Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
    I dont know. Its just, umm well, hard seeing Ronon trade anything. And what would he have to trade. He was running from planet to planet with his Tripple barrel shotgun thing,(and probally had a sidearm too) which the Travellers wouldnt want anything to do with that type of tech seeing how their guns are far better.
    True. But we don't no what he picked up whilst running do we?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2k8 View Post
      True. But we don't no what he picked up whilst running do we?
      True, but i dont see that the Travellers would have need anything he had. I mean look at the Pegas galaxy. Theres us in atlantis, the Wriath, the travellers, and then the Genii. The rest of the galaxy that they have shown us is nothing but simple, well nomadike like indians. They have bows and arrows. Ronons people were probally the next advanced. They had projectial weapons like us and the Genii.
      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

True, but i dont see that the Travellers would have need anything he had. I mean look at the Pegas galaxy. Theres us in atlantis, the Wriath, the travellers, and then the Genii. The rest of the galaxy that they have shown us is nothing but simple, well nomadike like indians. They have bows and arrows. Ronons people were probally the next advanced. They had projectial weapons like us and the Genii.
        True. Reading your comments i doubt he traded it. He probably killed for it or even possibly found it but i doubt that aswell.

Comment

I think people forgot to read this part of my post:

[QUOTE=YutheGreat;7763215]I suspect Ronnon's gun was a trophy by one of the Wraiths who hunted Ronnon when he was a runner. It is probable that after hive captured a traveller ship one of them took it as trophy. This Wraith hunted Ronnon so Ronnon killed him and took the gun from him. [QUOTE]

So indirectly Ronnon got it by killing the Wraith that took it from the travellers. Ronnon could not have directly taken it cause he didn't meet the travellers before.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

or ronon found it after killing a wraith as the wraith killed a traveler.

Or possibly the traveler wondered what was going on between a wraith and one guy, and attempted to interfere. the traveler died and ronon killed the wraith.

A smart runner would then loot the bodies for useful items.

Comment

True, he needed all the tools he can get. We know Ronon is smart enough to salvage what he can. He is quite resourceful as we have seen in the episode Sateda.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                True, he needed all the tools he can get. We know Ronon is smart enough to salvage what he can. He is quite resourceful as we have seen in the episode Sateda.
                Very true

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2k8 View Post
                  True. Reading your comments i doubt he traded it. He probably killed for it or even possibly found it but i doubt that aswell.
                  Ronon is the shoot first and dont bother asking question types to me. I doubt the Wraith took it from a Traveller. He probally took it from a Traveller that he killed. Now whether or not the Traveller pulled his gun first, who nows. But there are a couple of possiablities of how he got it.
                  What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Comment

Originally posted by AltarLeader View Post
                    i agree with "Wraith_Boy" i do remember Ronon flipping out ammo and about the origins of the gun Ronon was a runner for how many years he could have run in to the travelers at some point and traded/ stole one of there weapons because they are much better than Satedans standard weaponry.
                    I remember seeing him flip the gun open and checking the cylinder on several occasions. Maybe checking the charge?

Comment

Good question. I always thought that was how he changed it from stun to kill but im not sure.

Comment

Good question. I always thought that was how he changed it from stun to kill but im not sure.
                        See I always thought that little flip of his thumb switched modes.

I recall seeing him "thumb the safety" in a few scenes as they moved to full combat from sneaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6
                          I recall seeing him "thumb the safety" in a few scenes as they moved to full combat from sneaking.
                          Yeah, me too. *goes off to surf transcripts for info*
                          --------------

Okay, here's what the Stargate Omnipedia has to say about it:

Originally posted by Omnipedia
                          Weapon wielded by Ronon Dex. Little is known about this weapon, but it is apparently not Satedan in origin. The Travelers also possess the same weapons technology, indicating that Ronon may have encountered them during his years as a Runner and taken (or was given) it.

Rather than bullets, the device emits great red bursts of energy. It has two settings, stun and kill.
                          (Link)
                          Hmmm... Not very helpful, huh? I'll keep looking...

Comment

Maybe an upcomeing episode will hae some information on his gun in it??

Comment

Maybe an upcomeing episode will hae some information on his gun in it??
                              we got already got some info on his gun in traverlers we found its origin

but there not really much more we could learn bout it except it kicks ass!!
                              sigpic
                              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                                we got already got some info on his gun in traverlers we found its origin

but there not really much more we could learn bout it except it kicks ass!!
                                And that everyone wants one.

I wonder if Diamond Select will make replicas of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X