheric properties ahead of/around the aircraft and help in making the calculations necessary to control said aircraft.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
          Probably not. I don't see any "window" for the sensor to look though.
          Could be the TCS then, I just remember one of them were the IR sensor.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-chinpods.htm

Comment

i believe the F-302 has the guns like the ones used in the siege part 2, and they would fit because u think they are big but then compared to the f-302, it would look fairly fittable methinks
            ------------------------------

Comment

Intruder shows the F-302 have some sort of gun. What type idk, but it "sounded" like the rail guns used in Siege Part 2. Makes logistical sense since the F-302's gun and the BC-304's CIWS can share a common ammo.
              Last edited by SP90; 23 April 2006, 08:02 AM.

Comment

, i concur that they do sound remarkably the same...

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                  Intruder shows the F-302 have some sort of gun. What type idk, but it "sounded" like the rail guns used in Siege Part 2. Makes logistical sense since the F-302's gun and the BC-304's CIWS can share a common ammo.
                  In space, there's no medium which sound can travel through. In other words, ignore the sound effects in space; they're not supposed to be there.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

yup...they need to add more missiles though, all that space down the middle of the fuselage you can fit 2 more down there...In Allies we see that our missile are VERY effective against darts...

Comment

You'd think the F302s would carry nuclear tipped missiles, they can get in close where the daedalus can not, it would only take a handful of smaller missiles to cripple a hive ship, as for the ori...i got nothin

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                        In space, there's no medium which sound can travel through. In other words, ignore the sound effects in space; they're not supposed to be there.
                        I know that but when you heard the sound in the episode, it was during the shot when the camera is inside the cockpit. Makes sense for there to be air (a medium for sound to travel) inside the spacecraft right?

Comment

not if the sound is being generated outside the cockpit, which means that inside the cockpit you wud hear nothing except if something hit you

Comment

When the railgun was firing the noise you hear onscreen is probably the capacitor charging/discharging plus vibration from the weapon. If the point of origin of the sound is surrounded by vaccum then yes you won't hear. But in this case the source of the sound is from within the spacecraft itself, which you will hear because the sound waves can travel through the structure of the ship.

Sci-fi shows just pushes it too far sometimes and you the "whoosh" when ships fly past. Without sound effects, it will be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                              not if the sound is being generated outside the cockpit, which means that inside the cockpit you wud hear nothing except if something hit you
                              This is technically true, although rapid fire from rail guns would provide sound resonation throughout the hull of the ship...createing sound in the cockpit.

EDIT: SP90 beat me to the punch, but at least I'm not alone in my explanation of sound resonation.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

The F302 could do with phasers, or mini railguns instead of missiles
                                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Working...
                                X